Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools

Feb 1, 2016, 3:35 PM

Rashan Gary down to two schools

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After the crap Harbaugh has pulled and the truly

Feb 1, 2016, 3:38 PM

exemplary job Dabo has done, I really cannot see how it's a decision.

Then again, I'm biased by how great Clemson is and what my degree has done for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: After the crap Harbaugh has pulled and the truly

Feb 1, 2016, 3:44 PM
Family.jpg(176.4 K)

Family awaits.

Feb 1, 2016, 3:46 PM

Hope I am wrong but I feel that if he hasn't made a decision yet the better that is for Michigan. Just my 2 cents

Feb 1, 2016, 3:51 PM

I disagree going into this everyone was saying Michigan lock and he's been there 6 times..advantage bad guys

Comes here for an OV and is blown away and now is having trouble making a decision IMO advantage good guys.

Even national recruiting analyst don't really know. We did our best to overcome a large gap Michigan had and that's all we could've hoped for.

Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House"

Feb 1, 2016, 3:55 PM [ in reply to After the crap Harbaugh has pulled and the truly ]

would be a thrill, I'm sure. Long, storied tradition. Huge school with huge following. Big time media darling. National presence. While it's not y cup of tea, I can see why a lot of kids would be attracted to it. Clemson, while very different, also has a lot to offer, and when you compare head-to-head, it may understandably come down to personal preference. There is one area though, where Clemson is clearly and objectively BETTER, and that's the head coach. Dabo is far and away a better man, and a better coach to play football for. Nobody will be a better leader, mentor, and role model for a young man than Dabo Swinney, and sure as #### not Harbaugh. If they get that, then they will play for Clemson. If not, that's okay and I'll wish him well. That said, I like our chances.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House"

Feb 1, 2016, 4:04 PM

Agree with everything you said except the coach. While we can all agree Dabo is a better man and developer of young men, Harbaugh will play the NFL coach card. The difference I believe for Gary is that family is close by.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The NFL coach card"...? How did that work for him?***

Feb 1, 2016, 5:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House" ]

He got fired though or was failed....if anyone could play both those cards it's Saban and he was left out! So......invalid.

Michigan is a GREAT school...

Feb 1, 2016, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House" ]

Kid can't go wrong w/ this pick he has to make, not that that makes it easier.

He'll do well and be coached well either place.

For me, and I've lived in the midwest and Carolinas obviously..there is no decision here, but to each their own.

Kid has choices, that's all one can ask for in life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Michigan is a GREAT school...BUT

Feb 1, 2016, 4:33 PM

if you want to win and be on a great team, Michigan is NOT the answer. Clemson is the much better choice for winning games and championships, if this is important to him then Tigers are the choice. If its about only getting to next level, then both are excellent choices. Ohio State and Michigan State are, and will continue to be, better than Michigan. He seems to be a great student and athlete, wish him the best either way!

Go Tigers!!

Re: Michigan is a GREAT school...BUT

Feb 1, 2016, 4:38 PM

That is simply not true. Ohio State will remain where they are because they have a win at all costs attitude which I admire. Michigan State however is a cute story and they have had a very nice run. I was at the only game Michigan has won in this run (2012). However, Michigan has and will always run that state and anyone with a brain knows it. Just like Clemson vs South Carolina. They had their brief run but it can't last over time. Michigan is arguably the most recognizable and powerful brand in college football (although probably behind Texas).

Cog in a traditional 'machine' or part of the 'family'...?

Feb 1, 2016, 5:13 PM

It's not my choice, but I know what I would choose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House" ]

Having moved from the Ann Arbor area to the Clemson area, these are my 2 favorite schools, so if he picks either I will be happy. Michigan is a great school, and has great traditions. But I'll tell ya, the football experience doesn't compare to Clemson. I went to Clemson/Florida State this year, and it was so loud and fun and rowdy - one of the best college games I've ever been to. And then I went to Michigan/Ohio State this year as well - and remember, that game was a 4 point game at halftime. Blew me away that when the Suckeyes would get the ball, the fans all sat down to quietly watch. Umm, what?? My wife and I were going hoarse trying to bring some noise, and we finally gave up. I asked the pair that brought us why everyone sat down, and she said "quietest 110,000 fans in the nation" Yikes. Oh, and the woman who invites us (as well as my wife) went Michigan for undergrad, and Clemson for grad school. So while I've only been to a few Michigan games (hard to get tix if not an alum), they have both been to many games for each team. The Clemson game experience is amazing.

Feb 1, 2016, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House" ]

Clemson's a media darling and has national presence after this season, too! Of course, I felt they already had it, with last year's #4 recruiting class, 10+win seasons one after another!

One area, are you kidding? There is no comparison with the

Feb 1, 2016, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Michigan has a lot to offer. Playing in "The Big House" ]

game atmosphere at Michigan and Clemson. Clemson is head and shoulder the better. Fans are louder and more into the game in supporting the team. Also family being close would be nice. Hope we see the young man don the paw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One area, are you kidding? There is no comparison with the

Feb 1, 2016, 11:57 PM

He'll definitely save his mom a lots of money for the next few years. With family in the area. Hotels and meals cost can add up over several of years. Do the math.

Re: One area, are you kidding? There is no comparison with the

Feb 2, 2016, 12:54 AM

Lol all she needs is a credit card and pay the min. Until he goes #1 overall. Doubt they care about traveling in this recruiting process

I hate to be Jaded but going back to Nkemdiche

Feb 1, 2016, 4:37 PM [ in reply to After the crap Harbaugh has pulled and the truly ]

Robert told the world he was coming to Clemson to
win National Championships. Then his Mom jumps in
and he is off to Ole miss. Dabo told him that we
are going to play for championship like he does every player and we played
for it this year with out Robert. The foundation is laid and the road is paved
for the future of this program. Dabo has to drive the bus from the start to the finish
this year and we should end up in Tampa. I hope Gary's mom is not saying this to let Michigan know that they need to sweeten the offer or he is going to Clemson. I will not be convinced that there were no
back room deals or untraceable debit cards passed around for Beverly Nkemdiche son's service. I would love to land Gary and if we do it will be the right way because that is the only way Dabo knows. Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC! SEC! SEC!***

Feb 1, 2016, 3:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon to Clemson

Feb 1, 2016, 3:46 PM

****^^^^^^****(()

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I must admit, that would have done it for me... Yep.***

Feb 1, 2016, 5:16 PM

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools

Feb 1, 2016, 3:48 PM

Might be wrong but sounds like mom is all in! Hope the young man makes the right decision. All the best to him no matter which way he goes!

Go Tigers!

Feb 1, 2016, 3:51 PM

Yep, she really like her cake. Seriously, I can't believe it's an issue either. Three coach of the years of the year---head coach and two defensive coaches---school that was in the final game of the year, warm weather, Christian coach, family nearby, tremendously-talented and young defensive that will be great for years to come, proven record of sending defensive players to the NFL, etc. WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE?

Feb 1, 2016, 3:57 PM

His friends are at Michigan and he is nervous to move on.

Feb 1, 2016, 5:06 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head. jmo
Just be careful when you let friends influence you.

Go TIGERS

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 2, 2016, 12:10 AM

Mike Vick can testify to that. He still trying and haven't fully recovered from his friend turning their back on him when they had problems or a major disagreement. You don't really no who your true friends are until you had major conflicts or it your lose or theirs. Will they truly go to bat for you during these time? or will they leave you on an island when the fun all goes wrong? BLOOD is always thicker than water. Family will see you through the ups and downs or any ruff times. A shoulder to lean on if ever need be.

Feb 1, 2016, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools ]

He seems to be a leader not a follower. I doubt it's his friends. You don't get to be that good following your friends around.

True, but some of those "friends" got late scholarships

Feb 2, 2016, 8:54 AM

to Michigan...

Wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to threaten to remove those scholarships and pressure Gary.

Feb 1, 2016, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools ]

This 100 percent! He wants to go to Clemson but he is afraid to hurt his friends. In the end he will know real friends will always be there for you and new friends are always a good thing. In the end it's Orange hat for Gary.

Feb 1, 2016, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools ]

Those are the reasons exactly why it is an issue. Before this weekend it was a slam dunk in Gary's mind he was going to Michigan. Longer it goes the better our chances.

Feb 1, 2016, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Rashan Gary down to two schools ]

Because Michigan is Michigan.

^^^ last generation's wishful thinking ^^^***

Feb 1, 2016, 5:20 PM

Feb 1, 2016, 3:55 PM

Listen to mama Mr Gary! Come and be a man that needs no introduction!

Go TIGERS!!!!

Feb 1, 2016, 4:02 PM

I hope this young man picks Clemson! He would be a wonderful addition to our program. Whatever he decides, I wish him the best and all the success as a football player and as a man.

Agreed 100%***

Feb 1, 2016, 4:26 PM

Come on to Clemson....

Feb 1, 2016, 4:15 PM

Better weather.

Great education and the resources you'll need to graduate.

Great environment and location ( and only 20 mins from your brother and other family).

You'll be competing for an ACC Championship and a National Championship from day one.

Dabo and Coach V

and most of all CLEMSON is a special place.

GO TIGERS!

Feb 1, 2016, 4:15 PM

So nice to see and hear how involved his mom is in the process for the right reasons. So many stories of parents being involved for the wrong ones. It just feels right that he ends up at Clemson. Two more days and we shall know.

Can Dabo visit him at home?***

Feb 1, 2016, 4:29 PM

Re: Can Dabo visit him at home?***

Feb 1, 2016, 4:36 PM

No

null

He doesn’t know yet, and it scares me!!!!

Feb 1, 2016, 4:42 PM

I agree with Momma. It scares me too.

Sounds like it is between Family & Friends.
Because I believe the Family likes Clemson & the Clemson Family.

Come on to Clemson and grow both new Family & new Friends!!!!

Best O Luck

pretty please come to Clemson

Feb 1, 2016, 4:43 PM

da mange

Feb 1, 2016, 5:08 PM

Rashan come let the Clemson Coaches prepare you for the NFL and the University and the Clemson Family prepare you for success in life.

UM trying to be elite, Clemson already is. Come here.

Feb 1, 2016, 5:18 PM

nm

With the issues with Harbaugh at Michigan you'd think it...

Feb 1, 2016, 6:46 PM

...would clearly tip the scale to Clemson. How can you go wrong with Clemson at this point?...plus you've got a lot better weather and a relative right down the road.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 7:14 PM

I am impressed by the very professional way she and he have both handled the process. Can you say CLASSY ? That is a perfect fit for Clemson

Feb 1, 2016, 8:31 PM

Mr. Gary,
We at Tiger Nation know how big a decision this is for a young man with your talent and intellect. As someone who has been associated with football all his life, it is not what is always evident that matters most. Both Michigan and Clemson have amazing academic and athletic programs. What will matter most are the inidividuals that will give you their all to ensure you become the finest young man you are capable of becoming. I can say without a doubt that Coach Swinney, Coach Venebles and Coach Dan Brooks are those type of men. No matter your decision, Tiger Nation will support you and your mother. #All in#Tiger Nation#Family First

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Gary,
We at Tiger Nation know how big a decision this is for a young man with your talent and intellect. As someone who has been associated with football all his life, it is not what is always evident that matters most. Both Michigan and Clemson have amazing academic and athletic programs. What will matter most are the inidividuals that will give you their all to ensure you become the finest young man you are capable of becoming. I can say without a doubt that Coach Swinney, Coach Venebles and Coach Dan Brooks are those type of men. No matter your decision, Tiger Nation will support you and your mother. #All in#Tiger Nation#Family First

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Gary,

You can say that again!***

Feb 1, 2016, 9:41 PM

Dear Gary,

Feb 1, 2016, 10:08 PM

There are so many places that you might what to go to, but Clemson is the place you never want to leave. Wherever you decide, best wishes to you and your family. This process must be extremely stressful and you all have handled it with steadfast determination to make an informed and correct decision. Go Tigers!

Feb 2, 2016, 2:42 AM

Rashan, looking forward to seeing you in Orange and running down the hill. We know you have a tough decision to make, but you have a chance to be Coached by the Best Staff in College Football ! GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic