Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Citadel Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 443

Citadel Question

Dec 3, 2020, 9:40 AM

its intriguing to me that so many people hate on The Citadel and the people that went to school there/graduated.

Everyone I know from The Citadel went through a lot to get there, went through a lot while there and came out very successful. Strong businessmen and very successful.

When I lived in MB for a while, I would hear people railing on Citadel as well. I really think there is a lot of jealousy that happens and most of the people that call Citadel dudes gay for make dont drop the soap type of jokes are just insecure.

Of all the dudes I know that went to Citadel, most from Camden Military and from all over the Country, they were all good dudes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hear people make fun of the Citadel.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:43 AM

Other than good natured in-state rivalry and picking on Crass because that's just what we do.

Biggest thing I can tell about the Citadel is that if you get a degree there, you have to F up pretty royally in life to end up hungry and unemployed, because they take care of their own on a pretty high level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crash = Plyler

Dec 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

obligatory

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets be real: Its a suped up community college.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I don't hear people make fun of the Citadel. ]

Outside of Charleston, hardly anyone knows what it is. The further you get away from Charleston, the less people know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree....

Dec 3, 2020, 10:39 AM

about those outside Charleston not knowing. Citadel grads are everywhere. Anyone who knows Civil War history knows Citadel.

Re: Lets be real: Its a suped up community college.

Dec 3, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Lets be real: Its a suped up community college. ]

Your comment is way off base. All branches of military have respect for Citadel grads. Check out Newsweek and their review of the Citadel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep they do take care of their own. My attorney............

Dec 3, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to I don't hear people make fun of the Citadel. ]

a old family friend is a Citadel/USC law grad. I learned from past/present dealings they take care of each other. It's like a network which I have no probs with.

I'm proud that The Citadel is in our state.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good guys? Absolutely

Dec 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

Scholars? No not really

Pat Conroy said it best...(parapharsing) "the cadets can

Dec 3, 2020, 9:46 AM

beat off in bed and not rustle the sheets".

Talent right there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I didn't go to the Citadel

Dec 3, 2020, 10:03 AM

But I jerked off in bed last night without waking Red.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Please tell me you blew yer lode on her to give her a nice

Dec 3, 2020, 10:17 AM

surprise in the morning

Citadel dudes are good dudes by most accounts.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:59 AM

I like to pick on them about being ####, shannon faulkner, and stuff like that, but all dudes I know IRL and on here are solid dudes, some are my bestest buds. I'd let most of them bang my old lady, tbh, except for Crass, because I think he's Mackey and would permanently stretch out the old lady's good bits.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Hanh? APM has never heard anyone disparage Cid guys.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

Many go on to serve our country. My good childhood friend did nearly 30 years in Special Forces after graduating from there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

follow up: APM loves the Citadel for beating the coots.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not familar with these people.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like tigermanac is saying that at the current rate

Dec 3, 2020, 10:08 AM

more people make fun of Citadel grads than deaths from the Japanese Tsunami and Chernobyl COMBINED.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you get me

Dec 3, 2020, 10:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the cid guys I know are a little off in the head

Dec 3, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I'm not familar with these people.*** ]

have to be to go there.

Most are raging perfectionists with a penchant for being an #######.

But once again. That's what it takes there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: All of the cid guys I know are a little off in the head

Dec 3, 2020, 3:54 PM

I would expect a comment like this coming from you from all the off the wall post you make. My son graduated from the Citadel and is a practicing attorney with a great family. I do not consider him “ off in the head.” Again a very stupid post on your part...

Old Corps, you're correct.***

Dec 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Went through a lot to get there"??

Dec 3, 2020, 10:37 AM

You mean, a lot of money? Cause for what it is, its expensive.

I tend to pick on them a lot on here because

Dec 3, 2020, 11:47 AM

I worked with them through statewide Scabbard and Blade events and other ROTC stuff.
They called us tin solders, pig #######, and wannabes we called them rump rangers and #### jockeys

All in good fun.

The whole student body is like one big fraternity in terms of networking and support - I think it’s great.

They are no where near as uptight as the Pershing Rifles or Texas AnM ROTC types.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Camden Military is where rich CAE folks send problem kids

Dec 3, 2020, 3:41 PM

Of course they'll do well starting off with daddy's money. But most I've met are grade A a-holes that enjoy a good time but have little respect for others (beyond those that can benefit them).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I rag on them tongue in cheek, bunch of

Dec 3, 2020, 3:49 PM

bell hops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the two most intelligent people I ever knew was...

Dec 3, 2020, 3:57 PM

not a tnetter but a grad of Cid. The other was a high school grad. Both were exe. VP of major construction firms. Tommy Banks ran the G'ville division of Bonitz Contracting. He was a master manager with absolute understandings of estimating and labor.

The other was Dan Malone who ran the G'ville Division of Great Barrier Insulation Co. He, likewise, was a master of both estimating and labor.

The integrity of both was/is and always will be unimpeachable. Both fired me. :)

true story

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 443
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic