Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to be a negative Nancy on a day like today but.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Hate to be a negative Nancy on a day like today but.......

Sep 3, 2013, 3:39 PM

I have a request for Dabo.

Some of my greatest memories of Clemson games when I was a kid was seeing Woody Dantzler come to the top of the hill throwing punches in the air like a boxer and Tye Hill being held back by one of his teammates like a caged animal.

I love you Dabo, but the hill is for the players. I want to see them, not you standing there clapping.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.***

Sep 3, 2013, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree.***

Sep 3, 2013, 3:44 PM

I remember when I was a young chap , my daddy told me if I had a icecream cone in each hand , I would be crying for another one .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly these clowns always have to find something to cry

Sep 3, 2013, 9:02 PM

about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree.***

Sep 3, 2013, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Agree.*** ]

While I agree with your point to some degree. Dabo is the leader and face of Clemson Football !!! I love that he runs down the hill!! Let's stop being a nick picker and just enjoy the season .

Boy, there's a shocker.***

Sep 3, 2013, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Agree.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Hate to be a negative Nancy on a day like today but.......

Sep 3, 2013, 3:41 PM

He leads by example. The tigers have followed his example. I guess it is true that there is always something to complain about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you whiners want to go back to the mediocre

Sep 3, 2013, 9:03 PM

Clemson team Woody and Hill played on too huh?

Sep 3, 2013, 3:42 PM

totally disagree, dabo is part of/leader of team

Sep 3, 2013, 7:27 PM

Exactly! I think having a coach who is excited and wants to be part of the tradition is great.

And I didn't think it was as good when the players were already halfway down the hill before the cannon went off.

Sep 3, 2013, 3:44 PM

Hey there are a few dawgs and coots here in hiding. At least 4 so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 3:48 PM

Fair point, but I like Dabo being there. He wears his emotions on his sleeve; he loves the atmosphere and tradition at Clemson and seems to want to be an integral part of it. This is one manifestation of that.

I appreciate the spirit behind wanting to see the players up there front and center, but I like seeing the coach right up there w/ his players. Either way, it is still the most exciting 25 seconds in college football. We’ve got it good!

Dabo built this team. He can lead it to the top of the hill.***

Sep 3, 2013, 3:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Sep 3, 2013, 3:50 PM

As long as half the team hasn't made it half way down the hill before the cannon goes off (2003), then I'm fine with it.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

And this is a great memory of mine...

Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM

So tough that the leader of our team gets to be up there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I concur but...

Sep 3, 2013, 3:54 PM

He stood up there as a quality recruiter. Many kids saw that and could relate with him. Imagine your a HS player thinking, "Hey, I met him. He came to see me play before. I spoke to him the other day. I want to be right there with them, running down The Hill."

He is the leader of the team.

Sep 3, 2013, 3:57 PM

And has never been anything but humble about himself. Geesh!

Dabo's givin his 110%....and then some....

Sep 3, 2013, 4:00 PM

Keep still.... The Team Leaders will get their chance at the top of the hill.

I'd say he's earned it....

Sep 3, 2013, 4:02 PM

The man clearly loves Clemson University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'd say he's earned it....

Sep 3, 2013, 4:12 PM

I love Clemson University more than Dabo.

I was here before him and will still be here when he's gone.

Can I stand at the top of the hill Saturday?

Sure you can....

Sep 3, 2013, 4:15 PM

either before or after the game ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:07 PM

Skeeter you are pitiful. Oh and by the way its not about you or your childhood memories or what you want. To even post that Was pure ignorance and stupidity!

Sep 3, 2013, 4:11 PM

Wow. Those are some harsh words for a lifelong, diehard Clemson fan.

Sorry I would rather see the players decked out in all orange jumping around instead of a 40 year old in khakis and a polo standing there clapping.

Just close your eyes and don't look. Really pretty simple!!

Sep 3, 2013, 10:06 PM

And then your childhood memories won't be disturbed.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:07 PM

Then don't be one! I have no problem with Dabo being up front--he is the leader. I think if we won the NC there would still be a bunch of complainers within a minute of the end of the game.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Meh.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:14 PM

One of the things that always irritated me about CTB was that he let his players run a bit too much of the show, including walking halfway down the Hill before the cannon fired. When we played Georgia in 2003 Justin Miller was practically standing in the endzone when the band started Tiger Rag. (Miller then proceeded to get smoked by Fred Gibson for a 50+ yard touchdown on like the third play from scrimmage.)

From CDS' first game against Georgia Tech through the game Saturday night against UGA, I can hardly remember any player so much as putting a toe on the carpet prior to hearing that cannon fire. Not a huge deal. But I think it's a small commentary on the type of ship CDS runs, his command of the players, and their respect for him.

Plus, we all know that one of Dabo's primary strengths as a HC is motivating and cheerleading. In that capacity I don't mind him leading the team onto the field.

Re: Meh.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:27 PM

Agree completely. It is the small details and discipline that make the difference. Like making everyone stay in line when we march to the end zone arm in arm. Like making the punter (don't remember his name) run BACK into the field and run off because he walked off after a bad punt. I think it's all part of the culture change we're seeing and I love it.

You'll just have to fight through it.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:17 PM

Dabo has a child-like heart. He's full of emotions and very protective of his character, his players and his University. He wept when he got the opportunity to become our Head Coach and may never be able to subdue his emotions.

I'm not elated about some of his rants but I've come to understand, that's just Dabo. You can't expect the man to act like he's been there until he goes there at least once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

instigate much ? talk about nit-picking, jeez, man.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:24 PM

as the head coach of our team, he has the right to decide if he wants to run down the hill with his team , or, meet them at the bottom with the rest of the staff.

Re: instigate much ? talk about nit-picking, jeez, man.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:26 PM

absolutely agree!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: instigate much ? talk about nit-picking, jeez, man.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to instigate much ? talk about nit-picking, jeez, man. ]

Not instigating.

I've been wanting to post this for a while to see what everybody else thought.

Some of you are touchy.

ford always lead his teams down the hill

Sep 3, 2013, 4:29 PM

And his players would go out and kill teams for him.....sane to be said for dabo

Now that you're a teenager you might remember Tommy

Sep 3, 2013, 4:31 PM

Bowden took that approach and caught all kinds of grief when the team started showboating and dancing 3/4 the way down the hill before the cannon fired.

On a side note, I remember when I was a kid, watching Danny's teams stay at the top of the hill and remain at least somewhat composed before running down on cue. I'm seeing similar results on the field now with Dabo. Let him handle the team. He's doing a better job.

Go to 4:30 in this video and watch a composed, focused team, run down the hill and go on to beat UGA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYtkCmJAIGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so glad they ignored the classless thugs taunting them

Sep 3, 2013, 4:32 PM

at the bottom of the hill...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every team that has done that has lost. Honestly, I had

Sep 3, 2013, 4:36 PM

mixed feelings about this game. I thought we would probably lose. As soon as I saw UGA taunting the team at the bottom of the hill, I knew we would win. We won as soon as I saw that. Game over. They were intimidated and undisciplined. It showed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, I had the same feelings when I saw it. I'm glad

Sep 3, 2013, 4:38 PM

we had the composure to not have a brawl like the last time it occurred. Only real chippiness was on kick returns that I noticed.

Yep, 10 years ago, when we played UGA

Sep 3, 2013, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Now that you're a teenager you might remember Tommy ]

Tommy let the team fill up pretty much the entire hill before the cannon even went off. It looked stupid and we went on to get our butts handed to us 30-0. I like the way Dabo does it much better.

GO TIGERS

Was that the UGA game? I remember he caught all kinds

Sep 3, 2013, 4:47 PM

of grief after that game and it immediately got better the next week. Didn't remember it was the UGA game, but that sounds right now that you mention it.

You're right...see video

Sep 3, 2013, 4:50 PM

Let this be a lesson about how not to run down the hill. The results speak for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WONZs_Y64

Honestly, I don't remember Clemson having

Sep 3, 2013, 4:31 PM

a Whining and Bitching major when I was there, but there are some ###### pros here

Why do people have to nitpick everything our coach does?***

Sep 3, 2013, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were the ones moaning about hiring someone that

Sep 3, 2013, 10:10 PM

was "just an assistant coach and had never been a coordinator". At least he knows how to lead the team down the hill. Right on Dabo.

Sep 3, 2013, 4:57 PM

Oh yea I much rather have the players halfway down the hill before the cannon sounds...a la Bowden era. Another great idea from TigerNet...

Crump <3 $EC

I'd wager a guess that you don't "hate" to be negative

Sep 3, 2013, 5:02 PM

I get you may not like him leading the team down, but I can't imagine that being my first post after a huge win like Saturday night.

Re: I'd wager a guess that you don't "hate" to be negative

Sep 3, 2013, 6:54 PM

Just my opinion.

I think it's kinda tacky.

Re: I'd wager a guess that you don't "hate" to be negative

Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 PM

How is a head coach leading his team into the stadium "tacky" in any way??? Most teams are led onto the field by their coach.

Gideon led the Army of Israel into battle from the front...

Sep 3, 2013, 9:03 PM

...and they walloped the Midianites.

I can think of no finer place of honor for the leader of the Sons of Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang...seeing woody as a kid...I am old***

Sep 3, 2013, 9:04 PM

Another 35 yr-old who never grew up

Sep 3, 2013, 11:04 PM

and still thinks life is about himself. Life is different than the video games you're still playing, Skeeter.

Dabo Swinney is the Head Football Coach, and a mighty fine one, of the Clemson University Tigers. As head coach and leader, he'll decide if he wants to run down the Hill. And you and everybody else should shut your mouth otherwise.

I agree but as long as they stay behind the rock until the

Sep 3, 2013, 11:08 PM

canon sounds...I like what ever they can come up with at that moment..

I could not disagree more.

Sep 3, 2013, 11:22 PM

I love the way we run down the hill now. It's organized, players stay at the top of the hill like they are supposed to, and Dabo leads the way. This is a huge improvement over the lack of control Bowden had, with players halfway down the hill before the cannon went off. I personally thought Dantzler looked stupid shadow boxing like that. Save your energy for the game, not showing off at the top of the hill. It's not about one player, but about the team. Dabo gets it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic