Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: How bad do YOU want Clemson-FSU tickets? Some students camping out 13 days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: How bad do YOU want Clemson-FSU tickets? Some students camping out 13 days

Oct 10, 2013, 4:07 PM

How bad do YOU want Clemson-FSU tickets? Some students camping out 13 days

Tickets for the Clemson home game against Florida St. will be a hot commodity, and many fans will pay top dollar for good seats. These Clemson students, however, have been camping out for 13 days for a chance to sit in the front row of the student section. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I foresee several flattened bleachers***

Oct 10, 2013, 4:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was a student

Oct 10, 2013, 4:11 PM

I saw at least one broken bleacher every week

Re: When I was a student

Oct 10, 2013, 4:42 PM

When I was a student during the final days of Frank Howard and the beginning of the Hootie era, all students who wanted tix got them and you got to sit between the goal line and the 30.

Usually there were lots of empty seats even though this was before the upper decks.

Of course, what you got to see was some pretty poor football ... we had NO wining seasons while I was at Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2013, 6:50 PM

When were you student, what years?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

I graduated in 1973.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was there in the 70s, Clemson had some....

Oct 11, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: When I was a student ]

average to poor teams from a high of 7-4 in 1974 (Red Parker was coach) to 2-9 my senior year of 1975, still Clemson's all time worst record. While in grad school, we were much improved with a 8-3-1 record under Charley Pell in 1977 and then 11-1 when Ford took over for the bowl game in 1978.

The nice thing was that students had the entire area from the goal lone up to the 50 yard line. Imagine that today! There would be a lot less revenue generated from season ticket holders if that was the case today! Seniors, of course had access to the 40-50 yd. line seats and juniors the 30-40 and so forth. And, we never waited in line for tickets. Things have changed!

this is stupid !!

Oct 10, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to When I was a student ]

staying in line that long. I never camped for football tickets and I'm talkingthe championship year!! I camped for a couple BB tickets, but only 1 night. This is crazy and ridiculous.

^^^went to Clemson when Tommy West was coach.***

Oct 10, 2013, 6:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did

Oct 10, 2013, 8:51 PM [ in reply to this is stupid !! ]

As a Freshman in 1981 we camped out at the library for tickets. (Distribution was at the corner near where I park today) for football tickets and NEVER had to worry about BB tickets. We could walk up after a day of $1.00 Mooseheads at Sloan Street and stroll right in!

I graduated in

Oct 11, 2013, 8:18 AM

Dec 1981. So the year of the championship, I was there. Maybe because I was a senior . .never had to wait like that. Now for BB, like I said we did a couple times.

Re: this is stupid !!

Oct 11, 2013, 1:18 AM [ in reply to this is stupid !! ]

You are right,of course. Why would anyone do that? Unless they have a renewed fervor for a rejuvinated fotball program that seems up to this point to be among the elite. The students do this at Alabama, LSU, Oregon. but we in lofty ACC should be above this. But wait, isn't UNC (with all the fake classes), in the ACC?? Stanford, which of course is a diploma mill, consistently has a top five football team. But then, Clemson is an academic titan, far above schools like them, and other schools like Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame. Uh-huh. what grandiose, delusional BS.

Oct 11, 2013, 3:56 AM

Tell um coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2013, 2:05 AM [ in reply to this is stupid !! ]

so is your pulse! Coot?

Oct 11, 2013, 3:18 AM [ in reply to this is stupid !! ]

I try to understand your feelings, but its impossible to understand anything that coots do. If you want to talk about stupid, you don't have to look very far since cootlumbia is in the middle of the state. Anything cootish is considered to be very stupid. I mean, just look at how seriously stupid your coach looks by changing the Clown story everyday.

Well your handle doesn have "pony" in it.***

Oct 11, 2013, 8:01 AM [ in reply to this is stupid !! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Non Student

Oct 10, 2013, 6:45 PM [ in reply to When I was a student ]

I may have to go camp out and when I get close to door raffle off my spot in line unless a student will get me a ticket also.

Oct 11, 2013, 12:55 AM [ in reply to When I was a student ]

OMG, this scares hell out of me. We've yet to beat a BC team that has typically given us fits in the past. Let's take it one game at a time. Where is Tyshon Dye? Does he have a broken back or what? We need a big power back, but it seems everyone on the the team is injured. We lose to BC, then the Fla. State game is meaningless.

They should just remove the bleachers from the student

Oct 11, 2013, 8:51 AM [ in reply to I foresee several flattened bleachers*** ]

section, they stand the entire game anyways. No need to keep replacing broken bleachers every time.

I think they came for the free pizza******

Oct 10, 2013, 4:22 PM

It sucks that every student isn't guaranteed a ticket.

Oct 10, 2013, 4:44 PM

When I was a student in the 90's, that is what I remember. And if it was a big game and you didn't get your ticket in time, you were in the upper deck.

Am I remembering that right?

null

They still are as far as I know***

Oct 10, 2013, 4:52 PM

As recently at 2009 that was the case

Oct 10, 2013, 4:53 PM

Don't know if it's changed since I graduated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As recently at 2009 that was the case

Oct 10, 2013, 4:57 PM

The first game where students were denied admission was the GT gameday game. They opened up Littlejohn to watch on the big screen (about 1,500 people watched the game from there).

The main reason is that the fire marshall cracked down on the number of hill seats distributed.

at some point they capped it 11k or something back when

Oct 10, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to As recently at 2009 that was the case ]

had to limit the number of Hill tickets that they could issue.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205507740

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Wow...didn't realize that. Thanks***

Oct 11, 2013, 9:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh. Well...I'll shut up then. *******

Oct 10, 2013, 4:53 PM [ in reply to They still are as far as I know*** ]

null

they ran out of tickets for the GT game in '06...

Oct 10, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to They still are as far as I know*** ]

but I think technically everybody is supposed to get a ticket. That time, I think just didn't expect the demand for student tix and didn't alot enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They still are as far as I know***

Oct 10, 2013, 10:18 PM [ in reply to They still are as far as I know*** ]

We aren't all guaranteed a ticket. They cut off ticket distribution for the Georgia game, although I do not know anyone personally who did not get a ticket, I did receive an email saying that they had sold all of the available tickets. All the students received and email that we are not all guaranteed a ticket for the FSU game so we should all start camping as soon as possible. I have been camping with my roommate since Saturday.

That's not cool

Oct 11, 2013, 9:14 AM

when I came in as a freshman in '08 we were told that all students were guaranteed tickets to home football games.

I'm not shocked they did it though, that was the same year that they sold half of the student section for a basketball game to non-students despite a student line out the door.

they're just camping out for better seats***

Oct 10, 2013, 4:56 PM [ in reply to It sucks that every student isn't guaranteed a ticket. ]

No need to camp out, even for "front row"

Oct 10, 2013, 4:54 PM

Just sit on the hill and get there a little early.

Re: No need to camp out, even for "front row"

Oct 10, 2013, 6:41 PM

"A little early" is when they open the gates. A friend of mine gets hill tickets and he had to sit outside the gates at 5 pm for an 8:22 kickoff. Having an actual ticket is a lot better so you know where you will sit.

Back in the day, all students got tickets

Oct 10, 2013, 4:55 PM

Back in the dark ages when Moses sat next to me in Old World Civilization, any student that wanted a tix, got one. Frodo, Clemson,74

Re: Back in the day, all students got tickets

Oct 10, 2013, 8:03 PM

We got in line to get the better tickets. But there were set days/times for freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors to get their tickets.

Re: Front Page Story: How bad do YOU want Clemson-FSU tickets? Some students camping out 13 days

Oct 10, 2013, 6:26 PM

My son and 14 of his friends have been camping out since Saturday. They are 23rd in line and they too have a huge excel spreadsheet so that no one misses class. Pretty cool. I remember doing this a long time ago. It's another great tradition at Clemson.

Re: Front Page Story: How bad do YOU want Clemson-FSU tickets? Some students camping out 13 days

Oct 10, 2013, 6:42 PM

We had our tent out last Thursday, we probably aren't too far from your son. Pickup is tomorrow and it will be in line for a total of 10 days. I haven't missed class either. I think we have about 15 total people taking turns at the tent.

Oct 10, 2013, 11:38 PM

He just responded to me and said they started last before that. They got in line on Wednesday. Amazing!

Oct 10, 2013, 7:27 PM

About half the freshmen class didn't get tickets for the Georgia game.

Current student

Oct 10, 2013, 8:48 PM

Not even close to all students are guaranteed tickets anymore. Not sure the exact number but its thousands less than total enrollment

Hey Alex Errington, how do you have 40 in your group?

Oct 10, 2013, 9:11 PM

There is a limit!!!

Re: Hey Alex Errington, how do you have 40 in your group?

Oct 10, 2013, 10:47 PM

See, this is what is ######## about ticket distribution at Clemson. 40 people in one #### tent. That's horse ####.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thankfully I've just been hooked up with FSU tix

Oct 10, 2013, 11:29 PM

and a sweet parking spot. Good luck students.

Oct 10, 2013, 11:53 PM

We set up immediately following the Wake Forest game in order to be the first tent. It's honestly a little misleading because we received BC tickets on Monday, and continued camping for the FSU IPTAY distribution tomorrow.

It's not a major time commitment. Between twenty people it comes out to an average of 12-15 hours. Some people prefer to do more hours because there are less distractions than there are at home, which enables them to get homework and studying done. Our excel spreadsheet allows people to populate the times that they can fill and calculates the amount of hours each person has done and how many hours remain to be filled, which allows us to be it as equitable as possible.

I don't understand why a few people are criticizing this, other then the fact that they appear to be the type of people who speak before they fully understand a topic.

And yes, there is a limit to roughly twenty per tent (it's proven to not be a hard cutoff). But the tent with forty people may get in some sort of trouble. They've already been annoying enough with their freshman talk of alcohol, drugs, etc. No disrespect, but a lot of them are sketchy, and make some of the girls feel uncomfortable. I digress..

So who has to sit in the tent during the BC game?***

Oct 11, 2013, 5:04 AM

Re: So who has to sit in the tent during the BC game?***

Oct 11, 2013, 12:07 PM

The people in this line are were waiting for IPTAY distribution on Friday morning. The Senior and Junior distribution is next Wednesday after fall break. So no one will be camping during the game.

All 40 of those girls better be sleeping in that tent

Oct 11, 2013, 7:37 AM

[giggity] But seriously, if I was third in that line and those girls just trail out on the last night, there would be a riot.

Happened to me my freshman year

Oct 11, 2013, 9:18 AM

I was in the third tent in line and ended up on the 3rd row because so many people showed up for the first 2 tents.

My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the

Oct 11, 2013, 12:30 PM

hill because of students not abiding by the tent limit like the stupid 40 girls in tent 2. TOO much block sitting also takes up the tickets, and students used to have more sections in the lower deck. I'm all for the camping out instead of the lottery but MAKE IT FAIR!

Re: My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the

Oct 11, 2013, 1:29 PM

Exactly. It's complete garbage how they do this distribution. It's not efficient at all. The camping out thing and all. I can't tell you how many people cut in line during the UGA distribution. It's #########, I'd rather have a lottery system like Carolina.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah lottery with loyalty points would be much fairer***

Oct 11, 2013, 1:31 PM

UNC has a lottery system? Cool.***

Oct 11, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the ]

Re: My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the

Oct 11, 2013, 1:58 PM [ in reply to My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the ]

Too much block seating? If you're on a block you have good seats for MAYBE 3 games at maximum and are stuck in the worst upper deck seats available for the others.

Having people cut in line/have way too many people per tent is not good and should be policed better, but the block seating isn't the problem and actually HELPS with the distribution of tickets and makes sure those who are involved on campus have access to the tickets. You'd just see longer lines if block seating was reduced.

Blocks include fraternities/sororities, religious organizations like FCA, club sports teams, etc who in many cases don't have time to camp for tickets due to other on-campus obligations.

Pissed about a hill ticket. I'll gladly take that off his

Oct 11, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to My son is pi**ed! Camped for over 10 days and is on the ]

hands.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic