Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It kills the Cootlumbia media to have Clowney as the bad one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

It kills the Cootlumbia media to have Clowney as the bad one

Dec 10, 2013, 3:56 PM

so now they are dragging Boyd into it also.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24184670/day-before-clowneys-ticket-clemsons-tajh-boyd-pulled-over-in-midlands

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbia media

Dec 10, 2013, 4:01 PM

So it's the Columbia medias fault T Boyd also has a lead foot?

84 is not 110.***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:02 PM

EXACTLY ... but The Clown is just as 'angelic' because

Dec 10, 2013, 4:14 PM

Boyd was speeding. 14 mph over limit vs. 40 mph over limit is a different law broken - Speeding vs. reckless endangerment.

Media attempt to sugarcoat The Clown = FAIL!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: EXACTLY ... but The Clown is just as 'angelic' because

Dec 10, 2013, 6:22 PM

and it's only a big deal when players and coaches at Clemson University get speeding tickets, but when USC's all-star gets a ticket, it's no big deal?

Dec 10, 2013, 6:23 PM

biased Columbia media.

Dec 10, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to EXACTLY ... but The Clown is just as 'angelic' because ]

all of the cootville media is so "eat up with the cheating c$$ts" it is just pitiful!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

84 on I-20? that how fast the fast-lan is moving normally...***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Columbia media ]

sometimes faster than that***

Dec 10, 2013, 6:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, officer, I was just trying to get out of the way."***

Dec 10, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to 84 on I-20? that how fast the fast-lan is moving normally...*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is....

Dec 10, 2013, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Columbia media ]

And I have a strong feeling I'm talking to the wall here, but here goes....

Boyd was apparently pulled over BEFORE Clowney. The Columbia media didn't seem to think it was a big deal until their golden boy was ticketed. Then all of a sudden it becomes newsworthy and absolutely MUST be reported.

You can make the arguement that even doing 71 in a 70 is speeding, but there's a reason Boyd was warned while Clowney was ticketed. 110 in a 70 is exceedingly reckless. 84 on many interstates will get you run over (ever been on I-26 on the way out of Charleston on a Friday?)

Re: Columbia media

Dec 10, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Columbia media ]

Let's not get ourselves mixed up here trying to say both of them have "broken the law". That is obvious. However the degree is important.

84 in a 70 is a 4-point speeding violation that can be pled down to 2 points and about $75. Half of the country has probably gone 14mph over the speed limit more than once in their life, and these days it's just a hair over "flow of traffic" speed.

110 in a 70 is reckless driving and sufficient cause for arrest, not just a ticket. That's extremely dangerous no matter the situation and shows no regard for conditions, other drivers, etc. I doubt more than 5% of the population of the country has gone 110mph in a car (I know I haven't, and I have a lead foot).

I don't think getting pulled over for going 110 in a 70 is particularly newsworthy, much less deserving of ESPN headlines/commentary by the talking heads. I do, however, think it's exceedingly stupid. Not to mention it reflects on what Clowney thinks both of himself and of other people around him.

Yes once again

Dec 10, 2013, 4:04 PM

Boyd cannot outrun Clowney

But Boyd can read.***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:08 PM

null

And, will graduate.***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

cluck cluck COOT!

Dec 10, 2013, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Yes once again ]

why did the chicken cross the road?

That's actually kind of funneh***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Yes once again ]

Yes once again Clowney makes a fool out of himself….

Dec 10, 2013, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Yes once again ]

you coots are just incredibly moronic. You worship a player who slacked off his whole college career and never reached his full potential.

Depends

Dec 10, 2013, 4:08 PM

On whether it is an ACC or Sec vehicle

the sec vehicle would be the stolen one.***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the sec vehicle would be the stolen one.***

Dec 10, 2013, 6:19 PM

SEC speed!

more like paid for by an athletic booster***

Dec 10, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to the sec vehicle would be the stolen one.*** ]

Don't think that he will get it!!!!!***

Dec 10, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to the sec vehicle would be the stolen one.*** ]

The point

Dec 10, 2013, 4:13 PM

This board has reveled in Clowney's ticket and is about to pull out every excuse available for Boyd. Something about stones and glass house sounds vaguely familiar. Kids are kids speeding is endemic to the under 25 crowd( see insurance rates) no matter where they go to school

What you fail to see - the degree to which a traffic

Dec 10, 2013, 4:17 PM

law was broken - speeding vs. reckeless endangerment.

But, you just keep defending your capon. It's entertaining.

The point is you are desperate for us to validate you….

Dec 10, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to The point ]

guess what it's never going to happen. Another point, you are obsessed with Clemson.

Re: It kills the Cootlumbia media to have Clowney as the bad one

Dec 10, 2013, 4:18 PM

Both of these "stories" are complete "non-stories" and are simply lazy attempts at grabbing readers & viewers between the end of the regular season and the bowl season. Who cares how fast Clowney, Tajh, or anyone else was driving? They can pay their fine and go about their lives like anyone else.

Is this what sports journalism has become, worrying about a few college kids with traffic tickets? I suppose that's the end result when ESPN has devolved to TMZ Sports

I care if someone is driving 110

Dec 10, 2013, 4:24 PM

Seeing as how I have family members driving on that stretch of road.

Re: I care if someone is driving 110

Dec 10, 2013, 4:34 PM

Public safety is a legit concern, but would you honestly care if it wasn't someone in the public eye? If you were watching the evening news, and every night they started listing off the countless folks around SC who get clocked going absurdly fast speeds every day, would you watch? No. You'd change the channel like everybody else would, because it isn't news.

Celebrity has it's perks and it's draw backs

Dec 10, 2013, 4:57 PM

Do you think Clowney would be cruising around at 110 in a Chrysler 300 if he weren't a celebrity?

Re: Celebrity has it's perks and it's draw backs

Dec 10, 2013, 11:39 PM

Do you think anyone would care if he wasn't a celebrity?

Once upon a time I got a ticket on I-26 on my way back from a Citadel vs Furman game (Citadel lost 30-17). This was back when the speed limit was 65 (not 70). There was a young woman there who asked to speak with the highway patrol officer who wrote her the ticket before we spoke with the magistrate. The SCHP officer how fast she was the ticket was for and she replied, "108". She wasn't arrested for it and none of us ever heard about it.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sorry but 110 mph should be everybody's business.

Dec 10, 2013, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It kills the Cootlumbia media to have Clowney as the bad one ]

Don't try to downplay that when innoncent people are on the same highways.

Not defending

Dec 10, 2013, 4:19 PM

Just pointing out how we all see the worst in our opponents and minimize our own wrongs

If my daughter got stopped for 84 I would be upset. If it

Dec 10, 2013, 4:25 PM

were 110 I would take the car. There is QUITE a difference in the two. To me this has nothing to do with Clemson or SCAR but with, as was stated above, reckless endangerment.

Re: If my daughter got stopped for 84 I would be upset. If it

Dec 10, 2013, 4:36 PM

What about 65 in a residential area?

Perhaps it was your attempts to defend it that fooled us.***

Dec 10, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Not defending ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You were defending. Clowney's ticket is no big deal, but...

Dec 10, 2013, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Not defending ]

you were without a doubt defending it like it's ok to go that speed on a regular basis.

Have any of you gotten behind the

Dec 10, 2013, 4:30 PM

Wheel over the legal limit? I would rather have someone speeding sober regardless of how fast they are going on the interstate than I would someone who is drunk going 60. And my family drives on the same roads some of you who have done that drive on. Which would you rather have on your record or conscious?

This is just stupid

Dec 10, 2013, 4:58 PM

I didn't realize the choice was driving 110 or driving drunk. I'm thinking you should probably shouldn't do either.

geez...

Dec 10, 2013, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Have any of you gotten behind the ]

I would be willing to bet that a person driving 110 has less control over a vehicle than a drunk driving 60. You make no sense with your post.

The drunk driver has an excuse. He's drunk. What does the

Dec 10, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Have any of you gotten behind the ]

jacka$$ driving 110 say impaired his decision making

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot, let it go, Clowney's ticket is no big deal. No need..

Dec 10, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Have any of you gotten behind the ]

to get defensive over a non story that got sensationalized.

Re: It kills the Cootlumbia media to have Clowney as the bad one

Dec 10, 2013, 4:35 PM

Saw quite a few of you defending Reckless endangerment with a watercraf a few years ago.

He was wrong to do 110 on an interstate. At least I haven't heard accusations of his brother being belligerent to the officer that was out there doing his job to protect you from this imminent threat.

Does doing his job mean posting the video on a forum for his

Dec 10, 2013, 5:26 PM

shamecock buddies? Didn't know that was part of their duty.

Re: Does doing his job mean posting the video on a forum for his

Dec 10, 2013, 11:15 PM

Sorry, didn't realize he posted the video before Dabo's brother went off on him. I have no problem with him being fired for posting the video.

That would be virtually impossible wouldn't it? To post a

Dec 10, 2013, 11:36 PM

video of something before it happened? I realize you're just being cute but just commenting on the inadequacies of such rhetoric.

So should we stone Dabo for something his Brother's son's imaginary friend's pet did as well?

Maybe Dabo's brother did act out of line, but why are you attempting to pin that on Dabo? I can wager everything I own that this isn't the first heated exchange an officer has encountered with a civilian...this should be of no big surprise to you.

Perhaps it was your attempts to defend it that fooled us

Dec 10, 2013, 4:40 PM

Read my posts never did I defend Clowney. What I did was point out light heatedly the absurdity of our own human nature when it comes to our own blind spots and foibles.

I just got a ticket

Dec 10, 2013, 5:09 PM

For going 13 over in Simpsonville. And Boyd only gets a warning?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could give a steaming poop

Dec 10, 2013, 5:35 PM

But I feel like celebrities should be treated like everyone else. I know what would have happened to me if I was driving my metal missile at 110.

cutiger250

Dec 10, 2013, 5:46 PM

I agree.

A deer run out in front of ya, blow out a tire, car pulls out in front of ya at 110, its over with.

I've never answered a call at night to someone wrecking at 100 plus and it not be to pick up body parts. At 60, there is a chance you live, or control your vehicle if a deer runs out, blown out tire, etc.

Not even close

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not Clowney's fault he couldn't read the speedometer.***

Dec 10, 2013, 5:51 PM

big difference between being 14 mph over the speed limit..

Dec 10, 2013, 6:25 PM

vs being 40 mph over the speed limit

It's really no big deal about Clowney's ticket….

Dec 10, 2013, 6:29 PM

young people speed all the time. I hate the coots, but really this story is much ado about nothing. Which makes it all the more pathetic that the Columbia media is going bring up a ticket by Tajh that was far slower than Clowney's.

SEC speed > ACC speed

Dec 10, 2013, 7:02 PM

n/m

Rick Henry - Sports Director is a Coot Jacka$$

Dec 10, 2013, 11:49 PM

He led off his "sports" segment on WIS with the Tajh internet rumor that everyone else in the free world had discounted as web garbage. His LEAD story.

He showed the clown michigan missed blocked at least 4 thousand times last off season.

This is totally in keeping with his clASS.

Yes. I emailed the jerk again to let him know.

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rick Henry - Sports Director is a Coot Jacka$$

Dec 11, 2013, 1:15 AM

So Clowney beat Boyd at something again. No story here. 110 to 84.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic