Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris not happy with short yardage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris not happy with short yardage

Apr 7, 2012, 12:49 PM

Morris not happy with short yardage

Morris wasted no time in his session with the media Wednesday to voice his displeasure over what has become a recurring and painful theme in Clemson’s running game – an inability to convert in short-yardage situations. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson championships wr/built on groundgame & short yardage

Apr 7, 2012, 1:34 PM

Go get 'em Chad!!

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Clemson championships wr/built on groundgame & short yardage

Apr 7, 2012, 1:36 PM

We controlled the line of scrimmage back then. We haven't done that in years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jebbus, FOOTBALL is based on converting short yardage..***

Apr 7, 2012, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Clemson championships wr/built on groundgame & short yardage ]

Apr 7, 2012, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Clemson championships wr/built on groundgame & short yardage ]

I think during our Danny Ford era we once coverted something like 30 straight 3rd and 2 or less or 4th and 2 or less. That is amazing, to know that you can pick it up. Now, if it is 3rd and 1 we prob as likely to pass as not.

Apr 10, 2012, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Clemson championships wr/built on groundgame & short yardage ]

Amen to that!

Re: Front Page Story: Morris not happy with short yardage

Apr 7, 2012, 1:37 PM

He is not the only one that is not happy with it. It was pathetic last season.

Finally, it appears we have coaches who see what

Apr 7, 2012, 2:14 PM

everybody else has seen for years, and publicly admit as much. Hallelujah! Venables sees that our LBs have been hamstrung, paralyzed, and under performed as a result. Morris sees that we are soft and consistently get whipped up front. Thank you Jesus! Whether they actually get it fixed or not remains to be seen, but how refreshing it is to get some straight talk instead of denials and convoluted coach-speak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Finally, it appears we have coaches who see what

Apr 7, 2012, 2:42 PM

Now, if they can finally get Coach Swinney that they have major problems with the strength program, and have dad for years. It starts in the weight room, and it's not getting done.

Apr 7, 2012, 2:43 PM

Oops. Excuse the typos.

Apr 9, 2012, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Finally, it appears we have coaches who see what ]

Coach speak in the past was just like when someone is peeing on your foot. And trying to convince you that its raining. The only way to change bad things to good things. Is to tell it the way it really is from the start. Turning your back on the problem may stop you from seeing it. But its still broke. Dabo has put us a good coaching staff together. They will do their best to stop the bleeding by coaching up what we now have. And then fix it through recruiting. I personally think its better now than what we have had in the past 20 years or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, is our short yardage defense that improved?***

Apr 7, 2012, 2:30 PM

He can't blame it on Chad Diehl anymore--wasted his talent

Apr 8, 2012, 8:25 PM

Morris needs to realize that every once in a while HE might be to blame instead of pointing fingers all the time

Having a FB in the game

Apr 9, 2012, 9:36 AM

Doesn't do a bit of good if the opposing DL gets penetration before the RB even touches the ball.

Re: He can't blame it on Chad Diehl anymore--wasted his talent

Apr 9, 2012, 9:50 AM [ in reply to He can't blame it on Chad Diehl anymore--wasted his talent ]

To you C-mac, you are always looking for problems in what is good. No matter who it is, you accuse them of being the problem. Get off Coach Morris nuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, somebody should TD Coach Morris like they did

Apr 9, 2012, 9:37 AM

every one of my posts in the thread I started about this issue on April 3.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12081196#12081196

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Front Page Story: Morris not happy with short yardage

Apr 10, 2012, 1:13 AM

I agree completely with you guy's comments. Once thing that I do like about Swinney and Morris is that when things are not going good they show they are mad or frustrated. It used to make me sick when Tommy Bowden would be smiling on the sideline when a team was kicking our ### like the Clemson/Bama opening game on primetime. For me the jury is still out on Morris. He does seem to blame others a lot and say his offense is so complex it will take a couple years to learn it. I wonder if he is going to use this excuse w/ every new group of young players we get in the future.

I'm all for the passing game but passing will get you nowhere if you can't pick up 3rd and 2 consistently w/ the run game (See LSU/Bama NC). I'm also ready to see a defense like we had in the 80s and early 90s. Line up and dare you to run it.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic