Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to get the bball haters mad, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,070

Hate to get the bball haters mad, but

Feb 3, 2014, 11:35 AM

Clemson is a team on the rise. This year is just a treat. Next year we can expect great things!

Go Tigers! Beat Tech!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Wait til next year!

Feb 3, 2014, 11:50 AM

Seems I've heard that somewhere before.

Re: Wait til next year!

Feb 3, 2014, 11:52 AM

You have. Its Scars motto

No seniors.... bring the whole team back...

Feb 3, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Wait til next year! ]

but nice try. Only idiots can't see this teams potential.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: No seniors.... bring the whole team back...

Feb 3, 2014, 12:04 PM

I don't care if you gave all of our players (next year's players included) 10 years to play at Clemson. They would never be able to compete with the ACC elite. We just don't have the talent. And we never will as long as Cuse, Pitt, Duke, and UNC are in the conference. History backs this up.

I like coach BB. He's one of the best coaches we've ever had. Unfortunately, the talent gap has nothing to do with coaching. Elite players just don't want to come here. And as long as those 4 programs are in the ACC, they never will. And who can blame them?

Giving up and accepting failure is not the answer.***

Feb 3, 2014, 1:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 3, 2014, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: No seniors.... bring the whole team back... ]

You do know that we, Clemson, beat Duke this year. Yet you state "I don't care if you gave all of our players (next year's players included) 10 years to play at Clemson. They would never be able to compete with the ACC elite. We just don't have the talent. And we never will as long as Cuse, Pitt, Duke, and UNC are in the conference. History backs this up."

Ironic post is ironic.

Feb 3, 2014, 4:16 PM

So the blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. We need to put our effort, money, resources, and concentration on what we're good at. And that is football and baseball. End the basketball program, repurpose Littlejohn for something else (tearing it down costs money), save the money on LJ renovations/new arena and put it toward the future of football and baseball.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but here is a comprehensive history of Clemson futility...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Clemson_Tigers_men%27s_basketball_seasons

Besides.....

Feb 3, 2014, 4:38 PM

...what happened after we beat (an unfocused) Duke? We got our a$$e$ reamed by Pitt and a bad UNC team. It's time to shut down the program.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...102 years and counting.

Re: No seniors.... bring the whole team back...well

Feb 3, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to No seniors.... bring the whole team back... ]

sort of. one will leave as the two new signees will put us one over the limit on scholarships unless someone is coming on an academic scholarship or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NBA opportunity for McDaniels

Feb 3, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to No seniors.... bring the whole team back... ]

Hopefully the other players can develop into better scorers to help our offense next year (with or without McDaniels). Our defense will keep us in most games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ is most likely gone***

Feb 3, 2014, 6:07 PM [ in reply to No seniors.... bring the whole team back... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Hate to get the bball haters mad, but

Feb 3, 2014, 11:57 AM

I concur with your analysis, that this team is a work in progress, and this is mainly a year of continued development. Next year, I think that Nnoko finally develops enough of a low post game to get some defensive attention, rather than merely playing defense and getting a few put backs. Djitte and Djambo continue to develop and improve, and then we finally get some more reliable outside shooters, Rooks and the youngster from Shelby, and Blossingame continues to heal from his injury, and develops into both a low post and perimeter scorer. Bottom line, is next year we'll have excellent defense, good depth and much more offensive firepower, and McDaniels will be a BEAST!!! NCAA tournament, here we come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you love to get the bball haters mad***

Feb 3, 2014, 12:32 PM

Re: Hate to get the bball haters mad, but

Feb 3, 2014, 12:54 PM

What in the world is this post supposed to mean? We are 2 games above .500 in conference play & you are saying that we have no shot at beating anybody ranked or in the standings above us?

Your post is APPAULING! Feel better now?

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic