Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft

Jan 13, 2016, 1:35 PM

From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft

Clemson junior safety T.J. Green listened to the advice of former roommate Jayron Kearse, and that advice has earned Green a chance at the NFL. Green told TigerNet Wednesday afternoon that he has elected to forego his senior season and will declare for the 2016 NFL Draft. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have declared earlier in the day....

Jan 13, 2016, 1:37 PM

I'm running out of well-wishes...

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow...that sucks for us. Good for him though.

He will be missed. Jadar Johnson better stay healthy I think we need to sign another safety in this class.

Maybe even two.**

Jan 13, 2016, 1:42 PM

nm

Jadar is SS and will replace Kearse. Wiggins maybe at FS?***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Wow...that sucks for us. Good for him though. ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jadar is SS and will replace Kearse. Wiggins maybe at FS?***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:39 PM

Wiggins is the NLB they will probably moved Jadar to FS and move Van Smith to SS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think they'll move Jadar out of his natural position.***

Jan 13, 2016, 4:11 PM

Re: New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft

Wish him the best moving forward, but he had a lot to gain by coming back.

null

Hmmm well good luck!

Thought he needed another year but if he feels like he is ready then good for him. Wish him the best

I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:40 PM

He isn't ready.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant....

and he certainly proved me wrong. Hopefully Green will prove us wrong again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You were right. Bryant took two years to get going.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:44 PM

He could have been a first round pick instead of a fourth if he would have stayed another year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

My point is....

Jan 13, 2016, 1:45 PM

it worked out pretty darn well for him. In hindsight, he probably made the right call after all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My point is....

Jan 13, 2016, 2:24 PM

His choice sure as h&ll wasn't millions of dollars the better choice. Yes he did luck out, but it wasn't a wise choice by any means. His 6' 5" body gave him a break that a 6' 0" wouldn't have bc the NFL is full of those body types with experience all ready that the Steeler's could have gotten.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"luck out" ?!?!?!

Jan 13, 2016, 2:40 PM

I don't think "luck" had anything to do with it.

It was a wise choice. Leave or catch balls from Cole Stoudt?

Jan 13, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: My point is.... ]

Bryant was always going to be a combine killer, and that's where he would earn his money. It was absolutely the perfect choice for Bryant.

Re: You were right. Bryant took two years to get going.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to You were right. Bryant took two years to get going. ]

Bryant was the exception to the rule. That's not how it goes 90% of the time.

Two years? try two games dumba$$***

Jan 13, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to You were right. Bryant took two years to get going. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant would have been catching passes from Stoudt!

Jan 13, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to You were right. Bryant took two years to get going. ]

His draft grade would have suffered tremendously. He made the correct move and it paid off for him.

umm no he didn't-- and he's 1 year away now from a monster

Jan 13, 2016, 4:01 PM [ in reply to You were right. Bryant took two years to get going. ]

deal if he stays away from the pot. The guys need to get to the NFL as quickly as possible these days.

You were wrong let it go, he wouldn't have improved his...

Jan 13, 2016, 9:17 PM [ in reply to You were right. Bryant took two years to get going. ]

draft stock with Stoudt being the starting QB for the majority of last season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant had the ability but had not really push himself.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant.... ]

Green has not developed the skillset and size. Good luck but not ready.

I hope Kearse proves me wrong..

Jan 13, 2016, 1:47 PM [ in reply to I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant.... ]

He has been tired since week 8 playing Wofford and App State and NC State...

NFL is 16 games plus playoffs

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant....

Jan 13, 2016, 2:15 PM [ in reply to I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant.... ]

Martavis Bryant was a special player from the start, he just couldn't keep his nose to the grind with better players ahead of him bc they worked their A$SES off to make them selves better!!! And if Martavis Bryan hadn't been a 6' 5" receiver, he wouldn't have gotten the chances that he got!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Martavis was the most talented and physically gifted player

Jan 13, 2016, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I said the same thing about Martavis Bryant.... ]

On our team though. Everyone knew it and it's been that way since he was in highschool. His drive wasn't there a lot of times especially before his junior year. It wasn't that he wasn't ready for the NFL but the fact that he could have been the first receiver taken off the board if he came back and showed what he could do. I'm glad he went though so he didn't end up in some black hole of talent for a team like a lot of the best end up in. If anyone didn't thing he could play in the NFL they are blind. He is the perfect receiver all he was missing was the motor and he got that going his junior year.

Re: I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it. ]

I personally think that bc the season we had, it is going to cause some of our guys lose every chance they had of playing in the NFL. Every Junior on our team wasn't NFL ready. They better look at the stats of juniors making it in the NFL. Oh well, but it's going to be a very rude awakening for some thinking they are NFL ready. I hope that they will at least open their ears long enough to listen to what their coaches are saying to them....

Jan 13, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it. ]

He and Jayron both. Don't expect to see much of them in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a lot to do with us losing Monday . . .

Jan 13, 2016, 11:05 PM [ in reply to I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it. ]

dumb move.

Jan 16, 2016, 5:35 PM [ in reply to I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it. ]

Both need some work. Too many missed assignments, I agree

Re: I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it.***

Feb 3, 2016, 9:29 PM

Re: I wish him luck becuase he is going to need it.***

Feb 3, 2016, 9:33 PM

I can find TJ Green in any 2016 mock draft in the first 4 rounds? Really should have stay one more year and upped his draft stock. He was a guy we could always count on and good tackler. Wish him the best of luck, but one more year at CU would have been much better. Take note rising juniors!

wow***

Jan 13, 2016, 1:43 PM

Another year might have helped long-term, but best wishes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish TJ the best of luck, however...

Jan 13, 2016, 1:47 PM

I would look for him to be picked on the last day, possibly, even a Free Agent. As far as Kearse, if he is healthy, he will test really well. Thus, probably 3rd or 4th round. Way too many Busted coverages for both of these guys!

Jan 13, 2016, 1:47 PM

I wish him well like all tigers in the NFL, but I just don't understand it. There's no way he gets drafted before the 5th rd most likely. That doesn't even guarantee him to make a team after training camp. Then what? You are chasing free agent contracts until you retire. I just don't get all these low draft players that enter the draft. Who is in these guys ears telling them to take a risk like that? I'm not just taking about Clemson guys, its all over college football.

I'm sure it's tough when the rest of your guys declare

Jan 13, 2016, 1:51 PM

to not want to leave also. I'm sure there's more to it than that but these kids decide what they feel is best for them and they have to live with it. College football is a revolving door unfortunately. If we all had it our way, Sammy, Nuk, Martavis, Vic, and the rest would still be playing in Death Valley.

Re: I'm sure it's tough when the rest of your guys declare

Jan 13, 2016, 2:38 PM

Nuke and Sammy both were NFL ready when they left, and we all knew they were before they even announced. When those two did announce, we weren't talking about it was a mistake, we were talking about what number in the first round.

Re: I'm sure it's tough when the rest of your guys declare

Jan 13, 2016, 4:25 PM

You have a point. Yes those guys (especially Watkins) we knew from day 1 were going to leave early. But guys like TJ Green who aren't slam dunk 1st rounders also look at the other guys coming out in their position. Overall it doesn't sound like safeties are very deep in this year's draft which could help him out. Coming back another year doesn't guarantee any more production, especially if QB's don't throw to him. He'll still have to show out in the combine to impress the scouts.

Agents tell them about best case scenarios...and plus some.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft ]

They will make more money if a kids makes a mistake and goes lower or even doesn't get drafted. If so, then they will get paid when the kid signs a FA contract or even a practice squad. The agent will then repeat next year. The more kids who go pro the more $$$ he makes.

Re: Agents tell them about best case scenarios...and plus some.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:45 PM

I'm betting that no agent ever tells them, you may not ever play in the NLF bc juniors has the hardest time making it if you're not a round 2,3 pick. He won't say that your odds are pretty chitty if you don't make it in round 1,2,3 bc they make money on them every time they try out for a team. They will get a percentage of that!!!

Certainly lends credence to the Kearse tanking theory

Jan 13, 2016, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Agents tell them about best case scenarios...and plus some. ]

I know this will not be popular among some but his comments about Kearse's advice has struck a nerve. There was growing concern and rumblings about Kearse's effort and heart as the year wore on.I don't think TJ necessarily checked out effort wise as Kearse did but Kearse has not only given him bad advice but may have kept him from mentally being into the championship game like he needed to be. Take away just one of those three or four coverage busts and we would probably be national champs. I have reserved comment about Kearse up until now because I thought he could be injured. I hate that we missed a golden opportunity at a championship because our minds/heart may have been elsewhere. If Kearse was not injured there was no excuse for his effort level. Bottom line.

Element Sports. Sounds like they are in lots of ears.***

Jan 13, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft ]

Jan 13, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft ]

This is the new norm in college football....student athletes will be declaring for the draft as soon as they possibly can from this season into the future, until the rules change. It is just simple mathematics.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From 2-star to NFL Prospect: T.J. Green declares for NFL Draft ]

Hope he learns how to cover a TE in the NFL...

Good luck TJ !

Jan 13, 2016, 1:54 PM

I hope your pro days workout will increase your draft position. Another year at Clemson would probably have benefitted you long term with your professional career.

Jan 13, 2016, 1:55 PM

Good for him. However, he is one that might benefit from another season. Next man up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should NOT have signed with an agent and tested . . .

Jan 13, 2016, 2:10 PM

the waters himself. Are these guys sitting down with anyone with the Tiger Organization? I know Dabo has done that in the past. Hopefully, he and his family can revoke this contract within 24 hours. Wish him the best with all his future endeavors. What was his draft grade?

Declaring for the draft after the game he had would be like

Jan 13, 2016, 2:12 PM

a secretary of state running for President after getting an ambassador killed!

oh wait, nevermind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or like...

Jan 13, 2016, 2:19 PM

running top-secret national security from your AOL account...

I guess Green has a pretty good shot with so many dummies running around these days.

Re: Or like...

Jan 13, 2016, 2:49 PM

There are guys from 128 teams trying to get that same position!!!

Sorry, but Green is not ready for the NFL...

Jan 13, 2016, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Declaring for the draft after the game he had would be like ]

And actually, neither is Kearse (despite his natural athletic ability). Alexander and Lawson most definitely are ready.

Didn't mean to post that under the previous post. Sorry.***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:43 PM

My take, and where I see them going.

Jan 13, 2016, 3:32 PM

Lawson- 1st rd (top 12 pick)
Alexander- 1st rd (top 18 pick)
Kearse- late 1st rd, early 2nd rd
Dodd- late 2nd rd, early 3rd
Green- 5th rd

my 2 cents

I'm really worried about this one, but go get em TJ!!!***

Jan 13, 2016, 3:35 PM

Looked like a 2 star against Bama

Nov 21, 2014, 9:34 AM

Tell me a guy that gets burnt that many times deserves pt in the NFL bahahahhaha. 4th round I'm not hating on him but after that performance ### are you serious. I'd rather see 23 in that game maybe that's good. Our safeties in that game flat out sacked.

Re: Looked like a 2 star against Bama

Jan 13, 2016, 3:52 PM

Flat out sucked auto correct don't you make me be nice about it.

Re: Looked like a 2 star against Bama

Jan 13, 2016, 4:02 PM

Hope the best for all.

Guys, we'll be fine, this team is built to withstand attrition like this. Unfortunately this is the down side of having a national power!

I like it!! NEXT MAN UP!!!

Let's get more 5 stars like a FS

Jan 13, 2016, 4:06 PM

This is total bs that a guy thinks after 1 ok season as a starter he's ready guard guys b like Sammy Watkins, nuk Hopkins, Dez Bryant, Megatron, Beckham Jr, etc.........lol he got burnt all day by Mr invisible on Alabama offense......5 rounder if lucky after that. You idiots half are just not ready and will end up as a graduate assitant. MAC, Lawson, and Dodd deserve to go.....Kearse may get good views at combine......butt #### these guys they lost the game and think they are ready for the big leagues bahahahhaha. These guys are insane....if your not a senior and you don't go 1-3 round you might as well say your football days are kinda on the decline why take hard road why not be the superstar for a season get that grade with more tape 88 was the inquisition burning the hell out of #15 all day. NFL owner or coach I pass on this guy till late rounds

Re: Let's get more 5 stars like a FS

Jan 13, 2016, 4:08 PM

If I was an NFL coach I'd pass till latter rounds.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Let's get more 5 stars like a FS ]

you are a disgrace for a Clemson fan.. I hope you are a coot.. You know that some of the players read this right? they give three or 4 years to Clemson trying as hard as they could and to hear this from the fans?? all these comments for just chasing their dreams?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 8:03 PM

He buddy get real like I am. This guy couldn't guard a person in a wheel chair the other night and all of a sudden they are all ready for the NFL. It's a lie. They are not ready, just MacKenzie and Lawson are ready.

Anybody knows his draft grade?...

Jan 13, 2016, 4:06 PM

TIA....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 4:20 PM

I think he needed to stay 1 more year to become better rounded at his position. I hope he gets drafted by a decent team. Thanks for being a Tiger and good luck at the next level. GO TIGERS

TJ...when you get a chance, don't forget to come back and...

Jan 13, 2016, 6:07 PM

...finish earning that Clemson degree! Best of luck in the NFL...we'll miss ya!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "pay college players" movement...

Jan 13, 2016, 6:19 PM

Is it just me or does this happen more often these days than it used to? I wonder how much the "pay college players" movement plays into this. I think that some players hear that argument and get it in their head that they should be making money. Then, as soon as the choice is there, they can't bring themselves to stay in school and "get screwed by the system" any more. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a bigger, everyday issue for the players than it is for the fans. For us, it's more of an occasional headline.

Greedy Agents

Jan 13, 2016, 7:21 PM

Tell a kid what he wants to hear and you get this. It's disgusting.

Ball out Green! We're cheering for you.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic