Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saban stresses importance of fans staying till end of game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Saban stresses importance of fans staying till end of game

Oct 25, 2013, 7:40 AM

Here's a great coach stressing the importance of the fans staying until the end of the game, even in big-win blowouts. I loved when he said--"if you are not going to stay until the end, let someone else have the tickets who will". Again, I am not saying anyone doesn't have the right to leave, or shouldn't leave because of little children, or because you are 100 years old and need your medicine. I am talking about "Us" as a whole group. This guy knows what it means to the players, the university, and RECRUITING. Sell your tickets or stay until the end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, dad.***

Oct 25, 2013, 7:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Saban stresses importance of fans staying till end of game

Oct 25, 2013, 7:51 AM

Who gave this idiot a computer?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You probably left at half time.***

Oct 25, 2013, 7:52 AM

not at a blow out win.***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You probably left at half time.***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:01 AM [ in reply to You probably left at half time.*** ]

I could have left after the team ran down the hill if I wanted. Whatever problems Clemson has and they might have a few, the fans and or their behavior is not one of the them. I bet your kids played Soccer

All winning coaches know importance of fan support

Oct 25, 2013, 8:04 AM

win or lose--you support the team.

Re: All winning coaches know importance of fan support

Oct 25, 2013, 9:20 AM

Just stop already. This is old and not funny.

sell your tickets. you are not funny***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:22 AM

Re: sell your tickets. you are not funny***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:28 AM

Nope. Keeping the tickets and gonna leave early next time we get blown out.

Where do you sit? I'll be sure and wave at you and smile on my way out and shout across how proud I am of you for being such a supportive dad and great Tiger fan!

I support my team

Oct 25, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to All winning coaches know importance of fan support ]

at the tailgate with a beer in hand and comfort food ;)

f him

Oct 25, 2013, 7:54 AM

The fans make these programs. Ungrateful sob. He should have phrased that to "we appreciate fans who stay the whole game" don't bite the hands that feed you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Another intelligent response.

Oct 25, 2013, 7:58 AM

One correct assertion--the fans do matter. Not a money thing. Some of you don't get it. Ignorant.

Saban doesn't have to drive

Oct 25, 2013, 7:55 AM

6 hours to get home. That and I haven't seen one of his teams unprepared in many years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Missed the point.

Oct 25, 2013, 8:00 AM

Yep--85,000 "fans" had to drive 6 hours. Boo Hoo. Unprepared? No, just snowball effect and all the pressure. You ever play college football? Highschool football? HaHa.

Just waiting for his Waterloo... It's coming.***

Oct 25, 2013, 7:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring it.***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:29 AM

What is "it"?***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:44 AM

Re: What is "it"?***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:58 AM

Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington?

Just need to stay, don't sell the tickets

Oct 25, 2013, 8:03 AM

The problem with selling tickets is that we end up with a whole row of opposing fans (Section L Row B last weekend). I don't know who gets seats 22,24,26,28 in Section L Row B but I don't think they have been at a game in the last two years judging by the opposing fans sitting behind me. Unless they were the ones who showed up and asked my brother-in-law to sit down at the BC game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, at Alabama those fans staying helps recruiting.

Oct 25, 2013, 8:14 AM

Nothing at all to do with the trophy case and list of Bama players on NFL rosters.

smh

no sir, you are wrong. coaches, players, media

Oct 25, 2013, 8:15 AM

Get paid to be there. Fans have to pay to be there. We are not required to do anything. You stayed to watch a football game, good for you. Hurray, break out the carpet.

I can appreciate a fan questioning another fan far more than a coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Another ignorant point. Some don't learn.***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:25 AM

#1 bama doesn't get blown out at home..........

Oct 25, 2013, 8:20 AM

#2 If/when they ever do.........those fans are GONE!!!!........just like every other stadium in the country

Not rue. Not true.

Oct 25, 2013, 8:27 AM

Many college football stadiums are full of fans until the end, even when their teams are losing. Some, with losing records still pack the stands. For those of you used to winning, count your blessings. The players are in college. They don't owe you anything.

In a way they do owe people in IPTAY something. Those people

Oct 25, 2013, 8:30 AM

are the reason a lot of the players can actually go to college.

hth

Don't sell the players out, or the University

Oct 25, 2013, 8:32 AM

Donate because you want to help the cause. Do not donate to turn around and sell tickets for a profit. If you take the tax break and then make money, you are committing fraud.

Reselling of the tickets had nothing to do with my statement***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:34 AM

It did in mine***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:36 AM

Re: Don't sell the players out, or the University

Oct 25, 2013, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Don't sell the players out, or the University ]

The only fraud being committed is the connection between your head and your hands on the keyboard.

another intelligent response***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:37 AM

HUH???...this has NOTHING to do with selling tickets........

Oct 25, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Don't sell the players out, or the University ]

i thought it was about fans leaving early???....???.............if a fan can sell their ticket in a 4th qtr blowout more power to them

HAHAHA......not a "home" stadium in the country.........

Oct 25, 2013, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Not rue. Not true. ]

that's packed out in the 4th qtr getting BLOWN OUT!

and you're right they are in college they don't "owe" me anything...........even though the fans are putting them through college and paying the coaches a HUGE salary

I expect better than saturday night and don't accept that...................fans have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to do WHATEVER THEY WANT TO.

keep in mind I'm one who stayed, but it wasn't by choice at all

Respect the Program

Oct 25, 2013, 8:39 AM

Your IPTAY money is a fraction of what it takes to put players through school. TV on the other hand brings in millions. Think it looks good when the stadium is empty? Winning or losing, we looked bad and it was made apparent on tv. Get real.

we played football before every game was put on TV.....

Oct 25, 2013, 8:43 AM

an empty stadium didn't make us look ANY WORSE than the blowout on the field...........there were more viewers that changed the channel than ones who left death valley early

Another true fan who can't comprehend. Saban is right!***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:46 AM

see if you comprehend this??.......??..................

Oct 25, 2013, 10:22 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1781681-penn-state-football-declining-attendance-early-evidence-of-impact-of-sanctions

Unintelligent correlation

Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 AM

Penn State had bigger issues to deal with other than getting blown out. Typical mentality of some of you posters who don't know what you are even talking about. Either support the team or bail--up to you.

WOW.......after you just stated about how PSU puts..........

Oct 25, 2013, 10:29 AM

100K+ in the stands with sanctions and stays til the end.

you're all over the place...........either pick an argument and stick with it...........or win an argument.......you've been proved wrong w/ every direction you try to spin things..........it's over

dont desert your team! Support the players!***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:32 AM

did you see PSU's senior day pic???***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:35 AM

People with little children and old people who need

Oct 25, 2013, 8:36 AM

meds just need to stay home. Not only do they sometimes have to leave early, but they can't stand for the entire game either. They just dilute the crowd noise and lessens the intimidation factor, which in turn causes our team to play worse, which naturally causes us to lose games. We don't need those kinds of people.

Signed,
Some T-netters who are really sirrius.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

exactly...our five yr old is fried and if we stay everyone

Oct 25, 2013, 8:46 AM

around us is going to end up giving me the evil eye but because Saban said it we should stay.......hmmmmmmmmm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

another who doesn't comprehend

Oct 25, 2013, 8:51 AM

As a group--fans should stay to support the team. Saban didn't mean little kids shouldn't go home early. You kidding? There aren't 85,000 fans who have kids. What?

Been going to games for 41 yrs....I get supporting the team***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's playing "Satan Says". What happened to Simon?***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:56 AM

BRAVO. Here's a fan who gets it.***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Been going to games for 41 yrs....I get supporting the team*** ]

You just said he was another who didn't comprehend?***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:03 AM

my response was for different poster--notice the indents?***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:06 AM

Sure did notice them, that's why I posted.

Oct 25, 2013, 9:11 AM

My screen shows:

Tigerfansince72
you saying: another who doesnt' comprehend
Tigerfansince72
you saying: bravo here's a fan that gets it

If you're going to post your incessant drivel all over the board at least learn how to make a proper reply. You just don't get it.

Get real.

here ya go.

Oct 25, 2013, 9:22 AM

posted comment stating he missed the point. I don't disagree that taking a 5 year old home early is ok. Probably shouldn't have brought them in the first place--another story. I am generally speaking of the fan base as a whole. I commented on being a good fan because he has been attending for so many years. Hope that helps you with this.

Doesn't clear a thing up.

Oct 25, 2013, 9:25 AM

He makes post about 5 year old, you say another fan who doesn't comprehend.

He then replies been going to games 41 years he gets it, you say bravo here's a fan that gets it.

Do you really not see this? How can you not comprehend, but still get it?

Have someone read it to you again.Give it up. Stay till end!***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:32 AM

Re: Have someone read it to you again.Give it up. Stay till end!***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:34 AM

smh

oh my goodness...let it go***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:40 AM

Re: oh my goodness...let it go***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:24 AM

Clear at this point this guy's a troll.

Maybe Obama will mandate us to stay until the end.***

Oct 25, 2022, 1:12 PM

I'm pretty sure it's already in the Obama care bill

Oct 25, 2013, 9:36 AM

somewhere. It's the law of the land.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Saban stresses importance of fans staying till end of game***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:44 AM

lol...this thread had turned into

Oct 25, 2013, 9:45 AM

An episode of Matlock

Is Saban our head coach?

Oct 25, 2013, 10:23 AM

If you want that, pull for Alabama.

Otherwise, ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Saban and Maryland make points some of u dont get***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:25 AM

I get it. But, I am an adult (47 years old) and I will make

Oct 25, 2013, 10:27 AM

my own decisions. Your opinion means nothing to me.

If Dabo said it, then I would consider it. Until then, you have the right to pull for Saban and Maryland. Have fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dabo did say it. Did you hear it?

Oct 25, 2013, 10:31 AM

Dabo thanked the students who stayed until the very end. You see, he was inferring that they were there when most of the fans were not. It was a lot better than him saying--wish the fans would have stayed. The posts to this topic make it quite clear many of you don't understand the importance.

Re: Dabo did say it. Did you hear it?

Oct 25, 2013, 10:38 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14541308#14541308

circular

Oct 25, 2013, 10:25 AM

Fans have impact on players...players have impact on fans.... It is a vicious circle.

Continue to desert and you will see***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:26 AM

For everyone after I post this....

Oct 25, 2013, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

SUPPORT CLEMSON FOOTBALL--DON'T DESERT THE PLAYERS***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:33 AM

Why do you think Saban is encouraging fans to stay?

Oct 25, 2013, 10:40 AM

Because they are clearing out when the Tide is blowing out the other team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saban stresses importance of fans staying till end of game

Oct 25, 2013, 10:41 AM

RECRUITING?? REALLY? Have you not been watching games on TV recently and seen several so called elite programs who supposedly recruit top notch talent every year dealing with half empty stadiums, because I have. This is just like the internet gestapo tactics used to shut down any criticism of coaching. "WAAAAAH! DON'T DO THAT, THE RECRUITS ARE WATCHING! WAAAAH!!" BS

Post and Courier piece sums it up

Oct 25, 2013, 10:59 AM

Sports competition teaches teamwork, perseverance, discipline — and humility.

But while athletes must take the physical and psychic lumps that come with scoreboard shortfalls, many fans reverse their fields when their favorite teams flop.

If your team wins, you can say, “We won.” If your team loses, you can blame coaches, players, referees, the weather, schedule makers, etc.

Hey, it’s human nature to embrace success as your own and failure as somebody else’s.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic