Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a thought on Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Just a thought on Feaster

Sep 23, 2019, 8:54 PM

I'm not on here all the time so this may have already been discussed. Could Feaster take a redshirt after 4 games and go into the transfer portal again? This is his fourth year so he still has one more to complete his eligibility. I think this is something he should consider. Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely

Sep 23, 2019, 8:57 PM

I would actually be surprised if he didn't enter the transfer portal this week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely

Sep 23, 2019, 9:00 PM

Feaster will be fine. He will finish his football career at USC. He will not be drafted and have to compete for a slot in the Pros as a walk on player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely

Sep 23, 2019, 9:14 PM

I really don't know the correct answer about his remaining eligibility status, nor how he will be viewed by potential pro team scouts. I had rather he recognize his stupidity in transferring away from Clemson and go somewhere else, besides a sinking ship like usuc, but I doubt he will. I expect he will get every opportunity to audition for some pro teams due to his size and speed. That said, he hasn't got a clean resume concerning health and proneness to injury. One thing is certain, though, so far, we haven't missed him very much. We have a stable of great RB's and more are on the way. His loss = our gain, IMO.

Re: Just a thought on Feaster

Sep 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

I would understand if he did...but I think it would be a bad look in terms of NFL teams checking out his character.

Changing schools, then bailing when things don't go his way may look like he doesn't handle adversity well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 9:02 PM

Great question!

You know they would have to have put some type of language in it preventing multiple "4 game stops" before you were ineligible. Or have they to your point.

But, my thoughts on him transferring are that he shouldn't. He isn't getting younger and what will make him money immediately in the NFL is his speed and athleticism on Special Teams! All the heart-ache coach Elliott gave him about pass pro might be the very thing that lands him a job in the NFL. Think about the backs who didn't have someone stress that to them having to learn in the NFL. While Feaster will step in day one having had it drilled into his head! Those QB's aren't cheap and you don't want some half-butt effort RB doing pass pro for them!

He should stay keep himself in the best shape of his life. Show out and shine at the combine now!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just so saaaad

Sep 23, 2019, 9:12 PM

He coulda been a contendah!!

Joking aside - as a Tiger, don't you think it reasonable he at least gets invited to the combine as a 2 time national champ and a cog in the Tiger machine.

As a coot -- senior bowl maybe? Do you think they invite him to the combine at all?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: It's just so saaaad

Sep 23, 2019, 9:25 PM

His speed and size alone will get him an invite, but IMO, there will be question marks about his health and toughness. The one thing I am happy about is we have a stable full of great backs. I do not see us missing him, and I hate to say that, because he has speed talent that could have made a difference. I think the heart was what may have been missing.

He could - maybe

Sep 23, 2019, 9:31 PM

He has already used his “free” grad transfer so he would have to sit out a year. He hasn’t used his RS so there is that. He would need to sit a year. The NCAA has been granting waivers to allow guys who transferred last year using the new 4-game RS rule allowing them to play from the start of the year.

So Feaster could transfer and play a year but you have to wonder if it will matter. If he couldn’t start at 2 schools then what is the likelihood he starts at another unless it is a lower level program? His best bet is probably just to stick it out and see where things go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 9:31 PM

I believe a grad transfer has 1 year to play 1. I don’t think Feaster can transfer again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 10:18 PM

I Wish him no Ill will, but at the same time, he made his bed when he transferred to the one place we as fans would never forgive. Actions have consequences.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should’ve transferred to Texas

Sep 24, 2019, 1:08 AM

They’re practically pulling kids out of the student body to play RB this year. But I guess he wanted to stay close to home and get a shot at Clemson lol. Some bad, BAD advice... If it was truly a business decision then Texas or Oklahoma would’ve probably been his best two options.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic