Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Harbor Freight reaching out to Hospitals who need PPE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Harbor Freight reaching out to Hospitals who need PPE

Mar 23, 2020, 5:32 AM

Wanted to pass this along to anyone who works in a Hospital in need of N95 masks and gloves:

Dear Harbor Freight Community,

As we’ve been following the news over the last few days, we’ve heard about the severe shortage of protective gear for hospitals, healthcare workers and first responders as the impact of COVID-19 is being felt across the country. America depends on these heroes every day and in the days ahead we will depend on them even more. At Harbor Freight, we want them to know that they can depend on us too.

So we’ve decided to donate our entire supply of the personal protective equipment items listed below to front line hospitals with 24 hour emergency rooms in the communities served by our stores.
• N95 Masks
• Face Shields
• 5 and 7 mil Nitrile Gloves

If you work at a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in need of these items, please ask the office in charge of procurement at your hospital to go to https://www.harborfreight.com/ppe-request.html? so they can provide us with the information we’ll need to determine if we can make a donation. If you’re not with a hospital, but would like to give us the name of a hospital with a 24 hour emergency room in your community that might need our help, please email us at hospitalhelp@harborfreight.com, identify the hospital’s city and state in the subject line, and our team will follow-up.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS AT YOUR LOCAL STORE OR OUR CALL CENTER AND PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT HOSPITALS—THEY’RE BUSY HELPING THEIR PATIENTS.

For hospitals we’re able to help, we’ll email them a voucher when the supplies are available for pick up at their local Harbor Freight Tools store.

Although we certainly won’t have enough of these supplies to fill everyone’s needs, we’re going to donate everything we’ve got. We also recognize that there are so many other critically important people responding to this crisis and that there is need everywhere. We’ve chosen to focus our efforts on hospitals with a 24 hour emergency room with the hope that we can help as many people as possible right now.

Thank you and God Bless,

Eric Smidt
Owner and Founder
Harbor Freight Tools

Link follows:
https://em.harborfreight.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DAQpglLjHJlYQGpc73GRAzct7zezduNOezaTIBKzb9j6J5U38J3vrwCLe4unw68XzdGCInVXtpKX%3DUUUYRRY&_ei_=Eq2tf9zs59idfPO1Sc_9BbnKxKZIkuA9hoUorFBLmhsAhAYuGGMe95gLuw9O8H6hyTo8lyFH5fIexmqM94F7AoErgc9F-sjvy1dmDxwqVJ3mVsdx5RuUNkpN-nr6g6n7Jg.&_di_=s3hba11vrrkdn39bn7ligp9kto3cmaudlo9v1l1mqigmtanf6va0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope their PPE

Mar 23, 2020, 9:16 AM

is better than their tools. Have to be really careful when shopping there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

It's either certified or it's not

Mar 23, 2020, 9:27 AM

I know what you mean but I'm sure this stuff is fine. Unbelievably awesome move by HF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope their PPE

Mar 23, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to I hope their PPE ]

Agreed. A lot of their stuff is crap quality - kind of expected for the price they charge. Some things are a good deal like their gloves, tack cloth etc... If you need a cheap niche tool that you don't plan to use more than a couple of times I've found their tools to be a decent option. For something I plan to use a lot - I spend the extra to get a name brand quality tool. I call it the "Made in China" store; but they do employ a lot of Americans in their brick and mortar stores.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

zactly..their tools are largely trash***

Mar 23, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to I hope their PPE ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

It’s all Chinese imported, lowest cost tools out there

Mar 23, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I hope their PPE ]

So.. you get what you pay for. For simple stuff like a vice, they aren’t bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Harbor Freight reaching out to Hospitals who need PPE

Mar 23, 2020, 9:23 AM

This is the kind of community response that will make a huge difference in battling this virus. Well done Harbor Freight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic