Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Hakim, if you get to heaven 1st, tell my daddy I love him."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

"Hakim, if you get to heaven 1st, tell my daddy I love him."

Dec 19, 2016, 8:51 AM
Hakim.jpg(120.6 K)

What Dabo Sweeney told terminally ill Hakim upon meeting him.

If you stop to read only one post today, let this be it. A big thanks to Matt Reeves for submitting this heart-warming story to us. This is yet another example of what the Clemson Family is all about.

From Matt.....
"The young man in this picture is my friend Hakim. Many of you recognize the other guys. Hakim is 23, has terminal lung cancer and with out a medical miracle, he wont be on this earth long. From birth his life has given him lemons...... lots of foster care, group homes, etc.....

When he finally got his break and received a scholarship to SC State it looked like he was going to make lemonade! He soon found out that he had cancer and has been fighting it for 3 years. The prognosis is not good.

Today I had the joy of introducing him to a long time friend, Brandon Streeter, the quarterbacks coach at Clemson, and he introduced him to EVERYBODY! Hakim is a huge Clemson fan and couldn't quit smiling.

The coaches and young men treated him like royalty. I've never been more proud to be a Tiger. The kindness and attention they showed while preparing for a national championship playoff game was amazing. Coach Swinney, in a way only he could do said, "Hakim, I know it doesn't look good, so if you get to heaven before I do tell my daddy I love him."

I couldn't stop the tears. That guy legitimately cares for people. Today he got another win that won't show up in the record books.

Its hard to make lemonade with out sugar. The folks at Clemson provided that today! Enjoy your lemonade Hakim, and thanks to the coaches and players!"

On my Facebook page this AM.

https://www.facebook.com/160254400670038/photos/a.793126227382849.1073741828.160254400670038/1487861277909337/?type=3&theater

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing, OBiWan.

Dec 19, 2016, 8:54 AM

Made my eyes sweat. Prayers for Hakim and his family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: "Hakim, if you get to heaven 1st, tell my daddy I love him."

Dec 19, 2016, 9:01 AM

Sending prayers for Hakim. Just one more reason I'm so proud of our Tigers!

Dec 19, 2016, 9:22 AM

Terrific post, and a true testament of what life should be about. Dabo is a walking example for all of us in so many ways. Hope this young man is comforted some knowing that there are some great people on this Earth and Dabo certainly is one of them. Oh, and I hope he tells Earl that his son loves him, too and that we all love Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have my prayers Hakim!***

Dec 19, 2016, 9:40 AM

Dec 19, 2016, 4:55 PM

awesome story!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer ObiWan,

Dec 20, 2016, 9:14 AM

It's Swinney, not Sweeney.

*ObiJuan***

Dec 20, 2016, 2:01 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pray that God grants Hakim a miracle, as for medicine

Dec 20, 2016, 2:42 PM

they're not in the business of miracles,

they have only their science

of which there is great, great deal yet that they do not understand.

Thank you for posting. Thank you for making this

Dec 20, 2016, 7:41 PM

happen for Hakim. Thanks Dabo, coaches and players for being so awesome and caring for those in need. Hakim is a winner by overcoming all the lemons he received and I am praying that our awesome God will provide comfort, peace and healing during this battle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic