Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to ask a downer question, but this IS a message board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,340

Hate to ask a downer question, but this IS a message board

Apr 17, 2020, 11:33 AM

and it IS a sports topic.

Is anyone worried at all about players (all sports, but I am thinking primarily of football) maintaining academic eligibility once things return to "normal"? With the spring (and now summer) classes being delivered online, the athletes may not have access to several of the academic tools normally available to them - learning centers, study halls, tutors, academic advisors, coaches.

Seems like it could be fairly easy to fall behind. I feel sure Dabo has a plan, but it seems like this, in addition to disruption in the physical conditioning side of being a student athlete, could present significant issues for many schools (except, of course, UNC).

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to ask a downer question, but this IS a message board

Apr 17, 2020, 11:44 AM

Dabo and DRad addressed these issues. Umm, believe it was the Dabo and press q and a that talked about this.

Clemson came up with an excellent way to address all these concerns and the students are getting all the services they're accustomed too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has done a pretty good job of handling the academic

Apr 17, 2020, 12:23 PM

side to all of this. There was a practiced eLearning day a few weeks before all this went down and now they're helping faculty address their needs, in addition to all of the issues and outages caused by the tornadoes.

The students will likely get the same help they could have, perhaps even more with additional downtime since we're all stuck inside mostly. I'd more worry about nutritional help and exercise equipment they may be lacking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,340
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic