Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

BKB Update: GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team

Mar 12, 2014, 10:57 PM

GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gregory gets it

Mar 12, 2014, 11:00 PM

I also think he is a pretty dang good coach himself. I look for GT to be on the rise in the coming years.

He got to know Brownell...

Mar 12, 2014, 11:05 PM

Pretty well since they were in city of Dayton for number of years. Gregory at U of Dayton and Brownell at Wright State. A lot of respect there...

I agree.

Mar 12, 2014, 11:25 PM

I can't find a reason not to l ike this feller. He's a smooth guy in a time when so many coaches are irrational and believe that tirades boost their alleged passion for coaching and skewl allegiance. This guy gets it. As does Brad. Class speaks volumes. Tirades get ratings. Consider me a phan of klass and an enemy of the Boeheim-like, self entitled, egotistical coaches.

Re: BKB Update: GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team

Mar 12, 2014, 11:43 PM

I think GT AD and Wakes may be on the committee.

What he said is nice but it is butter them up coach speak designed to inflate us and take the edge we have too.

Oh its crafty and well played but that is what it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

Mar 12, 2014, 11:46 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Mar 13, 2014, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team ]

Ahhh, and you don't think that it maybe a lot of truth in his statement. Most coaches and teams out there love that run up and down court pile up a lot of points type games. And they know that when they play the Brownell type team, they will have to beat him at his game, and that is tough for them all. For me personally, I like Brownells style better b/c opponents have to work hard for every point they score off of us. If we/Clemson can keep coach Brownell, that 50 something years win streak that UNCheat has in chapel hole will end very soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course it is coach speak but what do you expect him to

Mar 13, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team ]

say?

We've beat them what 9 in a row now? He can't exactly say anything other than "They're a good team and better than us."

I actually wonder if any coach has actually said a negative thing about another team at a pre-game press conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach from Mighty Ducks***

Mar 13, 2014, 12:17 AM

I think what he said was accurate

Mar 13, 2014, 6:07 AM

We do defend well , and fight for rebounds. We do have one of the premiere players in the league and Hall and Nnoko are much improved players over the last 10 games or so. He is only stating the facts ashe observes them.
We are a good team , not a great team but that isn't how he describes us. We should expect that if we control tempo and rebound/free throw well that we will again beat GT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 13, 2014, 8:10 AM

Respect----Earned! With time others will admit what they already know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would expect

Mar 13, 2014, 12:20 PM

him to say that his team is much better than Clemson and he is sure that GT will take Clemson to the cleaners! Isn't that how it works? I bet he has already had a meeting with his team this morning and told them they have no chance in this game. I sure hope the Tigers take mercy on our poor opponent tonight.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic