Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings

Nov 6, 2016, 9:55 AM

Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like my friends on TNet, I just don't understand

Nov 6, 2016, 10:22 AM

why he hates us so....................lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we are the team to beat, why did he rank us 2nd?***

Nov 6, 2016, 10:58 AM

Re: If we are the team to beat, why did he rank us 2nd?***

Nov 6, 2016, 11:58 AM

Simple. Undefeated defending national Champs get to be #1 until knocked off. And the entire sec sucks behind them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we are the team to beat, why did he rank us 2nd?***

Nov 7, 2016, 11:47 AM

Plausible reasoning and accurate answer, especially as to the second part of your response. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings

Nov 6, 2016, 1:11 PM

I have one ? for Herbie, why has he followed the AP when they had Clemson #4, #3, and then he jumped in with the playoff committee when they ranked us #2. It seems to be that his opinion of us is what the AP said, then he jumped on ship with the playoff committee with their first ranking. Did he ever have his own personal opinion of what he believed Clemson was, other than what the AP said, or what the committee said?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings

Nov 6, 2016, 3:08 PM

> I have one ? for Herbie, why has he followed the AP
> when they had Clemson #4, #3, and then he jumped in
> with the playoff committee when they ranked us #2. It
> seems to be that his opinion of us is what the AP
> said, then he jumped on ship with the playoff
> committee with their first ranking. Did he ever have
> his own personal opinion of what he believed Clemson
> was, other than what the AP said, or what the
> committee said?

^^ This. ^^

C'mon man. AP is best source until CFP comes out...

Nov 6, 2016, 7:21 PM

Of course that's the way it works. Duh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

He had us #2 prior to release of rankings and picked us to

Nov 6, 2016, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings ]

win the championship. He's been a consistent Clemson supporter and show less bias than most of the media. I like Herbie.

Re: He had us #2 prior to release of rankings and picked us to

Nov 6, 2016, 6:30 PM

I agree. He had good things to say about clemson on gameday yesterday. He has stated before he''d like his kids to go to clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had us #2 prior to release of rankings and picked us to

Nov 7, 2016, 11:50 AM [ in reply to He had us #2 prior to release of rankings and picked us to ]

This! I think he is a call it like he sees it guy, and he certainly has shown us some respect over the last couple of years. I see him as one of the good guys, for sure.

He put us at #2 last weekend before rankings came out

Nov 7, 2016, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings ]

Right after he saw us beat FSU they showed his top 4 and it said Michigan in front of Clemson. After the game he clarified that the graphic was incorrect and he has Clemson at #2. This was the Saturday before the CFP came out with their rankings on Tuesday.

Re: He put us at #2 last weekend before rankings came out

Nov 7, 2016, 11:50 AM

I seem to remember the same thing.

I think some of you try too hard to find anti-Clemson bias

Nov 7, 2016, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Herbstreit has Clemson in his Top 4 Playoff Rankings ]

Herbie has been saying all year that we are the most talented team in the country, and he picked us to win it all prior to the season.

Two weeks ago before the committee rankings came out, we had yet to play FSU. After beating them in Tallahassee he moved us up to number 2.

He plainly says that while he thinks we are the most talented, he believes Bama deserves the number 1 ranking because of their resume and how they have played this year. Any honest Clemson fan would admit that overall Bama has been more consistently dominant than we have this year.

Also, prior to the FSU win, Michigan's resume was much more comparable to ours. After we beat FSU, that pushed us ahead of them. The committee is on record saying basically the same thing.

Go take a look at the message boards of Louisville, Nebraska, West Virginia, and amazingly even Ohio State; each fanbase believes in a false reality that ESPN hates them and is trying to hold them down. Many other ACC fans strongly believe that there is a pro-Clemson bias at ESPN. The wildest conspiracy theory out there is among a contingent of SEC fans that think ESPN has an anti-SEC bias.

All of their boards have a group of posters that sound a lot like many people on this board sound like today, and even more so a couple years ago.

There was a clear lack of Clemson coverage and respect in the past, but that has changed for the past two years for the majority of commentators and analysts.

There's no defense for some of the idiots though..... I'm looking mostly at you Mark May.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie is the man!

Nov 8, 2016, 8:31 AM

Herbstreit is usually spot on with his analysis. I agree with him completely and glad we have him on our side. Right where we should ranked

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic