Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have there been more shoulder injuries since these tiny
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Have there been more shoulder injuries since these tiny

Dec 10, 2015, 8:39 PM

shoulder pads started being used? I know they must be engineered to protect but I don't remember this many shoulder and collarbone injuries in the past. They look ridiculously small on offensive lineman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have there been more shoulder injuries since these tiny

Dec 10, 2015, 9:06 PM

Not sure if that's what you're talking about but cool story... Our skill players wear carbon fiber shoulder pads built from excess CFRP from Boeing.

Re: Have there been more shoulder injuries since these tiny

Dec 10, 2015, 10:04 PM

I have always been leery of "improvements" - particulary in the area of shoulder pads. My football career was ended a long time ago by the use of the latest shoulder pads made of hard foam rubber, which the head coach gave to three if us (all skill players). I was a TE in a single wing offense, which position called for a lot of head-on blocking of MLBs on power sweeps. I had never had a problem cut-blocking those MLBs until the night I used the new "improved" pads, which supposedly allowed better range of motion, which they certainly did. However; after 8 minor shoulder separations in that game which either the coaches or players in the huddle yanked back into place for ne, I reached for a high pass on a TE out route and watched my left arm drop uselessky to my side and the ball go out of bounds uncaught. The top of my upper arm bone now located about midway down my rib cage. According to the emergency room orthopedist, it was the worst shoulder separation he had ever seen.

As a result, if I was a coach, I would never ask any player to wear anything experimental until others had proved it OK.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic