Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got two Masters tickets for Thursday. Not for sale.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Got two Masters tickets for Thursday. Not for sale.

Apr 4, 2019, 7:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong board***

Apr 4, 2019, 7:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Got two Masters tickets for Thursday. Not for sale.

Apr 4, 2019, 7:58 AM

Thursday should be fun. I’m going Sunday, my first time there other than practice rounds. Can’t wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

witch thursday?***

Apr 4, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I grew up going to the tournament

Apr 4, 2019, 9:03 AM

It is still one of the greatest venues in sports. To me it is one of the prettiest places on earth. But over the last 15 - 20 years, it has gotten so crowded. A few older memeories stand out:

Looking on the club house patios and seeing Sonny Jurgensen (redskins qb) knocking back drinks.

Standing up close to Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus. My wife (while we were dating) swears that Arnie winked at her.

Seeing others like Ben Hogan and Slamin Sammy Snead. Watching past greats like Gene Sarazen, Lord Byron Nelson, Sam Snead, and then Arnie, Jack, and Gary as honorary starters.

George Archer, after missing the cut, yelling in the parking lot yelling, "I'll tell you what you can do with this golf course!"

Watching Chi Chi Rodriquez drain a long putt and then wave and sheath his putter like a sword.

Fuzzy Zoeller winning in sudden death on 11. My Dad's and my last trip before Dad died.

Standing where Gene Sarazen hit "the shot heard around the world" on 15 (double eagle). IMO...the greatest shot ever hit at the Masters. Consider the equipment back then.

Nicklaus unlikely victory in 1986. I don't mind saying that I cried tears of joy.

Seve Ballesteros winning was a bad memory. He was brash, and didn't seem to respect the tradition there.

Too many golfers to mention: Ray Floyd, Ben Crenshaw (not a long hitter), Boom Boom Freddy Couples, Greg Norman (how he never won, I don't know)...I've left out so many.

Those chicken sandwiches...my first beer at Augusta and the year that halter tops were in fashion. That year, for some reason, I did not see much golf!

The best was being there with my Dad...

Seve was a Master if there is one

Apr 4, 2019, 10:46 PM

He won five of the hardest tournaments there are.

Re: I grew up going to the tournament

Apr 5, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to I grew up going to the tournament ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have fun...eat lots of sandwiches (Ham & cheese on rye!)

Apr 4, 2019, 9:14 AM

and drink just enough beer! Can't beat the prices.

I'll be there Friday & Saturday...have been every year since I was 8...so if you need any insights.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point for the ham and cheese on rye!

Apr 4, 2019, 9:29 AM

And for cheap beer prices. One year on Sunday, we were the very last car in the main Washington Road parking lot.
They came and asked us to leave...

Pimento cheese.***

Apr 4, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Have fun...eat lots of sandwiches (Ham & cheese on rye!) ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been going many years myself. My mother worked for

Apr 4, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Have fun...eat lots of sandwiches (Ham & cheese on rye!) ]

George Cobb, a well reknowned golf course architect. Augusta hired him to do work on the golf course and during that time she conversed with Clifford Roberts regularly. I think she even got him gifts for people from time to time. Another member of that firm told my brother that when Tiger was winning so much, that they found out he was taping every putt on every green.....In the off season....they remade every one of them...

Re: Have fun...eat lots of sandwiches (Ham & cheese on rye!)

Apr 4, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Have fun...eat lots of sandwiches (Ham & cheese on rye!) ]

Jealous.... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2019, 8:49 PM

Back in my younger days I had a Sunday pass from one of my Dunlop friends almost every year. Never paid for a ticket. Food was cheap and good. Can't do the walking now and don't even watch it on TV.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2019, 9:21 PM

Joe, How many years young you be?

You’ve got great stories man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think his handle means he was born in 1921***

Apr 5, 2019, 12:47 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic