Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt really showed what a moron he is today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Walt really showed what a moron he is today...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:29 PM

as if he doesn't do it every day. He spent much of 2 1/2 hours arguing with people about wild turkeys. He called people "full of crap" and idiots because he couldn't believe such "fat, clumsy, slow, dumb birds " can fly or even run fast enough to get out of a man's way if one walked past. It is the height of ignorance for someone to argue on the airways about a topic that he knows absolutely nothing about. And he had Ramona and some "interns" agreeing with him. And , no , I did not listen to this rant for anywhere near that long - I was in and out of my car and he was still talking about this very time I got back in.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may very well be a moron,

Feb 13, 2013, 8:33 PM

But somehow he manages to keep an incredibly loyal following.

I too think that much of his show (Ramona) is a bit gimmicky, but the guy does have a good understanding of most sports.

Seriously, why do you upstaters waste your time with this...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:34 PM

Walt Deptula, if you think he is such a moron?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously, why do you upstaters waste your time with this...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:39 PM

He was supposed to be rating this year's recruits after watching a lot of high school tape, and can actually tell people something with insight if he would stick to facts and not pretend to be an expert on every topic that comes up. Today was his worst as he called hunters, game wardens, and wildlife biologists who called in stupid for not depicting the wild turkey in the way he sees the Classic Butterball at the local Bi-Lo.

Feb 13, 2013, 8:41 PM

He would starve to death if he had to depend on his wiles to bag a longbeard in the woods. They are very smart and VERY wary. He should refrain from talking abt things he knows nothing abt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2013, 8:44 PM

My point exactly - and he argued with everyone who called in to set him straight and never got the point. He still thinks they are the 25 pound white gobs of fat, hormone-fed birds that live shoulder-to-shoulder in climate-controlled houses.

Message was edited by: clover65®

The truth is if a Wild Turkey could smell you would never...

Feb 13, 2013, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously, why do you upstaters waste your time with this... ]

kill one, ever. I guess you have to have a true respect and love for hunting to understand what an exciting sport Wild turkey hunting really is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth is if a Wild Turkey could smell you would never...

Feb 13, 2013, 9:45 PM

Well said, coothater. I enjoy hunting and have done it all over the world but there is nothing better than listening to the woods wake up in S.C. during the spring time. People who don't chase turkeys could never understand the adrenaline flow of calling in a limbhanger across a river swamp bottom.

No doubt

Feb 13, 2013, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Seriously, why do you upstaters waste your time with this... ]

The few times I have been up that way during the week I could tolerate about 5 minutes of him before I was searching for something else to listen to. He's worse than Teddy Heffner IMO.

Re: Walt really showed what a moron he is today...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:37 PM

This was talked abt earlier and the thread disappeared. Walt is an idiot. His ignorance concerning wild turkeys is astounding...

Re: Walt really showed what a moron he is today...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:41 PM

Another day not long ago, he was astounded to learn that lottery scratch-off tickets have prizes more than a dollar or two - can he not know better than that after hanging out in the Palms gas stations that he pushed for 10 years?

Suspect his knowledge of turkeys is from "WKRP" ...

Feb 13, 2013, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt really showed what a moron he is today... ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

That was the most hilarious show I ever watched

Feb 13, 2013, 9:02 PM

but Walt was unbelievable in his comments. Trying to make people who knew what they were talking about look ignorant when it was himself .

Feb 13, 2013, 8:49 PM

I actually switched over to ESPN radio out of Spartanburg. Ten times better hosts than wccp right now. Thurn and Deptula are the same. Just something about the way they talk that really annoyed the @@@@ out of me.

And yesterday's hour long most popular lunch meat segment***

Feb 13, 2013, 9:24 PM

As he was talking about this, I saw a tom with a 12-inch

Feb 13, 2013, 9:26 PM

beard standing on the side of Madden Bridge Road across from RC Edwards. I wish I could have coaxed it into my truck. I would have driven over to the radio station and thrown it through his doorway. Would have loved to hear their new found knowledge of wild turkeys.

Re: As he was talking about this, I saw a tom with a 12-inch

Feb 13, 2013, 9:28 PM

If he was sporting a 12" rope, he likely had some dandy spurs. I don't imagine Walt would enjoy being on the business end of them. Might be a good lesson for him, though...

You spent 2.5 hours listening to that rubbish?***

Feb 13, 2013, 10:01 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic