Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to...

Jun 3, 2017, 9:27 AM

my birthday once. I'm 65 today. That's not a big deal these days but it is to me. Both my grandfathers died of heart attacks at the age of 64. Daddy died 46 years ago at the age of 36 with his first heart attack.

Today I've set a new record for men in my family. 65 even after two open heart surgeries, 8 known heart attacks, 7 children, two wives and two sons in college now and two football NCs and our wet behind the ears headcoach, two rookie OCs and a young but seasoned DC leading us into an era of the best football in our history.

Celebrate with me today.

BTW this is my last birthday, next year I'll celebrate the first anniversary of my 65th birthday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to...

Jun 3, 2017, 9:31 AM

Congrats!
6-3-17, it was meant to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 3, 2017, 9:41 AM

Great notice there! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to... ]

Congrats to you, sounds like you've been blessed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2017, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to... ]

NICE! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW!

Jun 4, 2017, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: In my 8 years of Tnetting I've only brought attention to... ]

Dan, that is fantastic! Keep eating, exercising and living right and we'll all be pulling for you!

happy bday 88***

Jun 3, 2017, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper! HA! (I am 65, too, but soon will be 66) Hope we both have many, many more!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My best to you, Pops.***

Jun 3, 2017, 9:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My best to you, Pops.***

Jun 3, 2017, 9:44 AM

Thanks!!!!! Have a great day, and the 6-3-17 reference was a classic one, too. I know there are many fans who immediately picked up on that one. It is a score that will live in infamy.

I'm sorry to say that has diminished in importance to me.

Jun 3, 2017, 9:52 AM

There's something about beating OSU, OU, ND, LSU, UGA, AU, FSU and jerking a knot in Saban's butt by whippin his best Bama team ever that makes stomping a mudhole out of USuCk's butt insignificant in the big picture.

But it is downtime, time to look back complain a bit and celebrate a lot. It's time to look forward with certain ease at a bright future for our University and our Football Program. It is a sure good time for me.

Re: I'm sorry to say that has diminished in importance to me.

Jun 3, 2017, 10:04 AM

I don't know how you survived this past season, but you won't need the yearly stress test. I left the NC State game with my first ever migraine, which I fixed at Esso.

Congrats

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2017, 9:00 PM

I sat there and endured the "coasting", but I wondered how long it would be until we got caught, taking a lead, playing sloppy football, playing down to opponents, and being happy sitting on a little lead. It finally caught u in the Pitt game. The good news is, we awakened to finish like the champions we were, but I will say, I hope lessons were learned. i hope we dominate from start to finish and never let up in time for an opponent to come back and make it a close game that we really could lose. We have seen it many times (Louisville, ND, NCSU, the Auburn game in Auburn when we backed off way too early and they wound up beating us). I want us to stomp mud holes in their arses and walk them dry, and then with no time left on the clock put in the mop up guys to finish the job. The lack of "Killer Instinct" has hurt us on many occasions, IMO. I say get them down, and then stomp on them! You know they would do that to us, if they could.

Jun 5, 2017, 8:19 AM

I completely agree. I was just expressing that after beating traditional top ten teams as we have consistently over the past five or six years that beating a bunch of losers like USuCk isn't as big as it once was.

After two consecutive appearances in NC games beating USuCk is no more or less than a pleasant memory. That's not to say that it isn't the biggest game on our schedule for one week every year.

Jun 5, 2017, 9:19 AM

This all is very true, and I have felt that way for decades. They did elevate their interest level to most media and sec pundits due to Spurrier's little stretch of success, but that faded, then vanished, and once again they are an insignificant memory that amounted to nothing.

Jun 4, 2017, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry to say that has diminished in importance to me. ]

If this time in Clemson's history isn't good for someone on here, they must be a coot lurker. We have it going in everything that really matters. That is what eats at their very heart. So glad to be a Tiger!

Jun 3, 2017, 9:50 AM

Congratulations... Happy Birthday and go tigers!

Jun 3, 2017, 9:59 AM

It also means you qualify for a well earned government check from Social Security.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2017, 10:06 AM

Congrats. Kinda weird to say about somebody's birthday. But anyway, Happy birthday.

Jun 3, 2017, 10:15 AM

congratulation Lost my dad to heart attack at the age of 56. Iam going on 71 and have three stents and feel great.....exercise is the best medicine

Jun 3, 2017, 10:47 AM

I'm restoring a classic Benz for exercise. I fear it isn't enough though. Thanks for reminding me, I need to do more.

Jun 3, 2017, 11:05 AM

Good luck with that 88' I recently bought an 05' SL500 - having ABC issues - know a good independent MB mechanic?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jun 3, 2017, 3:20 PM

There's a collection of all that is knowable at the end of this link. I became a member there years ago with I started having trouble with my benz.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/

Jun 3, 2017, 10:15 AM

I'm way ahead of you....just celebrated my 8th anniversary of my 65th birthday last month. :)

Enjoy the milestone.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday!***

Jun 3, 2017, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 3, 2017, 10:49 AM

Congratulations on your big 65. I hope you can overcome your health problems and celebrate this occasion many, many more times. I celebrated my 65th. 30 years ago and these 30 years hence have been fantastic. Enjoy every day to its fullest, love those who are dear to you and appreciate every moment God grants you.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.

Jun 3, 2017, 11:01 AM

Your presence here is a blessing to me. I appreciate you and wish you live as long as you want and want for nothing as long as you live.

Jun 3, 2017, 10:50 AM

Happy Birthday.

Congrats 1988!! Wishing you many anniversaries to come.***

Jun 3, 2017, 10:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday 88'

Jun 3, 2017, 11:00 AM

Hope it's a good one for you. I turned 41 on Memorial Day

You're almost grown.

Jun 3, 2017, 11:02 AM

Am I sounding my age yet?

Re: You're almost grown.

Jun 3, 2017, 11:06 AM

You're getting there ??

Congrats!!***

Jun 3, 2017, 11:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday! I'm impressed you've survived so many...

Jun 3, 2017, 11:22 AM

Wives.

I couldn't survive that many.

~JKB

?? HaPpY 65th BiRtHdAY

Jun 3, 2017, 11:25 AM

DAN..the man from TN!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you remind us every year. Ita good to celebrate more in life!

Jun 3, 2017, 11:24 AM

Happy birthday!!

null

Happy Social Security and Medicare Eligibility!!***

Jun 3, 2017, 11:42 AM

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I went down last week to signup for SS .

Jun 3, 2017, 11:47 AM

I was talking to my ex on the phone about it just yesterday. I told her I forgot my ID and the demanded I prove my age. So, I tore my shirt open and showed them the gray hair on my chest.

The ex said, "Why did you take the easy way out and just drop tousers. They'd have started giving you disability right then and there." :)

Re: I went down last week to signup for SS .

Jun 3, 2017, 11:50 AM

I thought you were going to say you tore open your shirt to show them your open heart surgery scars.

Happy you're still with us.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Jun 3, 2017, 11:49 AM

Happy Birthday, I hope it is a great one for you.

Congratulations!!***

Jun 3, 2017, 12:05 PM

Jun 3, 2017, 12:17 PM

Happy 65th old guy! ;)

Jun 3, 2017, 3:21 PM

Thank you, sir.

Happy Birthday, old but young Friend. This August 5th,

Jun 3, 2017, 12:34 PM

I'll hit #70, surprisingly to say the least.

I'm sure you'll be around a lot longer to help celebrate our next national title.

Jun 3, 2017, 1:20 PM

Thank you for allowing us to share in your celebration. I wish you a Happy birthday and all blessings life has to offer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Happy Birthday, '88

Jun 3, 2017, 1:38 PM

... and many "anniversary" wishes to come!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2017, 2:00 PM

Happy Birthday 88! And I recommend with the health history of your family, you stay out of the P&R board and stop arguing with idiots like me!

It could go south for you quick bro. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just something I do for sport.

Jun 3, 2017, 3:25 PM

My guess is that most of us will calm down a bunch when football gets going again. I enjoy and appreciate you Felix. You have made my prayer list. Before you say it's a waste of time just let me share something. I've never prayed for anyone that God didn't wave the magic wand over my heart and put love in it for them. I reckon that's how he does it. I really don't understand and I've never asked.

Re: That's just something I do for sport.

Jun 3, 2017, 3:31 PM

^^^Class Act right there^^^

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Congratulations. I hope that you can celebrate

Jun 3, 2017, 2:58 PM

many more. I celebrated the 12th anniversary of my 65th this spring. Hug those who are dear to you and tell them that you love them.

Two wives should've done you in. I'm not doing it again.

Jun 3, 2017, 3:00 PM

Happy B-day old timer.

Congrats!

Jun 3, 2017, 3:37 PM

Hope you are with us to see the 4 or five next National titles! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jun 3, 2017, 5:19 PM

Happy birthday!! It's a shame that us seniors can't get these young whipper snappers to appreciate all they have to be greatfull for! The truest words ever spoken is the old saying which I think comes from Lord Byron, that ,"Youth is wasted on the young!!!"

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

I'm late to the party but the irony is....

Jun 3, 2017, 5:41 PM

I gave you your 65 Thumbs Up. Happy Birthday!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you just lurk in the dark until a milestone point total..

Jun 3, 2017, 5:56 PM

is reached then pounce on the TU button? You have more milestone TUs than any of us. Didn't you put Lightbulbbill in the HOF?

Thanks, brother. I appreciate you and the stories of times with your son. A good son can be the sum of a man's life.

Re: Do you just lurk in the dark until a milestone point total..

Jun 3, 2017, 6:25 PM

this one was just by chance. I helped LBB get there that day. had to do a lot of digging that day.

wish you a wonderful birthday day. I'm 48 now and hope to see 65 and a few more NC for Clemson sports.

I do love my son and he makes my life a lot better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you just lurk in the dark until a milestone point total..

Jun 3, 2017, 6:40 PM

I would have guess you much younger than 48 with a child that young. We had my baby boy, the one in Charleston Law, when I was near 40. Trump was pushing 60 when his boy was born but you know who takes the cake. Abraham. He was over a hundred and knocked up a 90 year old woman. That takes a man in every aspect.

I'm guessing I'll catch it from him over saying it that way when I meet him.

Oops! I clicked like before I looked at the count

Jun 3, 2017, 6:27 PM

If I could take it back so you could stay at 65 I would.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oops! I clicked like before I looked at the count

Jun 3, 2017, 6:42 PM

I could send a Tmail to crump or B and get them to fix that. I think I'll let it hang around and try and get the point total to 6317 if it's ok with everyone.

Even better!***

Jun 3, 2017, 7:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6317 seems like a lot. 567 should be doable

Jun 3, 2017, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Oops! I clicked like before I looked at the count ]

let's go for that at least

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Congratulations! I hope the Tiger Baseball team

Jun 4, 2017, 11:55 AM

provides two wins for you today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats brother! I share your birthday...1968 model here***

Jun 4, 2017, 8:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Be Late Ted Birthday CT88!

Jun 5, 2017, 8:22 AM

Dang you're a survivor. Was it the first wife or second wife that caused all those heart attacks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Happy Be Late Ted Birthday CT88!

Jun 5, 2017, 8:48 AM

It was something in my jeans. I reckon you could say it was Jeanetic.

The warning labels on those pills say you're supposed to

Jun 5, 2017, 8:50 AM

check with a doctor to make sure your heart is healthy enough for #####.

But I agree with you, some things are worth dying for ;)

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: The warning labels on those pills say you're supposed to

Jun 5, 2017, 9:03 AM

The only pills I ever took were birth control pills. Clearly they controlled nothing.

Jun 5, 2017, 8:32 AM

Congratulations...two sons in college @ 65 impresses me. You have been blessed. Here's to many more!

Happy birthday! So, what is the 1988 a reference to?

Jun 5, 2017, 9:33 AM

Did you graduate at age 37 or is it a reference to something else?

null

Re: Happy birthday! So, what is the 1988 a reference to?

Jun 5, 2017, 10:12 AM

Yep, but I think I was 38. I first tried to apply at Clemson at the age of 31. The girls at the admission office told me to suck it. My ACT testing was too old to be considered. The following year I enrolled at G'ville Tech. I spent two quarters at Gville tech. I had enrolled for my third quarter which would have given me just enough credits to be a sophomore at Clemson when I had my first heart attack. After a five bypass surgery which at the time required the removal of my heart from my chest, I missed that third quarter.

When I decided to test the Clemson waters in 1985 but was still short of having a full year behind me. The Building Science program didn't take transfers because it was under the roof of the Architecture College so I enrolled in engineering and wasted a semester because Architecture allowed transfers from within the University.

I spent the fall semester of '85 to Christmas of '87 working 40 hr/wk and faced a situation where I could graduate in the summer of 88 or have to do two more full semester in for sequential courses in fall of 88 and spring of 89. I consider it a wasted year so I took 24 semester hours that summer of 88. Summer school was two six week sessions. I took 12 hours in both. I had to physically and verbally intimidate my adviser to get his signature on the paperwork.

I graduated on Aug of 1988. I had four children when I enrolled in Clemson and added that baby boy which is in Charleston Law now during my Jr year. My life has been a wild and very exciting life. One might say that's the only way to really live.

TL;DR, yes, Aug 8, 1988.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Another edit for an old man who can't remember the horrible details of his senior year:

I took 24 hours in the Spring regular session in 1988 and two 9-hour, six week long summer sessions. It took 15 years for the nightmare of the final exams to subside.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Impressive to say the least.... oh, and Happy Birthday!!!***

Jun 5, 2017, 10:23 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY******

Jun 5, 2017, 10:26 AM

Jun 5, 2017, 11:13 AM

Happy Birthday! You truly have alot to celebrate. Let's hope the Tigers give you a win for your birthday! Take care of yourself!

Jun 5, 2017, 11:25 AM

Happy Birthday brother an I hope you break the tradition by 50 years so the whole family can claim healthy hearts that live a really long time!! Your a baby just getting started!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

So, am I grown yet or is that yet to come?

Jun 5, 2017, 11:39 AM

I thank you and everyone for the kind comments.

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic