Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to see that happen to Shaw
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Hate to see that happen to Shaw

Aug 27, 2016, 4:10 PM

Yeah, he's a coot, but he's a baller and gives 110%. I hope he's going to be ok.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what happened ? ...

Aug 27, 2016, 4:11 PM

hurt in a game ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what happened ? ...

Aug 27, 2016, 4:12 PM

severely injured his ankle, pretty gruesome stuff

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaw played way over his head. If you had 22 guys like him

Aug 27, 2016, 4:23 PM

On your start chart, you'd kill it. Admired, but hated to see him on 3rd down against us. Dude had guts.

Agreed!!! I gave him more credit than Spurrier.

Aug 27, 2016, 4:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what happened ? ...

Aug 27, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: what happened ? ... ]

I am praying for him. I don't care that he ticked me off for years while playing Clemson. I hope for a full and quick recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to be that guy, but

Aug 27, 2016, 4:35 PM

You would NEVER see a thread like this on FGF. Ever. I didn't put much stock into that theory until I moved to Columbia 6 months ago.

My goodness these guys have a complex. Clemson is simply better in every regard, including demonstrating class in moments like these. Sure, every fanbase has their bad apples but the ratio in Cola is much, much higher. Maybe it's the heat, who knows.

Either way, I hope Shaw recovers and recovers quickly. I don't care what school he played for I will always respect those with a work ethic and a passion for what they do. #SpursUp (but only this one time, coots).

Re: Hate to be that guy, but

Aug 27, 2016, 4:39 PM

Hell, there are multiple posts on FGF with an expectation/undertone of hope that DW will get hurt this year. It's probably from their small segment of bad apples but still pretty crappy.

Yeah...I actually saw that the other day

Aug 27, 2016, 4:49 PM

Something to the effect of "you go from a Lamborghini to a Kia if Watson is hurt. Just watch."

I'm fairly certain the same could be said of Vince Young and Texas, or Winston and FSU. Or like any good team in the history of good teams.

Like you said, there are bad apples everywhere, but it's hard to argue there aren't more amongst our feathered friends.

Aug 27, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to be that guy, but ]

That ####### idiot gamecock will called in on Walt's show the other day and wanted to make college football season predictions.

His biggest prediction was DW4 getting hurt this year.

Talk about a classy fan base. The obsession is real over there

Aug 27, 2016, 5:26 PM

There have been numerous posts on here making fun of Lattimore's injuries...

I'm not going to let a few idiots represent your entire fanbase.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 27, 2016, 5:48 PM

You're on a thread right now that is sending best wishes to the most successful QB in your school's history.

Aug 27, 2016, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to be that guy, but ]

And besides Lattimore was years ago, seems like forever. I had forgot about him honestly.

The only reason I mention that about Watson is because that is going on right now. Scar''s message boards stay loaded with threads about "if Watson gets hurt" or how bad they want to see it happen

Aug 27, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Hate to be that guy, but ]

Does lying make it easier to hate the Gamecocks?

Of course there would be a similar thread if it was a former Clemson player. But continue to believe half of South Carolinians are innately different than the other half of South Carolinians...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classof09, could you link me to a similar thread on FGF?

Aug 27, 2016, 5:09 PM

I didn't mean to take the spotlight away from Shaw's injury, but the fact is on my brief visits to your forums there seems to be a higher number of posts wishing injury on our plays, mocking injuries, and just overall classlessness. My father went to USC. I went to Clemson. I wasn't exactly sure why he was so adamant I go to Clemson until I got older and started noticing the differences in the game day atmospheres between the two schools.

Again, if you can provide a thread to strengthen your argument I will stand corrected. Just seems like so much more negativity with that bunch.

SILENCE!!

Aug 27, 2016, 5:20 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Classof09, could you link me to a similar thread on FGF?

Aug 27, 2016, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Classof09, could you link me to a similar thread on FGF? ]

Did a a former Clemson player break his leg today?

If not, it would be kind of hard to show you a thread.

I'll give you some keyword help to type in FGF

Aug 27, 2016, 5:26 PM

Deshaun Watson knee injury

Deshaun Watson broken hand

Mike Williams broken neck

If you can't find a classy thread between those search terms, then we have a serious problem.

Again, just one classy thread and I will stand corrected.

Connor, Bro & Dad all class acts in college FB..

Aug 27, 2016, 5:48 PM

With later two involved in Ga Southern FB program I believe.

Connor was 110% a baller who not only beat our Tigs couple times on desire alone but whom I would have loved to have had on our side at times.

And, he NEVER lost a home game in the #### Roost. Think about that sports fans!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll give you some keyword help to type in FGF

Aug 27, 2016, 5:49 PM [ in reply to I'll give you some keyword help to type in FGF ]

I'm admittedly too lazy to even bother.

As lazy as your team playing the

Aug 27, 2016, 5:51 PM

Citadel apparently!

but not too lazy to post your nonsense here?

Aug 27, 2016, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll give you some keyword help to type in FGF ]

If you're too lazy to back up your claims, then do us all a favor and be too lazy to visit tiger net again.

09' ... You there?

Aug 27, 2016, 5:50 PM [ in reply to I'll give you some keyword help to type in FGF ]

If you need to learn how to do a search, I'm sure help can be found.

Aug 27, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to be that guy, but ]

"Does lying make it easier to hate the Gamecocks?"

Listen dude - we all know what an ^*(*(& you can be at times, but coming on OUR boards calling someone a LIAR is fighting words where I grew up. Maybe you'd better take a chill-pill and come back later this year when you finally win a game.

As much as you wish that was true...

Aug 27, 2016, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to be that guy, but ]

it absolutely isn't.

The vast majority of $CU fans are among the most vile, ignorant, mouthy and deluded in ALL of college athletics.

In fact, it's a reputation your fan base has gone out of its way and worked hard to garner.

The above adjectives are the norm rather than the exception and the fact that you either choose to live in denial or you're simply too blind or ignorant to acknowledge it, doesn't make it any less factual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: As much as you wish that was true...

Aug 27, 2016, 10:01 PM

There is a reason that chicken fans consistently make this list. It is the only top 10 list that they are always on!

http://thespun.com/national/the-10-most-delusional-college-football-fan-bases-ahead-of-2016-season/10

http://thespun.com/features/the-10-most-delusional-fan-bases-in-college-sports

Aug 27, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Hate to be that guy, but ]

Don't think this thread was intended to turn into another immature stab...wish the guy well and move on. Although not a starter, he has shown some staying power in the league. Chances are there will never be another USC QB to own Clemson like he did.

Go Tigers!

Re: Hate to see that happen to Shaw

Aug 27, 2016, 4:37 PM

Prayers for a speedy recovery! Gamecoot or not! Hate to see anyone get injured like that!

Re: i respect Conner... Hate to see the injury.***

Aug 27, 2016, 4:41 PM

Cheap shot?

Aug 27, 2016, 4:57 PM

the way he jumped on him was unnecessary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 4:58 PM

The injury does look bad. Looks like a BS hit as well. Defender jumps at him, grabs his shoulder to pull him forward, then falls on his lower legs and takes his ankle/leg backward in pieces.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Bears-QB-Connor-Shaw-carted-off-with-serious-ankle-injury-47003933

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2016/8/27/12675100/connor-shaw-injury-ankle-chicago-bears-south-carolina-gamecocks

Aug 27, 2016, 5:55 PM

Shaw is a winner. He had our number for a while. Had the Dawgs number as well. He is a winner. Hope the best for him and his family.

AS always, Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 27, 2016, 6:00 PM

Sad to see for certain. Pray for a sound recovery.

Go Tigers!

He's got a good career ahead of him

Aug 27, 2016, 6:02 PM

Replacing that goofy actor who portrayed Lex Luther in Batman V Superman, and will play Luther in the upcoming Justice League movies.

Aug 27, 2016, 6:18 PM

I have mad respect for Connor even though he was a coot. Hope he fully recovers. The kid has heart and can play some football.

Aug 27, 2016, 6:48 PM

All I can say is that I admire and respect Shaw for the way he plays the game. I wish him well. I figured he would be the starter at some point, based on Cleveland being Cleveland.

Aug 27, 2016, 10:58 PM

I hope he has a full recovery. Rivals aside I never like to see a guy trying to making in the NFL get hurt (I may make an exception for Crablegs Winston).

Aug 28, 2016, 2:29 PM

Todd Ellis 2.0

There does not exist a Tiger fan who detests the Chickens

Aug 28, 2016, 3:08 PM

any more than I do.....however, Shaw was a hell of a football player, period. A tough SOB, who along with only a couple of other former Cluckers, gets nothing but respect from me. That kid deserves nothing but respect from us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There does not exist a Tiger fan who detests the Chickens

Aug 28, 2016, 4:43 PM

Shaw caused us a ton of pain and, for that, he's earned my respect. Good kid and a straight baller, indeed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There does not exist a Tiger fan who detests the Chickens

Aug 28, 2016, 5:46 PM [ in reply to There does not exist a Tiger fan who detests the Chickens ]

Nothing but respect for Shaw. A tough player, hard worker, and a gamer.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic