Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to admit it but I dislike playing half the boring teams in the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hate to admit it but I dislike playing half the boring teams in the ACC

Sep 25, 2019, 11:03 PM

Saying, I'd like to not only switch teams but the stadiums, towns & fans.

Get rid of Duke, Louisville, Pitt, Cuse, wF, BC..

and play UGa, LSU, TN, FL, Missy, Auburn.

I know, i know..but those above ACC teams are a bore to me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to admit it but I dislike playing half the boring teams in the ACC

Sep 25, 2019, 11:06 PM

I think you prefer beating up on overrated SEC teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 6:59 AM

So, you are just an SEC fan since you didn't mention any good teams from other conferences. Sorry, I disagree but appreciate your opinion.

Did you watch UCF vs Pitt last Saturday? If not, you missed the best, most competitive game of the week imo.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 25, 2019, 11:10 PM

There is nothing more boring than overrated SEC teams with unimaginative offenses and overrated defenses of the SEC teams that proclaim each other great. SEC - Sorry Excuse Conference

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 11:17 PM

I have to disagree Bill and here's why:
Duke: only a 30min or so drive for me, good food and beer places, no fans fans throwing crap at us
Louisville: Bourbon, not terribly far, bourbon, never been so don't know fans, did I mention bourbon?
Pitt: Never been so no opinion
Cuse: Okay I'll give you that one
BC: Boston is a great place to visit, easy in/out via T, incredible food, would class beer nice fans
WF: Another short drive, like going to a home away from home game there we fill it up. Good food/beer in WS
I am cool with a home/away series with all those other teams but no way no how am I ever going to a game at Georgia....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 12:42 AM

I've been to a game at UGA, and it isn't really all that bad once you get into your vehicle, lock your doors, and get on the main Hwy getting out of there. But before all that happens, you are as sure as you have been with anything in your, that you are going to be killed or seriously damaged before you get to your vehicle, or one of their fans are going to be killed by you before it happens to you. I will gladly swear that the trip back to my truck for me and my lady friend, evry step that I took was with my right hand around my 22 magnum derringer with the hammer cocked back bc most of them are single action. But anyway, these 3 male UGA harassed us all the way back to my truck with them 3 threatening to rape my girl friend and kill me. I believe the only thing that stopped them from hurting us, was they saw my hand in my pocket with me telling them that the first one that touched me or my girl would die that night, and that is what made them believe that I did have my hand on my gun, and I did, and I had decided that the first sign of us being assaulted, that I would killed that one first and hope that I could get off another shot before the other two got to me bc those derringers were difficult to #### and shoot with any speed. And no, never in my life time will I ever return to Sanford stadium. I wouldn't go back there with two free 50 yard line Tics in the lower bowl, not me!!! I would give the Tics away with my experience there when I went that once!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are imbeciles like the coots...we ran into so many

Sep 26, 2019, 12:51 AM

rude dawgs when they were visiting us for the 2013 game! Never been around a visiting fan base that was so unruly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 5:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Hate to admit it but I dislike playing half the boring teams in the ACC ]

Generally once you shoot the first one the others tend to scatter, no one wants to be the second one shot after seeing what just happened to Jeb

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to admit it but I dislike playing half the boring teams in the ACC ]

You can find cold beer and good food anywhere. Lol.

Sep 26, 2019, 12:00 AM

So do I Bill, and when others on the outside talk about how chitty our conference is, as bad as we hate hearing it, we know that they are right. But what is even as bad as hearing how lousy our conference is in FB, we know that the powers that heads up our conference, they do nothing about encouraging the really bad FB programs to get better, or they could be replace with teams that will and would want to if they had the advantages and the backing of a conference as the ACC could have for lesser programs on the outside of our conference!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 6:37 AM

Nothing ever boring about watching Clemson football under Dabo. I agree some games are obviously better than others. This UNC game will be great even if they suck. We will pour it on.

More than 1/2 lightbulb***

Sep 26, 2019, 6:45 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To each their own. I’ve said often here that our conference

Sep 26, 2019, 6:53 AM

gives us the best of both worlds. Super-easy day trips to GT, Duke, NCSU, UNC, VT and Wake. Great weekend trips to fun towns like Boston, Miami, Louisville, Pittsburgh and the NY Upstate.

I see nothing interesting about playing teams like Vandy, UK, Ole Miss, Miss State, Missouri Or Arkansas. Florida is overrated and Tenn is pathetic. We already play the Gamecocks, one other SEC team (and generally a good program like Auburn, A&M or UGA) and lately we are almost guaranteed to see a third SEC program in the playoffs.

null

Don't want to leave the ACC..Just want better games!

Sep 26, 2019, 9:47 AM

I love winning as much as any Clemson fan. I also remember very dark times when we as a fan base could only dream of having the success we are enjoying.

With the said...Blowing out everyone is not fun either. I admit that while watching the Charlotte game, when Trevor was pulled early in the 2nd qtr I switched to the UGA-ND game just kept the Clemson game on in the background.

While I enjoy dominating the rest of the league, I would like to see the rest of the ACC get better so we can enjoy better games.

I certainly don't want to leave the ACC as a founding member.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Don't want to leave the ACC..Just want better games!

Sep 26, 2019, 3:35 PM

We would lose a lot if we went to another conference, so that isn't a choice I would want to see us take. But I do believe that the ACC should have a standard that sports should uphold, or make them drop the sport. There is an educational score we have to maintain to stay in the ACC, so it should at least have a standard for sports to be able to offer that sport!!!

Sep 26, 2019, 12:00 PM

Well that’s a sign it’s probably time to retire from the football field and move to the stands as a spectator Bill........

Sep 26, 2019, 3:39 PM

I would rather see us pick up some games from the BIG or even the PAC12.

Sep 26, 2019, 4:22 PM

Well get used to it for a while. All everyone does is complain about the ACC and the Tigers weak schedule.

When a team (Clemson) destroys the supposedly best college football team ever assembled (Bama) 44 - 16, then Clemson becomes the G.O.A.T.

The rest of the ACC teams are holding their own beating SEC schools, going to and winning bowl games and as previously mentioned Pitt beat the self-proclaimed National Champions UCF.

Since Bama normally goes through the SEC like a hot knife through butter only to be challenged by UGA in the championship, what do you think Clemson would do in the SEC? They proved last year, they were 28 points better than the best the SEC could put on the field.

Enjoy the ride. GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 10:50 PM

go back in time and watch Clemson's '68, 69, '70 seasons if you can find them. Then come back and tell us if you still feel the same way. Relativity.

Sep 26, 2019, 10:58 PM

forgot to mention '71, '72, '73, , '74, '76. The decade of darkness from the end of Frank Howard to the restoration by Pell and Ford.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:00 PM

Oh, and the rock bottom year '75.

It definitely isn't as exciting, LB, BUT

Sep 26, 2019, 11:16 PM

it sure is better for my ole ticker.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:33 PM

Let me think about this for a moment.....You know what....I'm good!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic