Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who are we recruiting on QB front for next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Who are we recruiting on QB front for next year?

Jan 10, 2015, 4:23 AM

After this year's limited backup QB options, I am now very keen to see how the staff is making sure we are never in that position again.

After all,me are competing with the likes of Ohio State who had 3 very capable starters on their team - should they need them - and they did!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*we* not *me* I can't type obviously

Jan 10, 2015, 4:25 AM

Or proof read. ??

For 2016 We have one QB commit already in Zerrick Cooper

Jan 10, 2015, 5:09 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/recruiting/player/Zerrick-Cooper-2281
I've heard a lot of good things about this kid and if all goes according to plan either Kelly Bryant or Tucker Israel will be a redshirt freshman heading into the 2016 season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very much in the mold of Watson and Bryant: Big, athletic,

Jan 10, 2015, 7:25 AM

elusive, fast, strong arm. Looks fantastic on these clips. If we can make it through mid-season, I can't think of a time when we've been in better shape at QB depth-wise projecting forward. The only concern next year, and it is a legitimate one, is the lack of experience behind Watson. Obviously coaches had zero confidence in Scheussler this year, and it would be tough for a true freshman to step in early next year unless Israel or Bryant have that Watson-like magic!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Very much in the mold of Watson and Bryant: Big, athletic,

Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM

I think that zerrick cooper is the qb of the future at Clemson. That is one good looking prospect. Kelley Bryant and tucker isreal look good also, but I think cooper will pass them when its his time.

IMO, we will have more talent at QB in 2015, than we've

Jan 10, 2015, 12:01 PM [ in reply to For 2016 We have one QB commit already in Zerrick Cooper ]

ever had.

#21 great back T Allen was***

Jan 10, 2015, 12:23 PM

Talent - I agree. Experience could be a problem if Watson

Jan 10, 2015, 12:38 PM [ in reply to IMO, we will have more talent at QB in 2015, than we've ]

goes down though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

OH ST

Jan 10, 2015, 8:35 AM

No one should think the QB situation at OH ST is going to be the norm anywhere. And one of those 3 are probably going to transfer. You're simply not going to have 3 QBs of that caliber and 2 ride the bench behind the starter and keep them happy. The number 2 guy can get some snaps but the other one is going to be history. And one already appears to be looking around.
As for Clemson, this staff is recruiting in overdrive! 2 quality QBs in now and already another for the next class.
Go Tigers!!

I hear ha...

Jan 10, 2015, 8:54 AM

Just want this to never be an issue again.

Having a QB coach will help too

Jan 10, 2015, 9:27 AM

In addition to recruiting I believe that having a position coach dedicated to the QB's will help immensely. I'm sure Chad Morris was a good QB coach and I'm 1000% positive that he was a great Offensive coordinator, but this year exposed why it's better for the program if one person is trying to do both. The QB position is unlike any other on the field and those players needs full-time attention from a position coach. Brandon Streeter is going to be a HUGE boost to the program these next couple of seasons.

It will happen again at some point.

Jan 10, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I hear ha... ]

Regardless of how well you plan, it happens everywhere at some point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will happen again at some point.

Jan 10, 2015, 10:21 AM

So true. You can't control injuries or acts of God.

It wouldn't have been an issue in 2014...

Jan 10, 2015, 11:15 AM [ in reply to I hear ha... ]

if Chad Kelly wasn't such an immature little turd. He would have gotten the chance he was waiting for, and probably would have done very well if he was a man instead of a dickless little boy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year would've been Tony McNeal's rs junior or senior yr if not for the injury

Jan 10, 2015, 11:23 AM

He would've helped provide depth

Do the names Israel, Bryant or Cooper ring any bells?***

Jan 10, 2015, 11:06 AM

i was alluding to the next round of recruiting next year.

Jan 10, 2015, 11:25 AM

Cannot rest on this front b/c this past year's debacle should have been a lesson never to forget.... Keep the cupboard stocked at QB just in case....

That's where

Jan 10, 2015, 11:30 AM

recruiting players with character comes in. Took a chance on Kelly and got burned. The guy has great potential but you wonder if he'll ever get his head on straight.
Dabo and staff have done a great job and don't blame them for taking a chance on a recruit when he feels it's worth it.
Go Tigers!!

True, but know what your bet is and secure backup

Jan 10, 2015, 11:40 AM

Just in case. That should be the lesson from the Kelly debacle.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic