Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to say this, but I will be pulling for LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Hate to say this, but I will be pulling for LSU

Dec 20, 2018, 10:00 PM

Just to shut the mouthy UCF fans up. Don't like either team, but UCF has a bunch of arrogant fans. My son was treated like a 2nd class citizen when he was attending a smaller school in Orlando. Not only him, but that was how they treated all of the students from the school he attended.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to say this, but I will be pulling for LSU

Dec 20, 2018, 10:19 PM

Thought you said your son was in school in FL. He must be at a wannabe school in cola who also wants to be "somebody special".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 10:25 PM

He graduated in 2000. Don't ever say that about him. I didn't say anything to you so back off. He was in Florida and not that crack school in the midlands.

I'm not sure why you think they are arrogant.

Aug 17, 2022, 9:38 AM

UCF is a low ranked academic institution which is a fall back option for students in FL who can't get into UF, FSU, or USF.

Their football fans can be mouthy, but I don't blame them - they win all of their games, usually by a significant margin, and yet they can't even sniff the playoffs to get a chance to compete for a championship. I don't think that is fair.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm not sure why you think they are arrogant.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:37 PM

I think it's entirely fair. Their strength of schedule holds them back. BTW, they need to schedule Florida even at the 2 for 1 on the table.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you think they are arrogant. ]

Shoot I say let’s get them and Memphis in the ACC and see how they do. They will lose to LSU and it’s gonna be great that all of there crap talking about being undefeated and “National Champs” will be over.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you think they are arrogant. ]

Largest public school by attendance in US. Over 60k students. Not sure about academics but with that amount of alumni they should be able to build that program fast, have plenty of booster support and fill an 80k stadium every week. If their dedication remains elevated with good play, I could see Big 12 trying to lock them up asap to get the last big market in FL

They lost all my respect

Dec 21, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why you think they are arrogant. ]

When they turned down a 2 for 1 with Florida. It shows they don’t care about making it into the playoff they just want to sit on the side and complain.

If they wanted a legitimate shot at the playoff, they should have min 3 P5 teams on their schedule every year.

You do know this wasn't a true 2 for 1

Dec 21, 2018, 2:16 PM

It was 2 in Gainesville at 1 at a neutral site.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. I'm hoping UCF beats the brakes off LSU.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:34 PM

I will be more entertained listening to how lowly UCF beat an SEC staple program.But I won't feel bad if they lose either.

It would break the coots hearts . . .

Dec 20, 2018, 11:13 PM

if lowly UCF beat another "Blue Blood" SEC team in a New Year's Six Bowl!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cool. I'm hoping UCF beats the brakes off LSU.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Cool. I'm hoping UCF beats the brakes off LSU. ]

LSU isn't auburn. LSU is going to absolutely wreck these upstarts and teach them the meaning of STTDB. I'm sorry you won't enjoy this game.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 11:15 PM

I hope UCF pounds them. Then I want to hear how the SEC explains how great they are anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 11:30 PM

I want LSU to win, So the NCAA does award OUR Natty to ucf

They will claim that LSU didn't want to be there***

Dec 21, 2018, 8:12 AM

Dec 21, 2018, 8:19 AM

Actually, UCF has a 26 game win streak, longest in the nation. Plus, they beat the team (AU) that beat Alabama last year (even though CLEMSON could not beat Bama). If I were a UCF fan, I'd be upset that UCF is not considered as a viable candidate. If ND can get into the CFP without having to play that 13th game like the rest of us, then UCF deserves a shot having WON their CC game.

You ever watched them play? They're pretty darn good.

That said, I don't want them in the ACC (academic reasons).

Dec 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

I know everyone hates the "they didn't want to be there" excuse, but does anyone actually believe UCF got the same effort out of Auburn as Georgia and Bama did in the regular season when Auburn was still competing for an SEC title and CFP berth? Can you imagine the feelings of our players and fans last year had we lost the ACC Championship Game to Miami, and instead of heading to the CFP we got a bowl game against UCF? A win is still a win I suppose, but it's just not the same IMO.

As far as the comment of them getting in because the played a CC game... yeah beating Memphis for a 2nd time this season after only beating them by 1 point really means something. That's a Memphis team btw that lost 65-33 to a middle of the pack SEC Missouri team the very week after UCF beat Memphis 31-30. Heck, last year UCF had to go to double overtime to beat Memphis in the CC game.

Their run has been good and all, but I lost sympathy for them with the whole NC claiming thing, and now with them turning down Florida's offer of a 2 for 1 series deal that would actually add a credible OOC game to their schedule because "they're a top 10 program and top 10 programs don't do 2 for 1 deals." Then they'll go back to claiming they can't get difficult OOC games because everyone is too scared to play them.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:09 AM

They also beat the snot out of the ACC coastal champion.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:16 AM

Yeah? So did Clemson and Penn State, and even a 2-9 UNC team beat Pitt. Heck, Duke beat the Big 10 West champion by 14 points so let's put Duke in the CFP too.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:54 AM

Those teams didn’t go undefeated.

Because they played a real schedule....

Dec 21, 2018, 10:51 AM

Remind us all about how UCF played some powerhouse schedule to go unbeaten.
With Duke’s schedule they lose 2 or games.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to say this, but I will be pulling for LSU ]

Actually, UCF has a 26 game win streak, longest in the nation. Plus, they beat the team (AU) that beat Alabama last year (even though CLEMSON could not beat Bama). If I were a UCF fan, I'd be upset that UCF is not considered as a viable candidate. If ND can get into the CFP without having to play that 13th game like the rest of us, then UCF deserves a shot having WON their CC game.

You ever watched them play? They're pretty darn good.

That said, I don't want them in the ACC (academic reasons).

Beating the team that beat Alabama doesn't mean squat. Obviously, we beat that same Auburn team they did... so what!

Dec 21, 2018, 9:20 AM

People also like to overlook that Auburn beat Georgia and Bama at home, and that Georgia beat Auburn 28-7 in the SEC Championship game on the same field UCF beat Auburn on. In fact, Auburn lost 4 games last season, and all 4 were away from home.

I hope that UCF destroys LSU.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:01 AM

Why? Many reasons. But that doesn't matter

What matters is your child's school choice.

My guess is Valencia. You don't sound like Rollins people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 10:21 AM

Dec 21, 2018, 1:13 PM

I hope they beat the s hit out of LSU and then cry cry cry .

LSU doesn't need our help.***

Dec 21, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not pulling for an SEC school because of UCF fans

Dec 22, 2018, 11:28 AM

It's not worth it. UCF should be proud that they have accomplished the best that is possible. I don't have to love their fans to know how that feels.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic