Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Having a hard time understanding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,239

Having a hard time understanding

Feb 16, 2013, 7:06 AM

Over the past few years, every time someone in the media or one of our coaches talkes about Football, Baseball or Basketball Teams they all say we have young teams, are they saying that because they all are young men the ages 17-21 or is because of not much playing times.
They will always be young in age and only time will correct the playing time, if this is what they are talking about looks like we should/could be getting close to having mature experienced teams.
Could this be a saying we all have heard when we were younger going on trips with our family when we would ask are we there yet and they would say we're getting close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pseudo-rhetorical, satirical, nor hyperbolic posts work here

Feb 16, 2013, 8:05 AM

Goodness knows I've tried.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

42 redshirt freshman on football team just a few years ago

Feb 16, 2013, 8:09 AM

Basketball has no senior leadership, rest are sophs an fresh.

Baseball, other then pitching, loaded with young talent.

Its not an excuse for losing, but you sure as hell got to put it into perspective!

Re: Having a hard time understanding

Feb 16, 2013, 8:11 AM

Just my opinion,butI think they are talking about playing time.But it will differ from football and basketball even baseball.
Football players have to play at least thru their junior year.That's why Nuke can leave now,or Clowney(USC)could choose to sit out his junior year( to avoid injury).
However basketball players have to complete only their freshman season before they can declare for the NBA draft and a lot of baseballers can leave early as well if they see the potential for a pro career.Remember Kyle Parker signed a baseball contract in his junior year but was able to come back as a senior qb on the football team because he didn't ink a contract or hire a nfl agent.
But by being young,I think one only has to look at our basketball team which has only 2 seniors ,no juniors and can start up to 4 true freshamn ,and 4 sophmores.
Also,on our 39 man baseball squad,I counted 19 freshman,and that,imo,is a lot of youth.

Re: Having a hard time understanding

Feb 16, 2013, 8:24 AM

Ok so are we getting close or are we still on the road,
when will we get there, and how we will know when we are.
I know it takes time to build anything, and once its built you have to keep up with the maintenance, over the past 4 years Dabo, Coaches & Players have given us teams I think we all could agree that its something we could get accustomed to with only a few minor adjustments like beating the cockerel's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logic says, if Clowney sits out his "junior" year, he

Feb 16, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Having a hard time understanding ]

won't have a junior year. Who is going to honor his scholarship if chooses not to play... and why would such a scholar suffer through another year in class(tee hee)if he is waiting on his millions next Spring?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,239
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic