Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SI: The case against Derrick Henry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,612

SI: The case against Derrick Henry

Dec 9, 2015, 9:46 AM

The case against: At 5.9 yards per carry, Henry hasn’t been as efficient as other stellar backs like Florida State’s Dalvin Cook (7.86), LSU’s Leonard Fournette (6.42) or Oregon’s Royce Freeman (6.64). Henry has also carried the ball 339 times, more than any other FBS player.

339 TIMES, MORE THAN ANY OTHER FBS PLAYER!!!! I wonder how many more times versus the top ten RBs.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You missed the "," my man

Dec 9, 2015, 9:50 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SI: The case against Derrick Henry

Dec 9, 2015, 9:59 AM

He won't last much longer at those reps. See Marcus Lattimore.

He's probably lost a year off his NFL career already with

Dec 9, 2015, 10:18 AM

this many carries. Assuming he's actually good enough to stick in the NFL. He won't have the advantages he has in college when he hits the pros. No more getting 5 yards down field before contact, and no more 240 lb Henry vs 200 lb DBs when he finally gets hit. Lets see how he fares against 300+ lb linemen and 240+ lbs. He doesn't really have any shiftiness to fall back on.

Glad I'm not the only one

Dec 9, 2015, 11:38 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't blown away by Henry's "greatness". Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette are both better backs. Henry is a big, tough back that can break arm tackles. Wow there are about 10 others in the country who would post the same or better stats. Alabama has ridden him about as far as they can.

Put Dalvin Cook behind that line against those "stellar" SEC defenses (note sarcasm) and see what happens. Cook would run away with the Heisman. I just hope none of the NFL teams I like, don't want this guy. I'm not saying he is not a good back, but he is far from God's gift to football. The comparisons I've heard to Hershal Walker are absurd. When those comparisons are made we need to have a new version of he Terry Tate Office Linebacker commercial. The new version should show a completely shredded, 53 year old Hershal running through the ESPN studio with his Olympic bobsledding getup, Georgia helmet and MMA gloves, wrecking shop on the dumbarses that would make this stupid claim.

But, it is by default. The most notable player from the most notable SEC school must be included on all award finalist lists. If voters fail to send in ballots or cast votes by the deadline the vote automatically goes to the SEC guy. I don't make the rules but we all must live by them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is 34th in yards per carry - 34TH!

Dec 9, 2015, 11:40 AM

And that really is the only stat that matters. Total yards is skewed by the number of carries he has.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic