Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has coach Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,889

Has coach Swinney

Nov 12, 2018, 11:24 AM

Commented on the reason he kept TL in the game Saturday? With all that has happened in the last five or six games I believe that he now feels comfortable with the performance of Brice and isn’t concerned about his ability to be the backup quarterback. Obviously, with the championship drive just beginning, he perhaps thinks TL needs to get more snaps. This was especially true Saturday because TL was a little off with the deep ball and maybe coach felt like he needed the extra game work. Having two of the offensive linemen out also gave the qb a chance to work with the subs. The left tackle spot is a vital position for the qb to have success. In any event, the Tigers are in great shape to close out the season in a very positive way. I don’t believe that any of us felt good about the season until Brice proved himself early ..... and often. That game with Syracuse May have been a big turning point for this team. It certainly made all of us more comfortable. Agree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes we forget that TL is a true freshman who...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:27 AM

...didn't start until the 5th game of the season and even in that game he didn't have a chance to get reps. BC has a very good D and it was an opportunity to give him some real world experience he can't get on the practice field. We are in Championship Phase and that requires us to prep for the upcoming ACC and CFP games.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes we forget that TL is a true freshman who...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:31 AM

You are spot on in my opinion. I’m anxious to see how the coach plays out these next two games. I feel like Brice will get a little more work since they are home games.

Re: Sometimes we forget that TL is a true freshman who...

Nov 12, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Sometimes we forget that TL is a true freshman who... ]

The kid needs the reps!!! The pracyice field can't replicate game speed. He can only get bigger, better, and stronger!!!!! His decision making skills can only get better, and the practice field can't prepare him for that. Sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!

/\ Yep /\. Plus, hopefully Trevor is constantly

Nov 12, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Sometimes we forget that TL is a true freshman who... ]

learning. Especially when a batted ball comes back to you! Rookie mistake that I bet won't happen again.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

TLhas only started 6 games

Nov 12, 2018, 11:29 AM

they are opening the play book and probably just getting TL snaps

I think BC is a pretty good team and great LINE play - threw a bunch of interesting "READS" at TL

I think he learned a lot in that game .......

null

Re: TLhas only started 6 games

Nov 12, 2018, 11:40 AM

Right. This BC game came at a good time. Tough road game just as the Tigers begin to prep for the big drive.
Now we can finish out the regular season with two home games. A first for this year! You would hope that your team is playing it’s A game as the season winds down and I believe that we are.

This team is amazing in ways that we seldom talk about. It’s rare for the Tigers to have a penalty. That’s a sign of great discipline and coaching. Turnovers have not been a major problem and the team plays really smart football. Bonehead plays are almost non existent which says a lot about team leadership. Now if we can fix that punting issue!!!!

Plus we were only up 20.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:38 AM

You can score 2 td's in a minute sometimes. A TD followed by a fluke TD and we are only up 6 with enough time to lose the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plus we were only up 20.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:43 AM

It's hard to return 3 punts for TDs in the same game ... but I guess they coulda . Our D ain't letting anybody score these days. ... looking at you BAMA .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yep, "looking at you Bama"... or the Dawgs. Nobody has EVER

Nov 12, 2018, 12:07 PM

faced a D-Line like Clemson's in CFB history. They're all healthy and on a mission. The bigger the game, the more intense the devastation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plus we were only up 20.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Plus we were only up 20. ]

You’re right Neal. That’s good coaching and that’s where we have our biggest advantage. It will really show in a couple of weeks! Hope it’s a day game!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic