Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone on here actually stopped to think that..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,217

Has anyone on here actually stopped to think that..

Sep 10, 2012, 8:58 PM

Coach Morris and V have only showed their basic packages and once we open ACC play things will truly come together for CLEMSON to come out on top as we should always??

Everyone is soooooo critical about the defense and this and that....man let it unfold...we could be watching the steps to an undefeated season and national championship....Clemson's biggest opponent is Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stopping the run is basic and doesn't require fancy or

Sep 10, 2012, 9:00 PM

special hidden schemes. Blitz packages, sure. No one is worried about the offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We also made some fundamental mistakes that allowed

Sep 10, 2012, 10:18 PM

those big runs. Over pursuing the play was a big issue on their long runs. I think people are blowing this out of proportion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Sep 11, 2012, 1:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't give away the secret defense...C'mon***

Sep 11, 2012, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Stopping the run is basic and doesn't require fancy or ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too early to even start thinking about

Sep 10, 2012, 9:01 PM

"national championship" much less actually jinxing it by discussing the topic.......and NO, I'm not superstitious!!................:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way too early to even start thinking about

Sep 10, 2012, 11:11 PM

I think our road to the national championship is pretty hard.

Not only because we have to play fsu away and vtech/scar/gtech/vtech, but there is still no play off system.

It is completely reasonable that a team from the pac 12 (oreg or USC) or a team from the Big 12 (WVU) could go undefeated as well.

I am assuming either LSU or Alabama will go undefeated.

We would have to beat fsu vtech and scar with some authority to get ranked ahead of them.

I'd rather stick to what Dabo has said over and over. Consistently be a championship team (10 win seasons), recruit well, and that "special" year will happen.

Re: Has anyone on here actually stopped to think that..

Sep 10, 2012, 9:02 PM

possibly so. being out of position and the ongoing pass interfearances are a concern though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed..***

Sep 10, 2012, 9:02 PM

Here is my thoughts, here's what I got, stop it if you can.***

Sep 10, 2012, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone on here actually stopped to think that.. ]

null

Message was edited by: kea04®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That bothered me more than the big runs to be honest.

Sep 10, 2012, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone on here actually stopped to think that.. ]

Turnovers will win and lose games and we can't afford to miss those chances if they present themselves again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, and that's good reason for optimism.

Sep 10, 2012, 9:12 PM

Still, the things that plague us early in the season seem to keep popping up and haunting us all year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

lol.. this is a free message board***

Sep 10, 2012, 9:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

From all those who donate to keep Tnet free for you......

Sep 10, 2012, 9:22 PM

You're welcome.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, for one, think that our D has been pretty vanilla

Sep 10, 2012, 9:34 PM

and maybe it's the optimist in me, but I feel like he's got quite a bit we haven't seen.....and although coach morris hasn't necessarily held back, I have a hunch there's a TON of stuff he's got in his bag of tricks that we haven't seen yet.....pretty excited...GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I, for one, think that our D has been pretty vanilla

Sep 10, 2012, 9:42 PM

Morris calls the game based on the opponent. Notice how vanilla our playcalling was in the 1st half Saturday. At times it looked a bit like the Napier/Rob Spence playbook.

Not that I"m complaining because WR screens and runs were really all that was needed to beat Ball State with the massive talent advantage we have. Morris also held back the QB runs because he knew we didn't need Tajh to do that to beat Ball State and he didn't want to risk an injury.

I'm sure he'll bring back the "Sammy Sweep" against FSU which will open up numerous play action opportunities.

I think we would have slowed Auburn's running if we could

Sep 10, 2012, 9:53 PM

have. I'm sure we have a few more wrinkles, but it's not like we were holding anything back because we knew we were going to win (or didn't care if we didn't).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps

Sep 10, 2012, 10:22 PM

I'm concerned about the blown coverages in the secondary and the LB's running into the backs of the linemen and not being gap sound. Those are breakdowns in fundamentals not a result of vanilla schemes. On O we definitely played it pretty vanilla against Ball St. Prepare to see more against Furman.

We should still be better against the run than we've been

Sep 10, 2012, 10:51 PM

Players, not plays.

Hiding the hand!***

Sep 10, 2012, 10:54 PM

Auburn is a better running team than FSU,Ball St may

Sep 10, 2012, 11:46 PM

even be.Bottom line is scoring Defense and so far we've been on the good end of that one.I'm just not sure anybody on our schedule can outscore us.It's not just coach speak when they say "the only team that can stop Clemson is Clemson".I'm not saying we run the table,We'll crap the bed at some point.

I'm sure. Here's what I thought more concerning our D

Sep 11, 2012, 12:45 AM

- D got better during the game against Auburn. Good sign of coaching.

- We don't have a lot D Line talent, but they are doing fairly well for being a young group. There is simply a strength & talent gap. I believe Brooks and Venables has done a good so far.

- Secondary is weaker than I thought they would be. We don't have any DeAndre McDaniels or Justin Miller's. We have Travis Blanks, but he's only played 2 games. Once again, there is a talent & experience gap.

- The Red Zone Defense seems much improved over last year.

- We'll know a lot more about our team in the next 2 weeks. We saw what a Coach V defense at Oklahoma did at FSU last year. If we can have a similar night, that will be a good test.

- It's gonna take time to build the Defense (talent, experience & Depth).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, you can't take anything from the cupcake games

Sep 11, 2012, 1:44 AM

Theyre about as bad as preseason NFL games...Remember when we almost lost to wofford last year? I guarantee you that we will see a different team in talley

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop? Think? ^^^bumped his head^^^ ;)***

Sep 11, 2012, 3:16 AM

So, you think we went into the GA Dome and held back?

Sep 11, 2012, 7:21 AM

I doubt we held much back playing Allbarn. I remember one trick play on offense where Tajh was in motion, pretending to be looking to the sideline, when the ball was snapped directly to AE. That's not going too vanilla.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,217
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic