Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hard to believe its been 18 years....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,469

Hard to believe its been 18 years....

Feb 8, 2015, 8:21 AM

since the Tigers won four conference basketball games in a row. Almost 2 decades....And should the Tigers beat Miami today in South F-L-A, it will only be the 7th time in Clemson basketball history that feat has occurred. Think about that for a moment. In about 100 of years of playing a sport, Clemson's only won four conference games in a row 6 freakin' times... If that had happened in football, Death Valley probably wouldn't have 2 upper decks.

Clemson football fans are amongst the most passionate, most knowledgeable and most hospitable fans in the country. They've long had the reputation of travelling "en masse" to away venues and for being phenominal hosts to fans visiting Death Valley (with certain obvious exceptions).

But Clemson basketball fans are a different breed....and No, I'm not talking about Clemson fans who also visit Littlejohn to maintain their IPTAY level. I'm talking about the handful of people you see at every game, recognize their faces at Holiday Tournaments and the occasional away game at which tickets were available to opposing fans. Folks who thought "ACC Friday" was the greatest day in sports every year. Folks who sit and laugh and reminisce about the first game played by a Clemson basketball star or a former coach's eccentricities or the first basket by a kid who usually kept the bench warm. ....You may know one, but the chances are slim......Still, they're out there.

Clemson basketball fans are, of necessity, a hardy breed who've endured the slings and arrows of Tobacco Rd fans yet relish the few triumphs over evil; folks who've shaken hands with defeat but didn't sell their ACC Tournament tix after the first round...regardless.

Basketball is the only major sport at Clemson that never carried the reputation of multiple league championships. Those fans and the ones who've secretly wanted to be a devoted Tiger hoops maniac will watch this evening's game intently....with the same hope. Maybe the Tigers can head into next weeks matchup against the Fightin' Squamish with a chance to do something even more remarkable.....win 6 in a row.

Beat the Canes!

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have won 4 in a row many times, usually several times....

Feb 8, 2015, 8:31 AM

A year. What they are saying is that Clemson has only won 4 ACC games in a row on 6 occasions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have won 4 in a row many times, usually several times....

Feb 8, 2015, 8:34 AM

sorry, I should have made that clear

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard to believe its been 18 years....

Feb 8, 2015, 12:52 PM

Very interesting facts, but we'll be going for 5 in a row today...not four.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic