Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Swinney says Kelly Bryant will be QB1 going in2 spring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Coach Swinney says Kelly Bryant will be QB1 going in2 spring

Nov 29, 2016, 11:41 AM

I wished we had seen him a little more in the blowout games but you have to play this year first and Nick would certainly be the guy to best keep the offense moving should we need him THIS year. So I dont know. I wonder if we will be looking to run a lot more zone-read/Auburn type offense if he wins the job. Will be interesting to see how ZCooper and HJohnson challenge him for it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant will get his chance.***

Nov 29, 2016, 11:42 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Bryant will get his chance.***

Nov 29, 2016, 2:24 PM

Yes he's getting his chance but I have not seen anything out of him to be the starting qb @Clemson. You have to throw it to be our starting qb. Bryant may improve but I don't see it.

I'll support whoever our QB is, but KB needs to step

Nov 29, 2016, 11:43 AM

it up tremendously if he plans on holding the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He has always said guys have to compete. KB will get his

Nov 29, 2016, 11:51 AM

shot and if he can't run the offense as efficiently as they want, maybe they can find another spot for him. That young man has got some wheels!!!! Glad he is a Tiger.

That's fine going into spring. I don't expect him to be

Nov 29, 2016, 11:44 AM

the starter come next September, but right now he's the only guy in the competition that's even taken a snap in a real game.

Re: That's fine going into spring. I don't expect him to be

Nov 29, 2016, 11:52 AM

I feel like Zerrick Cooper is the immediate future for our program, but only time will tell. Either way I am excited to see what happens.

Key words "going into spring".

Nov 29, 2016, 11:50 AM

That is hugely different than he will be our starter next year. Bowl practice will be huge for Zerrick Cooper. Dabo gets young guys significant work during those extra practices. Cooper is likely the better passer. KB the better runner. KB has been in system to years. Cooper one. Then you have to entertain the possibility that one of the true freshmen coming in will be able to win the job. KB has by no means won the job, though he may.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we don't run the Aub offense nxt yr. We'd get crushed***

Nov 29, 2016, 11:51 AM

Re: Coach Swinney says Kelly Bryant will be QB1 going in2 spring

Nov 29, 2016, 11:54 AM

uh dont forget chase brice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HCDS is loyal to HIS guys!

Nov 29, 2016, 11:55 AM

And that is what makes him THE coach we LOVE to love!

I'm totally good with this, and glad to hear him make that announcement. But I also think that he learned from the Stoudt vs Watson situation year before last, and just because he has declared the 'veteran as the incumbent', I don't think that means he will stick with him if one of our other qb recruits steps up.

Just like playing the backups as opposed to running up scores or posting shutout wins, his loyalty to his players pays HUGE dividends when they are in the living rooms of recruits trying to convince these young guys to come to Clemson.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:03 PM

Bryant must be very good in practice, 'cause he struggles in the real games IMO. I have seen almost no signs of life for him at QB. If he cannot learn to pass, read defenses, etc, then we instantly become one-dimensional and will lose a lot of games. I hope he works on his passing game during the off-season. I am obviously not a fan of Bryant at QB.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:13 PM

I feel the same way. He looks really timid even on the read option. The play he scored on against South Carolina didn't look smooth and he didn't look comfortable once he kept the ball. We still haven't seen him throw a ball down the field either. In my opinion Kelly Bryant doesn't see the field as a our starter but hey that's just one mans opinion and im not out there on the practice field every day maybe its a confidence issue.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:06 PM

Is he really 6'3" 215lbs? He doesn't look that tall on the field, but if so that's a good size for a QB.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:15 PM

He's definitely taller than Deshaun. Not sure about his weight.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:17 PM

I think KB going into spring should be a given, and if anything would be REALLY worried if he was not. That said, out of the two, I myself would feel a lot better with Dabo's "Little Gunslinger" back there. Say what you want about his size, but Tucker Israel can flat sling the rock. This spring will be a heck of a battle. Btw, Anyone know if Hunter and Chase will be early enrollments? Because if so, a 5 way battle in the spring will definitely be hectic, but every one of those guys is good enough on film to warrant a shot at the title imo.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2016, 12:19 PM

Hunter is an early enrollee I believe. Not sure about Chase.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:18 PM

He is as good an athlete as Lamar Jackson with a bigger build. Another year in our system and getting the first team reps we may be in for a pleasant surprise next year from the qb position. Not to mention the fact that he will have TONS of talent around him.

If he's not the starter, he will be 2nd string***

Nov 29, 2016, 12:24 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic