Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have Tigers scratched out the TE Chapter of the playbook?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Have Tigers scratched out the TE Chapter of the playbook?

Sep 20, 2017, 8:06 PM

The TE edition of the Clemson offense seems to have disappeared with the graduation of Jordan Leggett. Stats show 6 catches by the 3 guys so far this year, but I don't remember any of major impact. I have noticed that each has blown a number of blocking assignments, so maybe that's why nobody is being targeted with the passing game. We will need the threat across the middle before the year is done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have Tigers scratched out the TE Chapter of the playbook?

Sep 20, 2017, 8:08 PM

Don't worry it's still there. Lots of games to be played. Don't want to have film on the entire playbook. Still have a few big games to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 8:09 PM

It's early and they're new to seeing the field this much. We have too much talent at receiver to need TE's catching passes because right now we need to protect KB, I do like our TE's and I do think they'll start to get into the scheme of things soon.

Greenlee has been playing as our primary blocker while

Sep 20, 2017, 8:12 PM

Milan Richard has been more of the pass catcher. He dropped a couple of passes this past game. With that being said, we have so much talent at wr this year that it makes more sense to play more 4 wr sets to take advantage of mismatches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greenlee has been playing as our primary blocker while

Sep 20, 2017, 8:28 PM

S Bell in during obvious passing situations or remain with 4 WR set? As we know we are not going empty backfield to include both.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we even use 4 WR sets?

Sep 21, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Greenlee has been playing as our primary blocker while ]

Even when we go empty, we have a TE and RB lined up as a receiver.

Yes, and we've gone 5 wide at times to. Usually, its been

Sep 21, 2017, 9:21 AM

after the defense gets set and the play is changed. I've noticed that our rb will be sent out as the 5th wr. It gives KB 5 targets or the option to take off and run.

Kelly had Milan wide open in the end zone against Louisville

Sep 20, 2017, 8:23 PM

But he didn't pull the trigger. We ended up with a FG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

#2 in country, still national champions

Sep 20, 2017, 8:53 PM

And you find the need to criticize blocking and play calling

You aren't at a good place in your life are you? Maybe call your EAP hotline and get some yardage out of that benefit

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been smokin' the hippie cabbage long?

Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 PM

Legit question & observation that maybe they weren't getting the ball as a reward for blocking well

Re: Been smokin' the hippie cabbage long?

Sep 21, 2017, 7:06 AM

Maybe we haven't used them much because we haven't needed to. Seriously people get tired of the constant negativity you attempt to bring to this board especially when there is nothing for any reasonable CLEMSON FAN to be negative about. That must be why they call you coach coot.

Let's expand that thought........

Sep 20, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to #2 in country, still national champions ]

Reigning Natty Champ, 2 consecutive Natty appearances, just destroyed 2 ranked opponents, talking heads discussing as legit number one team in 'murica, near unanimous opines Dabo & Co. are doing great and wonderous things with more to come, talent stacked up for years, the envy of football world and the faithfull still question play calling, who is on the field, who is not on the field, who gets the ball, why some one doesn't get the ball, worry this, concern that.

Guys, we are on a once in lifetime ride. There is a group of trusted staff paid millions per year to produce excellence and they doing pretty darn good job. They got this.

Enjoy the moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure if CoachMac is a "faithful".

Sep 20, 2017, 10:19 PM

Might help explain his constant pessimistic view of Clemson Football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only have one ball??

Sep 20, 2017, 8:56 PM

??

Sep 20, 2017, 9:28 PM

CDS is waiting until we need to get competitive and open the playbook. So far we've only played Kent State, Auburn and Loserville, so we haven't needed any big guns up to this point.

TE chapter is fully intact...

Sep 20, 2017, 9:41 PM

...and will be used at the right time and place against the right opponent. Are you really concerned Jeff and Tony are being neglectful somehow?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we have a TE worth a chit?***

Sep 20, 2017, 10:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Do we have a TE worth a chit?***

Sep 21, 2017, 7:01 AM

Yup, we do. If Elliott/Scott wanted to feature the TE, Richard would get 7-8 catches. It's in their back pocket when they need it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of the reasons we're not undefeated

Sep 21, 2017, 7:04 AM

at the moment, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Looked good in game 1. Two big plays.***

Sep 21, 2017, 8:10 AM

I reckon it's not your question but the way you present it.

Sep 21, 2017, 8:28 AM

Honestly, you'd have come across a lot better had you said 'I wonder why we aren't throwing more to our TE?' There are a couple possibilities as to why we haven't featured the TE more.

I'd say we've probably worked on about 40% of our playbook. We have played two top 15 opponents and only one cupcake so it's still a bit early and I seem to remember our TEs doing more damage on the edge of the field than coming across the middle. Seems like our slot guy has always been the 'across the middle,' threat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic