Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CJ Fuller to start next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

CJ Fuller to start next year

Nov 8, 2016, 1:03 PM

He has been looking better and better every game. I do hope Feaster gets a lot of PT and Choice and Dye have worked hard but Fuller looks legit to me. Speed, size, and hits the hole hard. I think our run game can be very strong next year. Fuller and Feaster the new Thunder and Lightning??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ Fuller to start next year

Nov 8, 2016, 1:16 PM

I look for Feaster to put on a few pounds, get the system down, and compete hard for more PT, probably starting before the end of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feaster is already over 200, so he isn't a small back like CJ or Andre***

Nov 8, 2016, 1:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2016, 1:20 PM

Feaster wil start and be the primary back. Fuller might be the number 2

Nov 8, 2016, 1:23 PM

I think he will be the feature back, but he will undoubtedly split carries. He can afford to put on some weight, but he still won't be the bowling ball with legs that CJ Fuller is between the tackles.

Nov 8, 2016, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller to start next year ]

I disagree. Feaster is good but Fuller has more experience. Should be a great offseason battle between all 4.

He also has the most Clemson name of all time

Nov 8, 2016, 1:23 PM

A combination of Clemson's two most decorated former players.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also has the most Clemson name of all time

Nov 10, 2016, 11:30 AM

Very good point

I just hope that Feaster can get comfortable with......

Nov 8, 2016, 1:29 PM

our offense as it seems from what DS has said that Feaster's not quite there. I hope he lives up to the hype about his skills.

He looked pretty comfortable vs Syracuse. He almost broke

Nov 8, 2016, 1:35 PM

at least one run.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He looked pretty comfortable vs Syracuse. He almost broke

Nov 8, 2016, 1:40 PM

Yes Feaster looked great against Cuse. So did Fuller. The future is bright.

It's more like the coaches need to get comfortable with

Nov 8, 2016, 1:43 PM [ in reply to He looked pretty comfortable vs Syracuse. He almost broke ]

Feaster in the lineup when he isn't carrying the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I think Dye is ready to have a breakout game very soon

Nov 9, 2016, 4:41 AM

IMO, he just needs a little more play time and success to build up his confidence and hit his stride. He's got all the tangibles.

I agree, I think Dye may be the starter?***

Nov 9, 2016, 8:34 AM

Nov 9, 2016, 10:30 AM

> He has been looking better and better every game. I
> do hope Feaster gets a lot of PT and Choice and Dye
> have worked hard but Fuller looks legit to me. Speed,
> size, and hits the hole hard. I think our run game
> can be very strong next year. Fuller and Feaster the
> new Thunder and Lightning??

How you figure?

Fuller looks like another Reggie Merriweather to me, without quite as much leg drive. You can live with him as your #2, and he's fair-to-decent as your #3, but you're in big trouble if you start him. He'd be by quite a lot the least talented starting RB of any of the so-called "elite" Power 5 team. He's a local guy from Easley who's done well for himself and for the team, but he was also a low-end 3-star with a very limited offer sheet and there was a reason for that too.

Adam Choice and Tyshon Dye were both supposed to be that guy, but have both really disappointed. Injury could have played a part in that but the bottom line is that nobody will confuse either of those guys with Leonard Fournette, Bo Scarborough, or Mike Weber either...just as nobody will confuse CJ Fuller with one of those guys.

Feaster could be - he definitely has that fifth gear - but he hasn't really had that seeming "light goes on" moment, and his blitz protection is shaky.

Personally if I was betting on anyone to start next year, it'd be incoming frosh Cordarrian Richardson. None of the holdovers are talented enough, IMHO, to hold him off. Here's hoping, anyhow, because the staff turned away a whole lot of guys to hold onto Richardson.

~this~***

Nov 9, 2016, 1:06 PM

Nov 9, 2016, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller to start next year ]

Good analysis. I'm not sure on Choice still, as he seems to be still showing a bit of post injury hesitation, and that is fairly common. I do believe he will get better as the season wears on, but it is hard to say if he can hold off Feaster, much less a kid I am very high on in Richardson. I have never been sold on Fuller, and I think to gauge his upside by Syracuse is a bit hasty as their run D is rather bad. Still, he is a solid if unspectacular back to provide relief. Dye, sadly it might be the career that could have been, rather than was. Maybe the injuries derailed him, but it's just never really happened for him.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller to start next year ]

Fuller has been by far the best back besides Gallman this year. Feaster has had flashes and I love Choice but my money is on Fuller next year. He has earned it and obviously he has with the Coaches as well seeing he gets the most PT besides Gallman. Believe what you want though none of us know just my thoughts. I respect yours and do agree to an extent. He has only gotten better and better though.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:06 AM

Although Choice has looked anything but capable this season, we have seen what he can do.
I don't know what his problem is this season but he will get his shot next season.
If he works hard, does what he needs to do him and Feaster will be 1+2 next year.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller to start next year ]

For any of you saying fuller has had a better year than Feaster please look at the Yards per carry average. Feaster is a true freshman that got on campus this summer. Give him an offseason to lift and continue to learn the playbook. Unless he gets hurt he will start. There is no reasonable argument for fuller

Nov 10, 2016, 11:36 AM

He has had some nice runs in scrub time but the Cuse game was the only meaningful snaps he has had. Fuller has proven himself on the big stage. I hope Feaster continues to improve and becomes what we know he can be but right now I would say Fuller is our solid back up and when Wayne leaves it only makes sense that he moves to the starter roll unless somebody can pass him which they have not this season.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller to start next year ]

Either way we are set at RB and we know Feaster will become the starter at some point. If he can continue to improve he may start next year but I am saying game one at home against Kent State Fuller will start IMO.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:35 AM

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Adam Choice will get first shot cause he is better than Fuller and has seniority over Feaster, but if Choice doesn't perform Feaster will start.

Nov 10, 2016, 11:09 AM

Not so fast Corso

Nov 10, 2016, 11:11 AM

Coaches seem to think so

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive