Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Save money on fertilizer this spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 394

Save money on fertilizer this spring

Mar 2, 2020, 8:01 AM

by having over half of your yard with a septic field line under.

Just cut my fertilizer bill in half.

Already had two runs of 50 ft. from the distribution box. Guy came out Saturday and put in 100 more feet wrapping it around the grapevine and running it almost to the front yard.

The way my yard is set up I literally can't put anymore line in it. Saving a ton of money on fertilizer.

Will also have a #### ton more grapes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

say What now?***

Mar 2, 2020, 8:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said C_R_A_P ton more grapes.

Mar 2, 2020, 3:44 PM

I'm diggin' this methodology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The original system only had 100' of drain line?

Mar 2, 2020, 8:19 AM

Mine is 533LF of drain line. No wonder you are having problems. Did you even get this system permitted?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This system was put in in the 70's

Mar 2, 2020, 8:30 AM

pretty sure nobody gave a #### back then.

built with the same brick as the house.

Had a 2 50 ft runs. From what I've gathered you are suppose to have 50 ft per bathroom and we have 2 bathrooms. Hence why the washing machine puts it over the edge.

Now it's got 100 ft of that new dome type line. Suppose to handle 1.5x the amount of water as a closed pipe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

120 GPD per bedroom

Mar 2, 2020, 8:41 AM

TLF=GPD/FS depending on soil type. A 3BR house would need a MINIMUM of 360 LF Drain Field. Most likely at least 400LF.

You are now half way there.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse me....

Mar 2, 2020, 8:43 AM

TLF=GPD/SF

I originally wrote FS, not SF. SF ranges from like 0.7 to 1.0, depending on soil type.

I don't know what any of this means

Mar 2, 2020, 8:50 AM

All I know is I no longer smell #### in my yard.

It means that even though the sizing requirements are

Mar 2, 2020, 8:56 AM

WAAYYYYY overkill, yours is still grossly undersized and you may still have problems. Less problems, but still some problems.

200LF of drain line, what you have now, is about enough for 1.67 bedrooms with great soil. Assuming you have 3 bedrooms, with great soil you would need 360 LF of drain line. Also, the tank needs to be 1000 gallons. Not sure what you have.

First why are you basing it on bedrooms?

Mar 2, 2020, 8:58 AM

bedrooms don't go into a septic tank. Bathrooms do.

Also, the tank is fugging massive. According to the guy who pumped the septic tank, it's the biggest he's ever seen.

And he said the tank was big too.

all Septic systems are perked based on bedrooms.

Mar 2, 2020, 8:59 AM

Least all the ones I know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess because it shows how many people

Mar 2, 2020, 9:15 AM

are living in the house? I don't know. Doesn't make sense.

But that house did go from 2 old people living in it for 40 years. Down to one old lady. Now up to 4 people. The septic tank took a beating the past 3 years.

If it keeps giving me problems I'll take the washing machine off. Which I'll do eventually. Just gives me more time now.

You can't size a system based on how many people live

Mar 2, 2020, 9:25 AM

in the house.

What if you want to sell your house and they have 3 kids and you only have 2. You sell them the house and get sued because they don't have a system that meets code.

Bedrooms is a standard way to do it.

You are also required to have a repair area that is the same size as your working system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is how systems are designed

Mar 2, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to all Septic systems are perked based on bedrooms. ]

It is based on bedrooms for total daily flow. 120 gal per bedroom.

You then have to get the long term acceptance rate (LTAR) of the soil from either the county environmental health or a licensed soil scientist.

LTAR (gpd/ft^2) Values can range from .2 to about 1.0. Sand is 1.0 and clay is .2

For a 3 bedroom house and a three foot wide trench and an LTAR of .6 the length of pipe would be

3x120 = 360 gallons per day.

360 gpd/(3ft x .6 gpd/ft^2) = 200 feet of trench required

The domed pipe is called chamber tech and it gives you a 25% reduction so 150 feet would be required.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCDHEC Regulations, bruh. Not your made up

Mar 2, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to First why are you basing it on bedrooms? ]

shit

It's working

Mar 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

Image result for i don't give a #### gif

Apparently you're giving TOO many #####.***

Mar 2, 2020, 10:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Tave Latthews Fand=Gave Patthews Dand/Save Ferris***

Mar 2, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to 120 GPD per bedroom ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a blue house right outside of 18 mile on Hartwell

Mar 2, 2020, 10:10 AM

They have made numerous additions to the house, all of which involve shipping containers the man procured from somewhere. Deck built on top of shipping containers, another wing of the house built on top of shipping containers, etc. He tried to extend the roof on his dock out with 2x4's to cover his big cruiser boat that never moved....it lasted about 4 days before the new roof collapsed on the boat. That big cruiser boat actually sunk at the end of last year and sat on the bottom of the lake for about a month before it was recovered. He did go out and put a tarp on it after it sunk. No idea what he ended up doing with it.

There's a mud slide of construction debris that goes down his backyard from other failed projects. Most of it seems to be from when he attempted to terrace the hill with what appears to be white vinyl siding. I have no idea what else it can be. I'm sure there's all sorts of god awful electrical work, and who knows what else if you actually got to inspect the property.

Anyway, your house kind of sounds like his.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is human waste the best fertilizer?

Mar 2, 2020, 12:46 PM

Talk about recycling.

milorganite***

Mar 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 20
| visibility 394
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic