Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I did it. I went to FGF to see what they are saying.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I did it. I went to FGF to see what they are saying.

Nov 25, 2014, 12:04 AM

I wish I wouldn't have. I cannot stress how important a coot beat down is. We have lost all respect over the last 5 years and they believe they are unbeatable when they play us. They think Dabo is a joke, our defense has inflated numbers because of the competition we have played, and they believe if they win Saturday that it will continue for at least a decade.

It is sickening. They say that they are in our heads and they believe it is hilarious that 3 months ago Stoudt was supposed to be the "second coming of Tom Brady" and now we are hanging our hopes on a broke down, soft freshman.

Guys I cannot take another loss. We want respect?! We got to go get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good many things have happened in the last three months...

Nov 25, 2014, 12:06 AM

Take as a for instance...

South Carolina was ranked #9...how'd that work out for them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or...how'd that work out for you...whatever...***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:07 AM

Re: or...how'd that work out for you...whatever...***

Nov 25, 2014, 12:12 AM

Good point. I asked a question in another thread and didn't see the reply. Are we more worried about the product on the field in opposition this Saturday or are we more worried about the name and the previous 5 games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you prefer oh master-bater...umm...debater...

Nov 25, 2014, 12:17 AM

Lol...all tensions aside, no matter what team you stand for (your pulse says Tiger)...I say we're worried about winning. Keep it simple, don't over-think it. I hope I'm speaking for the team, of course.

Re: I did it. I went to FGF to see what they are saying.

Nov 25, 2014, 12:16 AM

It sucks to be on the 'other side' for once. Now we know how they've felt all along. That's why the series record is important. It's not that we are living in history, but merely that history repeats itself...

The return to normalcy will happen.
But it's gotta be now.
Can't wait another year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did you end up at 55%

Nov 25, 2014, 12:19 AM

Just curious.

Not calling you out - just watched your posts for a while.

Re: How did you end up at 55%

Nov 25, 2014, 12:23 AM

Beats me. I get called a coot like 27
times a day.

I tend to voice my opinion very aggressively at times. Some also say I am a pessimist. Oh well. In one ear
and out the other.

It's all good

Nov 25, 2014, 12:26 AM

I had a spell several months ago when everybody wouldn't shut up about Spurrier - literally every first page thread was about him.

So I created a new one and bumped it like 50 times. TD's were issued.

Best to you and yours for Turkey Day.

Re: It's all good

Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 AM

yeah, people take this board way too seriously. Like, what happens when I reach 0%? I get kicked out? Haha.

Best holiday wishes to you as well.

YES YOU DO

Nov 25, 2014, 12:32 AM

Don't hit 0%. We all come and hunt you down.

;)

Re: YES YOU DO

Nov 25, 2014, 12:34 AM

Lol...I will try my hardest.

Re: It's all good

Nov 25, 2014, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Re: It's all good ]

You'll find out.
On Dec. 31st, you can cash in your pulse percentage points for cool Tigernet.com prizes.
Or something.

That site is horrible

Nov 25, 2014, 12:21 AM

It's the homer site.

Try their other sites for a few - more sober/realistic - other opinions.

I'll only visit FGF after they lose, because Schadenfreude is delicious.

I did too. They are crazy!

Nov 25, 2014, 12:23 AM

They had a thread about their stadium upgrades and one of those coots said that they are now
"Beating us in aesthetics." SERIOUSLY!?!? All of those warehouses and that crappy apartment
complex sure are nice. Man. Delusional.

Was listening to sports talk on the radio today

Nov 25, 2014, 12:27 AM

And a chicken fan called in saying that they have no doubt they will beat us. He was saying that we have a highschool schedule, there defense will destroy our offense, the only reason we have the #1 defense is because we have yet to play a team with a good offense, and their offense will be the best we've seen all season. He kept going on but I just couldn't stand it anymore I had to turn it off. I don't know if I can handle watching the game Saturday, I have no respect for their fans and another loss to them will be devastating.

He has a point on their O

Nov 25, 2014, 12:35 AM

They will be the best/most-balanced offense we've seen.

That still doesn't account for the fact that their OL is effing awful. They were touted as 'the best in the SEC' pre-season. They suck. Bad.

They have one guy who will probably be a 1st rounder, but even he isn't all that. He's just large.

Grady is going to murder somebody up the middle....

And as far as Mike Davis is concerned....if we shut him down for like his first half dozen touches...he'll clock out. He's their biggest run threat, but he's all about the highlights. If he has none early, his ### is done. Bank it.

Well the radio host actually stood up for clemson

Nov 25, 2014, 12:52 AM

And mentioned the same thing you said about their o line not being good. He said he doesnt think SC will hold up our front seven the whole game. Dylan Thompson is a decent QB but he does turn the ball over alot. Not saying he will against us just stating facts. When he played us in 2012, our DBs dropped 3 or 4 INT. Also, other than Shaw running for a million yards, we have shut down their run game the past couple of years. Hopefully we can do that again this year because if Dylan is forced to pass the ball all game then we have the upper hand. I just wish i was more confident in our offense

Co-sign Brother/Sister

Nov 25, 2014, 12:59 AM

I definitely remember how bad DT burned us two years ago.

One play specifically stands out. It was like 3rd and 18.

DBs did their job and no one to throw to. Scramble for 19 yards. Or something like that. First down for them, at any rate.

Was horrible.

I hope we hit him early and often. Good kid - and as Dabo says, 'high character'. I have a lot of respect for him off the field. I just hope we embarrass the h3ll out of him ON the field.

Re: Co-sign Brother/Sister

Nov 25, 2014, 7:12 AM

This may be one of the best USC Clemson game threads I've read in an long time. Serious discussion about the O-line not being all they were cracked up to be - serious statements about Clemson's great D - line and rightfully so - serious statements about the DT having good character even though people don't like his team

The only one way off and seemingly lacking insight would be the statement about Mike Davis being all they have - have you watched them - Does Brandon Wilds come to mind? Tough runner may be better than Mike Davis who is often in and out of games banged up for whatever reason.

Clemson stadium and tradition will never be overtaken by Williams Brice - however if any homers choose to take a look at what they have going on over there, you would be shocked. I don't know what the statement is about rundown apt buildings, ride by. $250K and up condos in multiple properties around the stadium in the middle of nowhere, Famers Market project was a nice way to clean up the place, and the new pavers and palmetto trees inside the stadium will make it look much better by the time Clemson fans make the trip next year. That is the only thing that eats me up about Tigernet. The season ticket holders who actually go to away games are rarely the ones making the shots about the roach and the concrete jungle, they have actually been and seen the improvements. You can trash Columbia and the school and the team, but they have added something to the concrete jungle and it actually looks like a better place

No way to add mountains and a lake in the middle of industrial park but they have cleaned it up a bit.

back to the game - Clemson 24- USC 17 Clemson defense too much for USC and USC has no defense Cole will look like a Heisman contender and people will forget about challenging Morris on his lack of running game due to 180 yd day by whichever back chooses to play hard for Clemson that day

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a point on their O

Nov 25, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to He has a point on their O ]

no - nowhere close to good as heels. not even in the same hemisphere

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I did it. I went to FGF to see what they are saying.

Nov 25, 2014, 12:44 AM

This is also worth mentioning:
They are talking all this crap leading up
to the game, but if they lose, it'll be, "we had a down year"

as well as...

the fact they are constantly talking about how bad Clemson sucks, but if we lose, it'll be a 'good win' for them.

good ole double standards.

They hand out participation medals

Nov 25, 2014, 12:47 AM

at that point.

Moral victories are great. Hoping we don't claim one Saturday afternoon.

when they lose it will be "5 of the last 6" one game doesn't mean anything.

Nov 25, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I did it. I went to FGF to see what they are saying. ]

then "5 of the last 7," "5 of the last 8"....

history will be relevant for awhile, until we win 5+ in a row they will forever bring up this brief, yet glorious stretch. It's not as if they have anything else to feel good about. Look at them. They are pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: when they lose it will be "5 of the last 6" one game doesn't mean anything.

Nov 25, 2014, 8:33 AM

I can't look at them!! They make me sick.

true, however, i will then remind them that they have told

Nov 25, 2014, 8:46 AM [ in reply to when they lose it will be "5 of the last 6" one game doesn't mean anything. ]

us the past five years that they don't care about the past, it's only the present that counts. next, i will ask them if we are only going to count the past, and we can just state the all-time record, and if they say only the present, we will have our win. yes, i know they will try to spin it like what you stated, and i will just tell them that now we know the reason that they stay on probation, they just make up there own rules.

They may be right. It is up to US to change that. I am....

Nov 25, 2014, 9:33 AM

sure Spurrier is relishing the chance to prove our D is not Number 1. Tigers better bring it Saturday.

Fellas..Fellas

Nov 25, 2014, 10:32 AM

The coots are saying the same thing they have said for 100 years...."we play nobody"(yet they lose to ACC teams and have a losing record vs Duke)) Blah Blah Blah...and yes..they are indeed delusional. We're talking about a fan base that has NEVER been used to success of ANY kind. How can we expect them to act as if they have "been there?" 5 years out of 100+ is ALL they have.

Don't worry, it ALL ENDS SATURDAY.
Tigers 34-13

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic