Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just finished up the '03 Peach Bowl. Tennessee never really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Just finished up the '03 Peach Bowl. Tennessee never really

May 28, 2020, 8:30 PM

in the game. Had forgotten the "panther" play with Kyle Browning hiding behind the line and getting the handoff from behind then taking off counter to the flow. Hard to believe that was one of his only two rushing TDs in 4 years at Clemson!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harder to believe that was 17 yrs ago

May 28, 2020, 8:51 PM

Hay-Zeus!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just finished up the '03 Peach Bowl. Tennessee never really

May 28, 2020, 9:35 PM

What a great holiday season that was? 63-17 for Thanksgiving then the Peach on NYE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Peach Bowl vs Tenn was January 2nd.

May 29, 2020, 1:21 AM

When we played Kentucky in the Peach Bowl it was NYE. I'm glad Clemson won that game because it was a low scoring boring/ugly game played mostly between the 30's. The reason we won is that a Kentucky LB intercepted the ball in front of the endzone in the final minute, and instead of just falling down, and running the clock out, he ran it and had the ball stripped. 3 passing plays later, CLEMSON WINS! I remember when the Kentucky LB ran the ball telling my guest how stupid he was just before the strip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Peach_Bowl_(December)

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: That Peach Bowl vs Tenn was January 2nd.

May 29, 2020, 2:11 AM

You are correct. Still a good period. Wonder why they broke from the NYE game that year? They had two games in 2004 as Miami played Florida on DEC. 31 later that same year.

The score did not reflect how thoroughly they were beaten***

May 28, 2020, 9:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I sent a few faxes to the Peach Bowl that year.***

May 28, 2020, 9:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I sent a few faxes to the Peach Bowl that year.***

May 29, 2020, 2:19 AM

Did you scratch out Humanitarian from the fax from a few years before. Deer Humanitarian. I mean Peach. I did. LOL.

May 28, 2020, 10:01 PM

That season was such a rollercoaster! Opening day blowout loss to Georgia in a noon game heatwave. Great overtime win against a decent Virginia team. Looking stupid against Wake Forest only to tear down the goalposts against FSU the next week. We might have beaten anyone in the country during those last few weeks.

May 29, 2020, 2:35 AM

Sounds typical. Under TB didn't they beat Miami one week then could not even hit a FG against Duke the next.

May 28, 2020, 10:04 PM

I remember that game well. All the Tenn fans were crying because they felt like they deserved a better opponent and they were stuck having to play little ole Clemson. They got what they deserve.

Tenn LB Burnett trash talked for a week before the game.

May 29, 2020, 12:07 AM

At one point in the game Yusef Kelly (or Duane Coleman?) trucked heralded Tenn LB Kevin Burnett on a run to the right. Burnett jumped up and went to push Kelly, and Kelly pushed Burnett on his butt again. Burnett jumped up again with Kelly just standing there waiting, and Burnett returned to his huddle butt-hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

May 29, 2020, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Just finished up the '03 Peach Bowl. Tennessee never really ]

I remember Phil Fulmer whining in one of the pregame press conferences that TB was trying to make a recruiting issue over the game. He loved recruiting our area from what I remember.

May 29, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Just finished up the '03 Peach Bowl. Tennessee never really ]

I remember walking around in the pre game festivities and Tennessee fans telling us to go home, that we dont belong here. Our fans sure did show up, the cadence broke out once every 20 minutes before the game and it was LOUD, you definitely had the vibe that this was going to be a fun game for Clemson fans

Re: Duane Coleman Hit Them In The Mouth....---

May 29, 2020, 12:04 AM

.....before the game.....and Chad Jasmin hit them in the gut during the game.

Thing of beauty.

Ole' Val Kilmer look alike at quarterback for Tennessee was rattled a bit too.

May 29, 2020, 8:48 AM

He was hell on special teams though. I remember him bringing the boom on Devin Hester I believe or possibly causing the opening kickoff fumble against South Carolina.

Cory Boyd...(no relation to Tajh)...***

May 29, 2020, 1:29 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was one of many who bought tickets to that game

May 29, 2020, 9:45 AM

after it sold out and the website kept selling tickets. It worked out well because I had put in an order for upper bowl tickets, but when they made things right I ended up with lower level tickets on about the 40 yard line. We were sitting next to some guests of Chick FilA who were wearing dress clothes. We had them all doing Clemson cheers (no woohoo) by the end. That was a fun game and all the UT fans were so sad leaving the dome...and really, sad UT fans are the best UT fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Man, Act Like You've Been There Before.

May 29, 2020, 10:02 AM

That kind of crap belongs in Columbia, where it never happens either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

To be fair, I had not been there before

May 29, 2020, 10:05 AM

you know, in that dome watching my Tigers beat Tennessee. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

FIFY: To be fair, I had not been there before...

May 29, 2020, 10:08 AM

or to any other Clemson game for that matter, because coot. I had custom "C_ocks for Vols" shirts made for the occasion but ended up being embarrassed by Tommy Bowden's tremendous coaching performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Great memories from that trip...except for

May 29, 2020, 10:16 AM

the dude puking two rows behind me.

UT got trucked.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic