Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has there ever been an individual basketball player at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Has there ever been an individual basketball player at

Feb 10, 2013, 3:51 PM

Clemson who was bashed more than Milton Jennings?

I don't recall anyone who ever received as much venom as Milt. Any care to list players you think got as much heat as Milton?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's probably the most in my lifetime that I can remember

Feb 10, 2013, 3:54 PM

he came in with such fanfare under OP...way overrated and just hasn't progressed much at all. The off the court stuff hasn't helped much either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe David Potter, but he didn't come in with the accolades

Feb 10, 2013, 3:55 PM

Jennings had or the expectations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe David Potter, but he didn't come in with the accolades

Feb 10, 2013, 3:56 PM

good memory. I had kind of blocked him out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep Potter and Jennings both are on the same level imo

Feb 10, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Maybe David Potter, but he didn't come in with the accolades ]

I couldn't care less about expectations comingout of HS. To me it's about being consistent on a game by game basis. Both Potter and Jennings could really help the team but then turn around and make 3 mistakes to counteract one great play.

To be fair, he's measured against expectation.

Feb 10, 2013, 3:59 PM

And he came to Clemson as highly rated as any recruit we've ever had. Other than some flashes of what he's capable of, he's been a disappointment. The fact that he's been in Brownell's dog house on multiple occasions hasn't shown that the fans are wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His only sin is an old white man said he was a McD's AA...***

Feb 10, 2013, 4:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true.

Feb 10, 2013, 4:14 PM

IF, you leave out the pot smoking and fit pitching right in front of God and the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy smokes too...Why does he get a pass?***

Feb 10, 2013, 10:16 PM

Re: His only sin is an old white man said he was a McD's AA...***

Feb 10, 2013, 4:18 PM [ in reply to His only sin is an old white man said he was a McD's AA...*** ]

That coupled with the fact he has been suspended 3 times. 1 time came right before one of the biggest games of this season in which he was arrested for smoking dope. Which I really could care less about. Honestly, he brings most of this on himself. Has nothing to do with him being a McDonald's All American (that hype went out the door the first minute he stepped on a NCAA D1 court). It has more to do with him acting like an 8 year old on the court and his total lack of respect for this program.

His only sin......blah blah blah blah.

No he's problem is his inconsistency. HS hype means nothing

Feb 10, 2013, 4:26 PM [ in reply to His only sin is an old white man said he was a McD's AA...*** ]

I judge a plyer by how they play from game to game. I don't care if you're a 5 or a 2 star out of HS. If you play consistent ball and progress over your career then I have no problem with you even if you don't produce that much, see Bobo. Jennings has great games and horrible games where he looks night and day different. If he was a freshmen of sophmore I'd give him more slack. However he's a senior and supposed ot be a leadr on the team and he still makes the same mistakes that he did as a freshmen which is inexcusable

Exactly, I don't understand why people still hold him at

Feb 10, 2013, 4:32 PM [ in reply to To be fair, he's measured against expectation. ]

those expectations. He's not that good, I've readjusted my expectations of him over a year ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Those that aren't haters don't do that but they are critical

Feb 10, 2013, 4:34 PM

His inconsistency is my main problem with him.

I see that. Don't think you'll see anyone argue that he

Feb 10, 2013, 4:39 PM

isn't inconsistent. In fact, the only consistent thing about him is that he's inconsistent (heh).

He does manage to get boards even when he is atrocious on offense, that's about his only redeeming quality when he's playing poorly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I see that. Don't think you'll see anyone argue that he

Feb 10, 2013, 4:44 PM

Those that don't understand fans complete dislike of Jennings do not factor in the off court problems on Jennings. I have no problem with a player being bad. We have had tons of them in our history. I do have a problem with a player who can't seem to stay out of the doghouse, has no respect for this program, and is providing our underclassmen with a terrible example of what it means to be a leader in this program.

Combine that with being terrible on the court. And this is what you get. Some of the college students on this board have said they aren't going back to a game until he is gone. I don't blame them. Brownell should have benched him a long long time ago. If we are going to stink out loud I would rather us develop youth that WANT to be a part of this program

Chris Hobbs

Feb 10, 2013, 4:07 PM

Three fouls in first five minutes...guaranteed.

Re: Chris Hobbs

Feb 10, 2013, 4:20 PM

Loved Chris Hobbs. He worked hard every night and was a freaking enforcer in the paint. Dude was a TE playing basketball. He was bad, but at least he gave effort every night.

Re: Chris Hobbs

Feb 11, 2013, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Chris Hobbs ]

I loved Hobbs. He might have foul trouble but when he was on the court it was 120% effort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Clark Bynum, but I've only been attending games for 35 years***

Feb 10, 2013, 4:11 PM

I don't understand the bashing at all. If he had come in as

Feb 10, 2013, 4:21 PM

a 2 or 3-Star recruit (which is probably more accurate), he would not have been subjected to so much venom. An honest critique or observation regarding his basketball skills is one thing, but the hatred and bashing I don't get. Yeah, he's screwed up some and made some bad choices; I get that. But he is one of our own and we should be better than that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't understand the bashing at all. If he had come in as

Feb 10, 2013, 4:26 PM

Has more to do with his attitude and lack of respect for the program than anything he has ever done on the court. His attitude on the court and being terrible doesn't help

I don't bash Jennings but I am critical of him

Feb 10, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to I don't understand the bashing at all. If he had come in as ]

but that has absolutly nothign to do with his HS hype. I could care less about that. My biggest problem is that he makes the same mistakes and bone headed moves as a senior that he did as a freshmen and still blows hot and cold every night.

Milton Jennings > Wayne Buckingham***

Feb 10, 2013, 4:25 PM

His band did a concert in Littlejohn in the late 80's if I

Feb 10, 2013, 8:12 PM

remember correctly

Raymond Sykes

Feb 10, 2013, 4:31 PM

That guy used to give me the worst headaches... Akin to Milt.

Re: Raymond Sykes

Feb 10, 2013, 4:46 PM

Raymond Sykes was A COMPLETE BEAST. He has some of the best highlights in the past decade. Dude was a highlight real that hustled. What was wrong with Ray?

He was lazy, and stunk until Senior year

Feb 11, 2013, 1:22 AM

And even then, he was very limited.

His SR year he only averaged 5 boards a game...How much

Feb 11, 2013, 2:49 AM

hustle is that?

Look at their #'s, especially their SR years...Milt grabs 2

Feb 11, 2013, 2:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Raymond Sykes ]

more boards,scores 2 more points, shoots considerably better, twice as many assists and double the TO to Assist ratio...

All because he was a 5 star coming in

Feb 10, 2013, 4:34 PM

not really his fault he was overrated. His big problem is he is lazy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vincent Witt, he thought he was MJ to much

Feb 10, 2013, 4:40 PM

Would try too many tough shots. Didn't really pan out as I thought he was gonna be pretty good

Re: Has there ever been an individual basketball player at

Feb 10, 2013, 4:50 PM

The guy is a BUM.

They need to kick him off the team.

Why cant everyone see that this cat is a cancer?????

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO SEE???????????????????????????

Brought alot of it on himself. I was for Brownell cutting...

Feb 10, 2013, 4:55 PM

him loose after last incident. Wish he had.

He is embarrassing.

Feb 10, 2013, 5:08 PM

Agreed, should have cut him.

Clark Bynum***

Feb 10, 2013, 5:04 PM

Re: Clark Bynum***

Feb 10, 2013, 7:51 PM

Which player overpowered a highjacker on an airliner and saved Roxy Music's Bryan Ferry? I was thinking Clark Bynum.

Re: Clark Bynum***

Feb 10, 2013, 7:53 PM

Yeah, just looked it up. Was Ed his brother?

Re: Re: Raymond Sykes

Feb 10, 2013, 5:18 PM

Ray was lazy, had no game away from the basket, couldn't hold on to the dang ball, and was utterly miserable from the charity stripe. Pretty sure if I typed in Raymond Sykes beast mode on YouTube it would return "No Results Found."

Good post - Joe Ward was a peculiar case

Feb 10, 2013, 7:42 PM

Bill Foster convinced Ward to attend Clemson from Griffin, GA in early 80's. Ward had all-star camp credentials and could dunk like Michael Jordan. He had an outside shot and mediocre ball handling. Ward came in with great promise and started the 1st few games his freshman yr. ACC Rookie of the week a few times. Ended up in Foster dog house. Rarely played the rest of year.

Transferred to UGA. Played with Dominique. Drafted in 2nd round of NBA draft four picks after Dennis Rodman. Last guy cut by Phoenix Suns. Long CBA & overseas career.

Do not know whole story but IMHO Foster recruitment ruined his career. He had superstar skill sets but never gained the pre-requisite fundamentals. In any event, like Terrence Oglesbee, another curious case on Clemson Hoops history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the electronic nature of the bashing these days, not

Feb 10, 2013, 8:10 PM

really easy to make a comparison. As a student we used to give crap to "Stone Hands" Raymond Jones, who could miss ANY post entry pass. That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Feb 10, 2013, 10:57 PM

Clark Bynam. If Ai Gore had invented the internet when he was here, the bashing would have been even worse.

Feb 11, 2013, 7:20 AM

Lazy and no leadership.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic