Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not Tajh-related. I have never seen such an overreaction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Not Tajh-related. I have never seen such an overreaction

Jan 9, 2013, 1:15 PM

to a single play like what I've seen from ESPN and basically every other sports media outlet regarding Clowney's hit in the Outback Bowl, especially after Taylor Lewan made him a non-factor most of the day. Was some other outcome expected when Michigan didn't even bother trying to block a 260-pound defender from their running back? It was a very good defensive play. I've seen better. That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Context and result are what made the play stand out.

Jan 9, 2013, 1:16 PM

Not necessarily the skill involved in making it.

herpa derpa coot fail

Jan 9, 2013, 1:17 PM

amidoingitright?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well played!***

Jan 9, 2013, 1:19 PM

Thanks, my post went through numerous revisions before I

Jan 9, 2013, 1:21 PM

was happy enough with the final product to hit "Post Message"

Good to know it has been received well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I agree

Jan 9, 2013, 1:19 PM

He was unblocked, and the back never even had possession so the fact that he fumbled is not surprising or impressive. Most people could have hit him hard without getting blocked.

If the player had his chin strap buckled properly

Jan 9, 2013, 1:20 PM

The play would not have gotten nearly as much hype.

Re: If the player had his chin strap buckled properly

Jan 9, 2013, 1:42 PM

that too

Re: I agree

Jan 9, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

What did you say? Whose the girl in the video?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alison Brie***

Jan 9, 2013, 1:42 PM

You do realize that Clemson helped make Clowney the ESPN

Jan 9, 2013, 1:21 PM

poster child for next season, right? He was having a very nice season with 7.5 sacks...then he has 4.5 sacks against us on National TV and he is suddenly the front-runner for the Heisman Trophy.

He did come in unblocked...but he did go through that guy like he was a light tackling dummy...and then he grabbed the football like it was a loaf of bread. All this after they got screwed on the 4th down... So the context of the play added a lot.

But mostly ESPN was lusting for something else about him to hype...and there it is on a silver platter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He got credit for 2 DL line sacks though he shouldnt have***

Jan 9, 2013, 1:47 PM

It was an awesome play and it was right on the heels of

Jan 9, 2013, 1:27 PM

one of the most baffling officiating calls in the history of football. It's understandable that it has received a ton of publicity.

That sequence was one of the few times in my life that I've been able to put aside the rivalry for a few seconds and just enjoy football.

Re: Not Tajh-related. I have never seen such an overreaction

Jan 9, 2013, 1:48 PM

ask Matt Ryan which hit was bigger jc vs michigan or david dunham vs matt ryan

Jan 9, 2013, 1:53 PM

There should be video of another hit on a RB like that where the helmet goes flying off down the field, because as you suggest, nothing special about it. Please post video or video link.

Thank you

Jan 9, 2013, 2:25 PM

Lewan held him most of the game ? Not without help he didn't. It takes 2 or maybe 3 players to take him out of a play. Lewan did not do it alone. Lewan also told Clowney he was and I quote "the best DL I have ever faced". Clowney returned the compliment. He may be a coot and that may be a large sin to most on here but the guy is a monster and a heck of a player.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic