Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Was the ground marker correct during end of Louisville game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

FB Update: Was the ground marker correct during end of Louisville game?

Oct 4, 2016, 2:18 PM

Was the ground marker correct during end of Louisville game?

Read Update »

Message was edited by: TigerNet Recruiting®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson statement on ground marker during end of Louisville game

Oct 4, 2016, 2:20 PM

Why issue this statement. It is just asking for more criticism

null

Good freaking lord... too many cameras/social media/bloggers

Oct 4, 2016, 2:21 PM

these days.

We are now critiquing the local chain gang guys. This is amazing.

Re: Good freaking lord... too many cameras/social media/bloggers

Oct 5, 2016, 1:13 AM

This is what happens when the team that most believed would win, didn't win. If it wasn't the side line marker with the chain crew, I'm positive that it would have been something else. And most believed that Louie was going to win bc of the sh!tty FB we have played up until that game. But Like I've said, if it wasn't for the chain crew situation, rest assured it would have most certainly been another why Clemson won that game with 5 turnovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have literally real time watched it

Oct 5, 2016, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Good freaking lord... too many cameras/social media/bloggers ]

100x and Edmonds had him. As soon as he cut out, ME took his feet out from in set him. He had 3 guy's breaking from, albeit 2 with a legit chance to bring him down short if he broke upfield; hence why he took his chances one on one. Thank God we weren't trying to tackle LJ! Edmonds was just that half step quicker we are on D that they haven't seen. We dropped at least 11-2+/- going in! Better, more proven team won a football game. End of story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll never meet the requirement s for the chain crew.

Oct 4, 2016, 2:23 PM

Remain neutral...I don't think so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll never meet the requirement s for the chain crew.

Oct 4, 2016, 2:26 PM

Actually, that's expected for anyone on the sidelines, whether taking pictures, videos or working the chains. Cheering is expressly forbidden in the press box too.

Oct 4, 2016, 3:08 PM

Based on NCAA rule the marker was NOT too far back, Louisville actually got a generous spot and was still well over a yard short (the player was clearly closer to 2 yards short) but like great coaches tell their players, be aware of where you are on the field and where you need to get then make sure you get beyond the yard line needed for 1st down leaving no doubt. Basically this is just another example of making excuses rather than accepting defeat.

POOR LOUISVILLE LOOSERMEN!!***

Oct 4, 2016, 3:14 PM

or, POOR LOOSERVILLE!!******

Oct 4, 2016, 3:15 PM

Re: or, POOR LOOSERVILLE!!******

Oct 6, 2016, 12:07 PM

Someone who doesn't win is a L-O-S-E-R . Something not secured is LOOSE!! Go back to elementary school .

Oct 5, 2016, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll never meet the requirement s for the chain crew. ]

Just like the ball that Ray Ray threw to the ground, that ball clearly hit the plain of the goal line, and the ref said that it didn't even after the video clearly showed that it did!!! No fb game will ever be called the same until a computer program is set up to make the calls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The chain crew parked near our tailgate

Oct 4, 2016, 3:40 PM [ in reply to I'll never meet the requirement s for the chain crew. ]

and they wear pants with Tiger Paws.... so they are supposed to be neutral? Aren't the striped shirts responsible for making the marker correct?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING STADIUM KNEW WHERE HE HAD TO GET TO***

Oct 4, 2016, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I was in the top deck on the complete opposite side of

Oct 4, 2016, 10:40 PM

the field and I could see the marker.

I was in TD South, second row on the goal line.

Oct 5, 2016, 10:45 AM

The last portal on the extreme left end of TD South (facing the field). The play happened right in front of me. I knew he was short immediately.

Re: EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING STADIUM KNEW WHERE HE HAD TO GET TO***

Oct 5, 2016, 1:28 AM [ in reply to EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING STADIUM KNEW WHERE HE HAD TO GET TO*** ]

It wouldn't have mattered if he went out of bounds 5 yards from the 1st down marker, Louisville, their fans, and everybody wanting them to win, all of them will say bad call when there wasn't but one call there to make, and that was did he make the 1st. No, he didn't, and everything else related in their argument is absolutely M O O T!!!!!!!! It don't matter where the freaking red arrow was placed, they go by the chains and nothing else. Clemson is truly 5-0, and Louie is 4-1!!!!

Agree with you completely

Oct 5, 2016, 5:16 AM

If they could not blame the loss on the marker, they would blame it on a bad call or they would blame it on the fact that it only rained on them. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish everybody would just S T F U. If you play football,

you damm sure better know the down and distance. Especially if there's a likely playoff spot on the line. Dude just got stopped because he's soft and didn't want to make the extra effort. Suck it up Cards fans, take it like a real football fanbase should, and move on.

All of this just proves to me, that you may think you are, but you're nowhere close to being ready for big boy football.

To be fair

Oct 4, 2016, 2:48 PM

It's not the Cards fans making a big deal about this, at least not from what I've seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No freaking problem if UL QB & WRhad gone to right side

Oct 4, 2016, 2:55 PM

Where the official chains & marker sticks are!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, not a single aspect of this loss was their fault.***

Oct 4, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to I wish everybody would just S T F U. If you play football, ]

He looked right at it....

It was to far back by a few feet, but he could see it pree snap and even when he first turned. He looked right at it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

It's not quite as easy to see without that nice yellow line

Oct 4, 2016, 2:27 PM

but at the same time, come on. It's 4th down, time is running out, you go all out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not quite as easy to see without that nice yellow line

Oct 4, 2016, 3:45 PM

WHAT IS REALLY FUNNY IS WE HAVE even 1 person that gives a #### about what lewisville says about that play. the home side yard markers are done like they are at every other school in the universe. the home side marker is never the official marker.

Re: It's not quite as easy to see without that nice yellow line

Oct 5, 2016, 1:34 AM

Correct, when the ref ask for a measurement, they ask for the chains, and if the ball isn't touchinh the stick, it's not a 1st down, and yes it is just that simple. The ref will never ask where is the flag setting at on the side lines, never and a day will they ask that question!!!!!!

Everyone in the free world knew full well....

Oct 4, 2016, 2:31 PM

that the two yard line was the distance needed for the first down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Ball didn't even cross the 3 yd line if thhe thought? ...

Oct 4, 2016, 2:34 PM

Ridiculous conversation. I guess losers e gonna try and find something to whine about. Remember, we had 5 turnovers and still won.

Let me sum it up. Venables defense baited Jackson

Oct 4, 2016, 2:33 PM

Into throwing short. Edmonds made the play. End of story. Goooooo Tigers. ! And I'll see y'all in Orlando.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude got tackled ... he really didnt have a choice of where

Oct 4, 2016, 2:37 PM

he went out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude got tackled ... he really didnt have a choice of where

Oct 4, 2016, 4:04 PM

^^^^^^^ TTTHHHIIISSS^^^^^^^

GEEZ!!!!... if he COULD have gotten another INCH... he would have.. period.

Thank you. Been trying to say that.

Oct 4, 2016, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Dude got tackled ... he really didnt have a choice of where ]

29 knocked his legs out and out of bounds. He worked him to the sidelines and knocked him out. Period. Quick didnt have a chance to hurdle or whatever. He got his legs popped without even realizing it was coming. As Ive been saying since Saturday night, Edmond knocked him out of bounds. Period. End of story. Great play, and game over. The better team won.

Eff Louisville....Quick was 1.5-2 yds short of the

Oct 4, 2016, 2:54 PM

first down, period!! What was he short? Because Edmunds closed in so dang fast & took a great angle to stop a cut back...and, he hit him low and with his head inside to force him out so he couldn't stretch the ball out! Perfect execution by Edmunds!!

Re: FB Update: Was the ground marker correct during end of Louisville game?

Oct 4, 2016, 2:56 PM

Good grief, the Louisville receiver made a mental error and it cost them the game. they and the media just need to get over it

Oct 4, 2016, 4:05 PM

no he didn't.. he couldn't cut back cause he'd get LESS yardage.. he tried to get as far as he could before being knocked out of bounds.. and THAT is what happened..

Well UL's acedemic requirements are the lowest in the ACC

Oct 4, 2016, 3:13 PM

maybe the receiver couldn't subtract.

Besides, with one on one coverage, who goes for the 2 yard

Oct 4, 2016, 3:15 PM

line anyway? You need to score.

Re: Besides, with one on one coverage, who goes for the 2 yard

Oct 4, 2016, 3:53 PM

In fairness, with so little time left, maybe he was just focusing on getting out of bounds?

Hah, who am I kidding; he had 30+ seconds left. Dude you gotta juke and get in the endzone. Or at least fight for however many extra feet/yards/whatever.

Re: Besides, with one on one coverage, who goes for the 2 yard

Oct 5, 2016, 12:28 PM

He also had a timeout left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK...check with ESPN, SVP, Duke, and NSCU...

Oct 4, 2016, 3:51 PM

If they agree, and ESPN would agree, let's scrap UoL's game with Duke and Clemson's game with NCSU and have a stinking re-match, on 10/15. NOW and I mean NOW!! The loser has to forfeit ALL of their REMAINING GAMES. Winner gets an automatic birth in the playoffs and doesn't have to play the rest of their schedule! Come on ESPN, man up you cowards! Put your back into man and force everyone's hands into this re-match!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Good Call-out. Unfortunately, they just want to biotch...***

Oct 4, 2016, 5:07 PM

The odd thing is that Quick is being criticized for

Oct 4, 2016, 3:53 PM

"stepping out of bounds". I've seen the replay, he was KNOCKED out of bounds.

You could have had a big green neon arrow driven into the ground at the 1st down line and it wouldn't have stopped Edmonds from forcing Monsieur Quick off the field of play.

Placement of the marker is of no import

Re: The odd thing is that Quick is being criticized for

Oct 4, 2016, 4:07 PM

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!!

Re: The odd thing is that Quick is being criticized for

Oct 4, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to The odd thing is that Quick is being criticized for ]

Absolutely! Marcos Edmond knocked him out of bounds and thus saved the game for the Tigers! My new favorite player!

Oct 4, 2016, 4:20 PM

This is so irrelevant. The Louisville player went as far as he could before getting pushed out of bounds. It doesn't matter if he could see or not see the markers, flags, poles, ribbons, tassels, hoola hoops, and /or office space flair (some will get this). He didn't make the first down. End of story!

Oct 4, 2016, 10:58 PM

Jennifer Aniston...nice

I also saw someone on the grassy knoll, and behind a fence

Oct 4, 2016, 4:29 PM

Conspiracy man! I need my tinfoil hat.....

Oct 4, 2016, 4:51 PM

Couldn't he see the yellow line?

Oct 4, 2016, 5:27 PM

I don't see what the problem is - the yellow line was clearly visible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 5:38 PM

This is the reason why we should beat the crap out of each and every team we play. If we have at least 14+ points of a lead on them, we wouldn't have to listen to these excuses from the losing team.

Oct 4, 2016, 6:35 PM

What is even more illogical is......if he didn't see the first down marker, why did he go out of bounds? So even if we give Quick the benefit of the doubt, here's what went on in his head:
"I don't see the first down marker..... I'll just go out of bounds

DC:DR

Oct 4, 2016, 7:13 PM

Don't Care. Didn't Read

Watch the film and freeze frames, Idiots. It was 4th down and 12. Jackson was corralled in his backfield with the pocket collapsing around him. He had WRs crossing the line of gain and Clemson had four defenders covering them. Quick ran a 3 yard route and turned just about the time Jackson had to get rid of the ball or take a sack which would have ended the game.

The ball was thrown high and instead of putting his hands up to snag it Quick chose to jump and catch it in front of his chest, being careful, I guess. 9.8m/s^2. He quickly turned as soon as he planted his feet and assessed the field. Edmonds was between Quick and the line of gain and three of our other backs were covering the middle of the field, two between him and the line of gain.

Anyone who thinks he could have beaten Edmonds one on one should notice the hit Edmonds put on Quick which knock him out of bounds.

Was he running for the sideline? Why didn't he turn inside knowing that a first down would stop the clock and that UL was sitting on a time out? Who calls a 3 yard route when it's 4th and 12 with the game on the line? Why does a WR who needs 12 yards jump to catch a ball thrown within his reach? Why would the top Heisman candidate throw to a receiver who ran a 3 yard route in a 4th and 12 with the game on the line? Check the film and get your own answers.

Oh yeah, it's all about the sideline marker, I forgot when I studded the film.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he may have seen this ""Sign""

Oct 4, 2016, 7:21 PM
Dang !!!.jpg(158.1 K)

what ya' think ??

Re: I think he may have seen this ""Sign""

Oct 5, 2016, 1:37 AM

All signs there are correct bc it don't matter;)

Re: DC:DR

Oct 4, 2016, 7:32 PM [ in reply to DC:DR ]

Well said. Period.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:42 PM

much to do about NOTHING!! just more sour grapes

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The marker on that side of the field is not required at all,

Oct 4, 2016, 11:40 PM

only recommended. It is strictly optional. The only strict rules apply to the official chain on the opposite sideline.

Louisville nation right now

Oct 5, 2016, 1:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Oct 5, 2016, 5:11 AM

As long as there are gonna be wild theoretical nonsensical stories being tossed around about this particular play ...how about what if I told you that Quick was asked to come up short by some large , greasy headed Italian gentlemen from Philadelphia who had a vested interest in Louisville's loss .

Seems as legit as any other .

Kid just didn't, or couldn't get there ...because Edmond made a great play .

DB23

Look at the last 15 seconds or so of the first half

Oct 5, 2016, 8:51 AM

when we were driving for our final score of the half.

The ground marker was in the same dang place. They need to find something else to ##### about.

Oct 5, 2016, 9:53 AM

I never have seen the yellow line on the TV set to be off. Not even a sliver. Markers sometimes move due to player interferance or the need to get out of the way of a play, but the officials fix that every play. They just didn't make it. It happens a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 10:07 AM

I don't want to hear anything about this. When you got the first down on the 12 you know you have to get to the 2 for a first down. You took a timeout on 4th and 7. During that timeout you knew where the first down was. Just because you got a penalty doesn't change the markers. That's on the cards coaching staff if quick didn't know where the first down was coming off a timeout.

Oct 5, 2016, 11:28 AM

Who cares?????? I want a 28+ point win Friday Night.

Pluck a lot of Eagle Feathers Friday Night!!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

Oct 5, 2016, 11:30 AM

Winners make plays, looser's make excuses.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic