Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins #1 on WR Draft Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins #1 on WR Draft Board

Mar 5, 2013, 3:36 PM

Nuk Hopkins #1 on WR Draft Board

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins #1 on WR Draft Board

Mar 5, 2013, 3:39 PM

I think he has to be. He is just too overall good. One guy may be faster, another taller or whatever but he just brings a strong game to ever aspect of being a WR.

No doubt. It's no question who the most complete WR is

Mar 5, 2013, 3:43 PM

I hope he goes first round because he deserves that kind of money. But if he goes second someone is going to get a steal.

I think that he and his agent know something, he got a new

Mar 6, 2013, 7:03 AM

car and it screams first round! way to go NUK!!

Mar 5, 2013, 3:47 PM

Well deserved! I'd take Nuke over anyone. He just has the it factor that you can't teach and rarely find.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can knock his speed but he does not lack

Mar 5, 2013, 4:08 PM

"athleticism"--that's just moronic. Agree with him being the best WR though...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was fast enough at CU to beat NFL caliber DBs deep

Mar 5, 2013, 4:16 PM

with regularity, so I think his perceived lack of speed is overblown.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What was his YAC?***

Mar 5, 2013, 8:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

he has the game speed and anyone who has watched fim knows

Mar 6, 2013, 7:04 AM [ in reply to He was fast enough at CU to beat NFL caliber DBs deep ]

that

Re: You can knock his speed but he does not lack

Mar 5, 2013, 4:18 PM [ in reply to You can knock his speed but he does not lack ]

As usual, the NFL does not seem to differentiate between speed and quickness. NUK has quickness and better than average speed. He is a possession receiver. Barring injury, he will be in the NFL for a long time. An additional thought, he is a QUALITY PERSON!! KICK BUTT, NUK!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2013, 4:12 PM

Nuk and Swope are the two WRs this draft I think are the best. Both have great hands and body control, and both are selfless team players who just get it done.

Pure speed doesn't matter, its use of it, Sammy does it well***

Mar 5, 2013, 4:22 PM

Re: Pure speed doesn't matter, its use of it, Sammy does it well***

Mar 6, 2013, 8:10 AM

HaHaHa. Now that's funny.

But Dabo counseled Nuk to stay and improve his draft rank.***

Mar 5, 2013, 4:40 PM

Perhaps you should wait to see where he is actually taken in

Mar 5, 2013, 4:43 PM

the draft before attempting to mock Dabo's advise. Remember where Bowers was projected vs where he ended up?

If you saw the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, raise your hand

Mar 5, 2013, 5:34 PM

Your honor, I rest my case.

Re: If you saw the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, raise your hand

Mar 5, 2013, 7:16 PM

If you want to base NFL draft stock on the Chick-Fil-A Bowl then M. Goodman is going in the 1st round too.

IMHO, Nuk had nothing else to prove by coming back, but I will hold judgment on Dabo's reported advice until we see what the NFL teams actually do on draft day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are dead on. That was my point exactly. To criticize

Mar 6, 2013, 2:05 PM

Dabo's advice at this time is silly. We don't really know where Nuk will go in the draft. Those NFL GMs and coaches some times make some crazy draft choices.

Bowers' draft stock suffered from degenerative knee problem

Mar 6, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Perhaps you should wait to see where he is actually taken in ]

NFL teams were afraid to invest in Bowers (with a high draft pick and a big, multi-year contract) because his degenerative knee ailment means that Bowers has an unusually small number of years to play. One more year of knee degeneration at Clemson would have hurt his draft stock even more.

Man, you are just bitter.***

Mar 5, 2013, 5:27 PM [ in reply to But Dabo counseled Nuk to stay and improve his draft rank.*** ]

He can't admit he was wrong.***

Mar 5, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Dabo is succeeding at a level you said he never would..

Mar 5, 2013, 6:16 PM [ in reply to But Dabo counseled Nuk to stay and improve his draft rank.*** ]

You were WRONG. You don't don't know jack squat about the game of football. You should shut the hell up with your bitter nonsense and learn to take pleasure in what we're obviously building.

I never said any such thing, you liar. Prove it.

Mar 6, 2013, 1:22 PM

I was opposed to promoting Dabo because I don't think Clemson should be a place for on-the-job training of an HC. At the time (and ever since) I've said that I think Dabo could learn to be a good head coach someday. Right now I'd give him a "B" or maybe a "B+". But he made a LOT of stupid, newbie mistakes in his early years. E.g. He hired Napier. He let Ellington & Jamie Harper decide how to split their carries. He favored more senior guys like Xavier Dye over spectacular freshmen, like Hopkins. Etc., etc., etc. He apparently learned from those mistakes. E.g. They started Watkins as a freshman from game 1.

I opposed promoting Dabo to do on-the-job training and pointed out his many newbie msitakes in previous years. But since Dabo has become a better coach through his on-the-job training, I've given almost no critique in the last year, right? One exception is the bad counsel that he gave Hopkins. But instead of addressing my point, you change the subject and concoct nonsense that I never said. Lame.

My goodness.,,,

Mar 6, 2013, 7:11 PM

I feel bad for you. Well, not really, but you should feel bad for yourself.

If it were up to clueless ##### like you, we would have fired Dabo after losing to USF. If you deny that, then YOU are the liar.

Your excuses are lame, your rationale is lame, your knowledge of the game is lame, your attempts at revisionist history are lame, and, well, you are lame. You have NO CLUE what you're babbling about.

I have NEVER called for Dabo to be fired.

Mar 7, 2013, 1:47 PM

I was opposed to Dabo being promoted to HC but I have never called for him to be fired. Why do you make up such lies? How pathetic.

You're pathetic. And a liar. No other way to put it.

Mar 7, 2013, 1:51 PM

"To paraphrase The Godfather: Leave The Chad. Take the Daboli".

That was YOU who said that.

While I never tried to quote you "calling for his head", your post history is chock full of idiotic comments just like the one above.

Again, YOU WERE WRONG. Try to be less of a liar and more of a man about it, please.

Way to take it that joke completely out of context.

Mar 7, 2013, 1:56 PM

My joking comment, "To paraphrase The Godfather: Leave The Chad. Take the Daboli".

My point was that if some other school were going to steal Chad away from us to make him a head coach, I'd rather have them steal Dabo away so that Chad could be promoted to head coach.

I NEVER called for Dabo to be fire. NEVER. You liar.

LMAO. Joke, yeah that's the ticket.......

YOU ARE PATHETIC!

So that wasn't the context and meaning of my post?

Mar 7, 2013, 1:58 PM

It's funny how you run away from any valid point.

You're not making any sense whatsoever......

Mar 7, 2013, 2:05 PM

"Let's get rid of Dabo and keep Chad" is merely one of dozens of your posts essentially saying Dabo was a mistake and whatnot.

In spite of YOUR words showing otherwise, are you saying you didn't want to fire Dabo after USF or WVU or any other loss for that matter?

You're full of crap man. Simple as that. Fans like you are an embarrassment. Blue Caddy was a better fan than you. At least he was somewhat coherent.

I NEVER called for Dabo to be fired.

Mar 8, 2013, 4:24 PM

I didn't say "Let's get rid of Dabo and keep Chad." Th article was about Chad being interviewed for HC positions elsewhere. My comment was that if another team is going take Chad away from us, I'd rather them take Dabo so that we could promote Chad to HC. I am far from alone in that sentiment.

Notice that I used the word "take" the Daboli, not "fire" the Daboli or "get rid of" the Daboli. Your English comprehension stinks.

It's amazing how you just concoct stuff that I never said and then call me full of crap for denying that I said it. What in interesting world you live in. I challenge you to find one of my posts where I ever called for Dabo to be fired. Ha! Put up or shut up.

Look, you pathetic dork........

Mar 8, 2013, 5:29 PM

I honestly don't know if you exactly said "fire Dabo" or not, nor do I care. But the obvious fact of the matter is you most definitely have made dozens and dozens of comments over the years which mean essentially the same thing, including your retarded "Daboli" comment.

Again, you're full of crap. Always have been. And wrong even more so.

So after calling me a liar, now you're saying you don't know

Mar 9, 2013, 4:12 AM

So that means YOU'RE the liar for claiming that I said stuff that I didn't say. Ironic. Apology accepted.

I've posted critiques of Dabo and I've posted praise of Dabo. I just call 'em like I see 'em. Most civilized adults are tolerant of other people's opinions-- even if they disagree. And they're capable of expressing disagreement in an civilized, intelligent manner. Not you.

What are you not getting here, liar?

Mar 9, 2013, 12:49 PM

You've most definitely made dozens of posts blasting Dabo and stating in so many words that he was the wrong choice and should not be here. You were dead wrong but clearly lack the character to admit it. Now whether or not you exactly said "fire Dabo" or not I don't know, but that's not the point and it matters none. Wiggling around it like a buffoon doesn't change this simple fact.

Calling it like you see it doesn't make the dumb stuff you've posted "valid critiques". Not one bit. In fact, you've been wrong about most everything you've ever posted here.

And your attempt at pulse analysis failed miserably. Moronic suggestion actually. Good job owning up to it. LOL.

And too, we've already established you're a hypocrite in addition to being a liar. That, just like your firing insinuations, it's plain to see in black and white.

^^wishes for Clemson to lose to prove he's right about Dabo***

Mar 5, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to But Dabo counseled Nuk to stay and improve his draft rank.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then how do you explain this post?...

Mar 6, 2013, 1:16 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13659186#13659186

Classic T-Net Dabo-worshipper. When I post something positive you don't comment. When I post a valid critique, rather than making an intelligent counterpoint, you concoct nonsense about what I want. How childish!

So you think Dabo gave Hopkins good counsel to stay another year? That's funny.

Riiight......

Mar 6, 2013, 7:16 PM

As if that was your tone for Dabo's first 3 years. LOL. You're full of crap man. No denying it. Only in your mind have you posted "valid critiques", of anything. You've been proven wrong over, and over, and over again.

Only in my mind? Then why is my Tiger Pulse 55%, genius?

Mar 7, 2013, 1:52 PM

Apparently more than half the people on T-Net agree with my critiques. If you don't think they're valid then provide a logical counterpoint rather than concocting nonsense that I never said and then attacking me. Grow up.

You think a Dabo gave Nuk good advice in telling him to stay another year? That's funny.

What an idiotic attempt to justify your repeated failures

Based on a well below average pulse, saying, "half the people on T-Net agree with my critiques" is simply moronic at best. I know you're not smart, but I hope you're not that dumb. I'm honestly laughing right now.

How do you explain the 55% if I'm all alone in my views?***

Mar 7, 2013, 1:57 PM

This is hilarious....

Mar 7, 2013, 1:59 PM

I guess you really are that dumb?

You remind of that moron Blue Caddy, except he was smarter than you.

^dumb enough to argue with razz***

Mar 8, 2013, 4:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You couldn't answer the question so you name-call? How lame!

Mar 8, 2013, 4:31 PM [ in reply to This is hilarious.... ]

It's really a simple question. If I'm all alone in my opinions as you claimed above, then why is my Tiger Pulse 55%? It's obvious that more than half the readers like what I have to say. If you have some other explanation let's hear it. When you provide no logical response and instead resort to juvenile name-calling, it tells me that I proved you wrong and you have no logical, civilized, adult response.

You're not smart. Not one bit.........

Mar 8, 2013, 5:36 PM

Having a 55% pulse does NOT mean that 55% of the folks here agree with your retarded "critiques". Not even close. Just like me having a 90%+ pulse doesn't mean 90%+ of the people here agree with what I say.

If you can't figure that out, then you should immediately turn in your diploma. In fact, even if you are somehow capable of mustering the brain cells to figure this out, you still should turn in your diploma. Because ignorant "fans" like you are a complete embarrassment to Clemson.

And speaking of not answering questions, dork, why didn't you answer mine? That is, did you or did you not want to fire Dabo Swinney after USF, WVU, and most likely after every single loss he's ever had? Try not to lie, as you are obviously prone to do.

And too, you've name-called as well, hypocrite.

You're a joke. No doubt about it. Blue Caddy looks like a reasonable Mensa member compared to you.

I'm not claiming to be smart. Stick to the point.

Mar 9, 2013, 4:40 AM

It's true that a Tiger Pulse of 55% doesn't mean that exactly 55% of readers agree with me, but it certainly indicates that I'm not all alone as you said. Above, you wrote:

Only in your mind have you posted "valid critiques", of anything.

And yet in this thread alone, you'll see that some of the other posters like Mack Daddy & ObiWan agreed with my critique. So that alone proves you wrong about it being "only in my mind".

Now, whether or not my critique is valid is a matter of opinion, not fact. Most civilized adults can express opinions, read other people's opinions, and have civilized point-counterpoint discussions without name-calling and vulgarity. Not you.

How can you say that I didn't answer your question? I answered it several times above. I NEVER called for Dabo to be fired. What's not clear about that? Are you hung up on the word "want"? OK. I NEVER wanted Dabo to be fired. I hope that's clear enough.

Well that's a good thing because that would be another lie

Mar 9, 2013, 12:56 PM

just like the lies you've already been busted in.

Again, just because someone may have agreed with something you said doesn't make it a "valid critique". I'm specifically speaking about things like your moronic "Daboli" nonsense and other firing assertions, where you were wrong in every single lame attempt.

In this particular case, your "valid critiques" are obviously invalid because you haven't been correct about any of it. You're clearly deluded.

And again, please stop the high horse nonsense. There are numerous examples of you doing that which you claim to abhor. The hypocrisy is laughable.

And too, you neglected to address the key question. Like i said, you and your "valid critiques" are a joke.

Oh, and another point for you to let soak in that weak

Mar 8, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to You couldn't answer the question so you name-call? How lame! ]

noggin of yours...

Whether or not you have a 55% or a 95% pulse, that in no way, shape, of form means you post "valid critiques". I can say "Razz is an idiot" and get some votes... does that mean it must be a "valid critique"? We know that the statement is concise and accurate, but just because some folks may have voted for it doesn't mean it must be valid.

I mean seriously man, please tell me you're not this dumb?

So you're saying 93% of us agree with WillPhil?

Mar 8, 2013, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Only in my mind? Then why is my Tiger Pulse 55%, genius? ]

and his assessment of you?

Nuk was ready and that was bad advice from Dabo.***

Mar 5, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to But Dabo counseled Nuk to stay and improve his draft rank.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Character, Maturity, Work Ethic, Emotional Intelligence

Mar 5, 2013, 5:53 PM

These factors should be positives for Nuk relative to most other college receivers.

Mar 5, 2013, 7:23 PM

Please God.....let this man be a future Carolina Panther!!

Way to represent Nuk. Tiger Nation already misses you!!!

Re: Perhaps you should wait to see where he is actually taken in

Mar 5, 2013, 8:39 PM

Bowers had an injury!

Every mock draft I see doesn't show him as the #1 WR.

Mar 12, 2013, 11:33 AM

I hope this website is right but i'm seeing Hunter, Allen, and Austin getting more notariaty on these draft boards than Nuk.

Either way...it doesn't matter, he's more of a threat in that underdog role anyways. Thats where he thrives. When you tell him he's not in the lead group so i have no doubts that he'll make the most of his opportunity as long as he stays healthy.

I'd love to see the panthers take him if not first round maybe their second pick if he's not gone by then. He'd be a great possesion style reciever like Muhsin Muhammed was.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic