Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris not going anywhere....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,338

Morris not going anywhere....

Jan 8, 2014, 8:47 AM

not because he doesn't want to be a head coach, but becasue the open jobs are better than they were when the previous coach arrived.

Louisville is not Louisville before Charlie Strong or even Bobby Petrino. They will get a bigger name than Morris or even a HC from a smaller school with good records

Vandy is not the same Vandy before Franklin got there. The record speaks for itself, it is very similar to Duke before Cutcliffe. Although Cutcliffe was a successful coord and HC at major D 1 universities before getting the Duke job.

Point is look at Fedora's guy from UNC who got the Arky St job. He had been with Fedora at UNC and Okla St and Southern Miss. He had a longer track record and success at Okla St, So Miss, and now I guess they use 40 pts per game toward the end of the year as his accomplishment at UNC.

Morris is great and has a hot shot offense that many teams, fans, and other coaches respect. However, he has only been a college coach for a few years. Look at Malzhan, he won a national champ, had a heisman QB, and the best he got was Arky St as HC before coming back to Auburn.

People sound silly when they say he doesn't want the Louisville job, etc. he interviewed and was not selected for NC ST and Texas Tech and he is human so obviously he wants to see career progress as a successful man in his craft or industry.

he will get his chance but it will be smaller than anyone around here thinks. I think MAC, AAC, etc. Look at history, is Urban not a great coach, he got his break at Bowling Green then Utah, etc. Dabo is not the norm, Morris will follow the coordinator path and after a few good seasons take a small Div 1 job like all the rest.

Stop the nonsense of he doesn't want this job or that job

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Jan 8, 2014, 8:50 AM

smh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

valid point

Jan 8, 2014, 9:13 AM

And i agree and there is nothing wrong with a smaller job. Morris will be a strong head coach and im surprised he hasnt gotten a stronger look. The best thing Malzahn did was go to Arkansas St. Chad Morris should follow suit if given the oppurtunity. Him being turned down for bigger jobs is no slap on him though. Win/Win for him. Head coach or OC at major program. Not a bad problem to have.

Re: valid point

Jan 8, 2014, 9:34 AM

Exactly, if louisville wanted him we would hear about it.

Arky St didn;t even look at him and went right after Fedora's OC who factually while young has more experience from Okla St, So Miss, and UNC.

no big deal Morris is highest paid OC and doing well. I think Malzhan took Arky st for 400K. Morris makes almost 3 times that and is living in Clemson rather than Arky, has a great team and a great venue, etc. Maybe he doesn't want to leave for a small school HC job? However, HC or longtime OC is what leads to a job like Louisville etc

If memory serves Malzhan turned down the Vandy job, then

Jan 8, 2014, 9:39 AM

jumped off a sinking ship at Auburn. His wife made an @$$ of herself at some church or booster function so he took the only job he was offered.

Re: If memory serves Malzhan turned down the Vandy job, then

Jan 8, 2014, 9:44 AM

Yeah Malzhan didn't take Arky St because it was his next step he took it to get away from the current situation. It was luck more than anything that led him back to Auburn. Morris is in position to get a HC job at a larger school he just needs to find the right fit. If anything your point about Malzhan should help Morris because he proved a OC with his offense can succeed as a HC.

null

Re: If memory serves Malzhan turned down the Vandy job, then

Jan 8, 2014, 10:02 AM

That is a great point, however, I would say Holgerson, "I'm a man I'm 40 Okla st guy, Art Briles Baylor, Fedora, etc have all paved the way for Morris

he may get a big school to bite but it will take Clemson going 2-3 or even 3-3 against FSU, UGA, USC and his offense going off on a decent D.

Like it or not, while USC has 3 11 wins seasons, they lost games over the years some ugly including last year at Fla giving up 40 something but he has only gotten 17 and 10

UGA, Central Florida, Vandy, Kentucky, Tenn, Missouri, Wisconsin all scored more points than Morris' high powered offense and Heisman level QB and best receiver in the nation. 0-3 against USC doesn't help his resume. He gets noticed every year and talked about, however, his name drops when faced with good teams and not producing.

Either way the wins rack up for Clemson the longer he stays in orange!

Tell 'em coot***

Jan 8, 2014, 10:09 AM

kikntgrs - you can claim undergrad CU and all that, but this

Jan 8, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: If memory serves Malzhan turned down the Vandy job, then ]

is a TOTAL CHICKEN CRAP post. As are most of yours.

Points scored versus what other teams scored, etc ? Really ?

And all in the chicken slant.

You are a poser joke and we all know it. Kiknchkn was what you picked at the beginning so it is obvious your intention was to be a poser from the get go.

Just go away. Or at least come clean about being a total chicken homer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You think CM will take a cut in pay for a D2 job?

Jan 8, 2014, 10:14 AM

Tnetters need to stop fooling themselves, Clemson will match most D2 offers and The Chad isn't ready for the job he wants.

He needs several more years involved in NCAA football coaching to prepare for his dream job. Why would anyone think elsewise?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He interviewed for the NCSU job strictly as a formality

Jan 8, 2014, 10:16 AM

because the state of North Carolina requires a mandatory amount of interviews for state positions. He was never an intended candidate for the job and didn't want it.

Texas Tech chose to hire one of their own in Kliff Kingsbury.

You cannot be this stupid can you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: He interviewed for the NCSU job strictly as a formality

Jan 8, 2014, 10:23 AM

I'm stupid yet you think a guy went o NC ST to interview because the state needed people to interview?

Texas Tech hired a former QB yes, does either of those excuses change the fact Morris interviewed and did not get the jobs.

that was the statement and by the way to confirm facts. Klingsbury may have gotten the job due to being a former QB at the school which is all opinion, however, factually he has more accomplishments and more experience as a coach in Div 1 which is exactly the theme of the post

Re: He interviewed for the NCSU job strictly as a formality

Jan 8, 2014, 10:32 AM

"I'm stupid yet you think a guy went o NC ST to interview because the state needed people to interview?"

Considering the state is interviewing two more people before for a position created for my wife, it is apparent you've never worked for a state position.

Do us all a favor and leave Tigernet, you are constantly trolling, too negative to legitimately be considered a Clemson fan, and nobody likes you here (as evidence of your 40% pulse).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Don't think he'd be tempted by UT OC?***

Jan 8, 2014, 10:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris not going anywhere....

Jan 8, 2014, 10:41 AM

been here a long time and the lack of posts over the years shows I mainly come here for Tiger news.

however, I do post some and really think they are more factual than emotional which is why some people choose to slam rather than discuss

To each his own but it is nice to be able to read about recruiting, coaches comments, some people's legitimate thoughts based on facts on the field, etc

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,338
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic