Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to Ruin The Pity Party But a 12 Point Win and Inside
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Hate to Ruin The Pity Party But a 12 Point Win and Inside

Sep 21, 2013, 1:48 PM

The Opponent's 30 Being Able to Hit a Chip Shot Field Goal or Another TD is not an "Ugly Win" Could Have Clemson Played Better, of Course, but Road Wins are Always Tough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to Ruin The Pity Party But a 12 Point Win and Inside

Sep 21, 2013, 1:51 PM

tell Desomond Howard and Jesse Palmer the two ESPN idiots. they seem to be the only ones incapable of grasping this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to Ruin The Pity Party But a 12 Point Win and Inside

Sep 21, 2013, 1:52 PM

I'll glady take 19 more ugly wins than any "pretty" loss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you Danny***

Sep 21, 2013, 2:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it brother, its just the new dumber crowd

Sep 21, 2013, 1:53 PM

Bunch of #######!!!!

Go Tigers!!!

No. Some of us just listen to what coaches and players

Sep 21, 2013, 2:10 PM

say. They keep telling us they have turned the corner on fundamentals and execution implying we should never again worry about "pulling a Clemson" (I exaggerate slightly). But only one game has given those of us who watch closely any evidence that is true of the starters. So, I'll continue to complain until they start to live up to their words. Or they shut up about it.

Granted a win is a win. But no win guarantees the next one. Playing better football each game is a better sign than just winning while playing more like the "old" team.

Re: No. Some of us just listen to what coaches and players

Sep 21, 2013, 2:58 PM

Not sure how long you have been a fan of Clemson, but I see a very big difference in this team than what was coached by Bowden. I don't see this team looking like all is lost when times get hard or things dont go there way. The last time I saw that look from us was the Orange Bowl right after Andre "fumbled" at the goal line and it was taken for a TD. This team's body language and demeaner look alot more like the Teams of Coach Ford's in that they will fight to the end. Complain all you want, cause you have that right, but at least complain about something meaningful...Was I glad we got the win...of course, but was not pleased with the way our offense looked...or our defense on that last drive...this is only the second year in a very long time that I have not been worried about whether we will beat the teams we should beat...that my fellow fan is a #### good feeling to have...FSU and USUC will be challenges and won't be easy wins just like GA wasn't..but this will be a GREAT YEAR TO BE A TIGER

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that, my friend, is SPOT ON

Sep 21, 2013, 3:04 PM

night and day difference between the last two years and Bowden's teams. Not even up for debate. Those of us old enough to see Danny's teams smell something familiar in the air. Character, discipline, fight, passion, etc.. These kids believe in themselves and don't feel lucky to beat the Georgia's or the LSU's. You can look at their body language and tell they EXPECT to win.

You see things I don't . I still see the kind of playing

Sep 21, 2013, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: No. Some of us just listen to what coaches and players ]

that can lead to an "unexpected loss". I don't expect every game to be the best the team has ever played. But I still see things that keep me nervous about those kinds of losses. What is different is this team both has the skills and the knowledge to pull out wins when the situation is really competitive and tough (like UGA and LSU). That is the big difference over the past decade or two (I have been a fan at least that long).

So I worry less about FSU and more about...I don't know, MD maybe. Maybe we won't get blown out by any team we should beat like before. But we could still lose in a 'close one.' Don't see that as any better. Still behind the team 120%. Just expect more from the talent especially when the players and coaches keep criticizing us for not believing we will see more - or better fundamentals and execution and blah blah.

Not sure but coaches and players probably are not concerned

Sep 21, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to No. Some of us just listen to what coaches and players ]

what fickle fans think about the win so you're probably whistling in the wind!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay. But I'm still whisting with a pretty large crowd of

Sep 21, 2013, 4:01 PM

whistlers....

ummm. we didn't pull a Clemson. We WON. Pulling a Clemson

Sep 21, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to No. Some of us just listen to what coaches and players ]

starts with:

1. Losing
2. When you are supposed to win.

We
1. Won
2. When we were supposed to win.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

exactly. all these people calling for "blow outs" do not

Sep 21, 2013, 2:00 PM

realize that a thursday night road win (and i would guess that the % is even lower than a normal saturday game)is not the easiest thing in the world to get. a statistician ( which i am not) could figure out the winning % of visiting teams, and i would venture to say that it's not very high.(with google all i could find is actual teams winning percentages.)

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

agreed

Sep 21, 2013, 2:22 PM

some folks think that it's like a video game or something because we have an explosive offense. Newsflash: other D Coordinators have skill and talent to work with and NCSU's DL was one of the best we'll face. There's a couple there who'll play on sunday and though our OL didn't bring their "A" game, NCSU is going to disrupt some seasons this year. They usually do.

Wait until we run up against the FSU wall.

Sep 21, 2013, 2:24 PM

They may make the NSCU front look like SC State.

i think we'll match up better against Free Shoes actually

Sep 21, 2013, 2:35 PM

they get burned sometimes because they try to out-athlete you whereas teams like NCSU have not as many future NFL players and they are always better coached fundamentally. They KNOW they have to play their best to beat you where Free Shoes always has a tendency to break down fundamentally. Chad has been scheming them all off season, trust that. Our O will be ready for them and our D will have their ears pinned back for them too.

Too early to tell but FSU is much better at holding off

Sep 21, 2013, 2:44 PM

points and pressuring the pass than you give them credit (by numbers). But I wonder if FSU will have been tested enough before they come up against us. MD may be the toughest o-line they face and I don't put them at the top of the ACC. Of course, our o-line has to do better than it did against NCSU especially on the corners. Or Boyd will be in for a loooong bruising game.

good points but i still think that they have some Georgia

Sep 21, 2013, 2:53 PM

in their DNA...ton of talent, undercoached and can be burned by athletic teams who play fundamentally sound. I can't help but think that Chad will have some wrinkles put in for that game. They will lose a game this year they shouldn't, mark it down. Folks talk about "Clemsoning" but i think that "FSUing" or "Georgiaing" should be a word too. Our talent is up, our coaching is up, our character is up, this year particularly. I'd love to see what our staff or some other staffs would do with FSU or Georgia's talent. I think it would be ridiculous.

The Tigers need to work on "fundamentally sound" play

Sep 21, 2013, 3:05 PM

as you describe it. Sure, playing teams they expected to beat may be a part of it, but we still missed a number of full body contact tackles versus UGA, for example. Not fundamentally sound playing in my book.

of course they do and BV is blasting them about it

Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM

you can count on that. I get what you're saying completely but there is a different air about the program and I have no worries. I've been a Tiger Fan since '77 and i personally think that we have the best staff in place from top to bottom that we've ever had, to include Danny's teams. We had better defensive talent back then but our offense was average to good at best. This team is continuing to develop a pass rush, LB play is miles better than the recent past and our offense continues to put points on the board. We will be fine....taking it week by week, methodically.

We Will Do Fine Against FSU......Playing at Home is Huge

Sep 21, 2013, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Wait until we run up against the FSU wall. ]

Plus for our offense. Hostile environments really hurt the speed and efficiency of our offense. FSU's truly has played no one and their toughest competition prior to coming to Clemson will be Maryland. I wouldn't declare FSU anything but hype yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guessing is the best way to do stats.

Sep 21, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to exactly. all these people calling for "blow outs" do not ]

The reality is that the stats say the opposite. So in this case, you are just fabricating a statistic to suit your agenda. Tigernet style.

Perfect games are rare

Sep 21, 2013, 2:05 PM

Some seem to think a team is garbage if every game is not perfection. All I care about is winning.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Perfect games are rare

Sep 21, 2013, 2:36 PM

What is easy about a Thursday night ROAD game ....regardless of the opponent?

I hate Thursday games. I hate night game. I dislike fans who gripe about everything they can find.

I never expected a Thursday night game at NCSU would be easy***

Sep 21, 2013, 2:51 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That's it exactly. "But NC State could have scored a td that

Sep 21, 2013, 3:16 PM

got called back." Yeah, and Tajh could have hit two wide open receivers for 2 additional td's. And if we'd needed, clemson could have play-called the last drive differently and scored another td or field goal. The game actually wasn't particularly close. Acting like NC State played a close game is like acting as though Clemson played South Carolina close because we weren't getting beaten that badly at the end of the first half.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic