Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Schuessler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Nick Schuessler

Sep 6, 2015, 4:08 AM

I don't know if I'm overreacting but I was disappointed in what I seen from Nick. His decision making and overall play just wasn't good to me. I'm all for giving the man a fair shot to play but of Kelly Bryant is the future I say just go ahead and get him game experience and let him be the second man off the bench.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahhahahahahah!!!!

Sep 6, 2015, 4:43 AM

He went 9 for 11 in his first real playing time. He had a fumble, which was an error, but that can easily be fixed. Besides the sacks, some due to new OL, he was near flawless.

You're absolutely nuts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hahhahahahahah!!!!

Sep 6, 2015, 4:49 AM

Agreed. He did fine.

Now, he may not "look" the part like Deshaun and Kelly...but he's a solid backup for now.

Sep 6, 2015, 5:17 AM

I agree he's a solid back up to Kelly Bryant who's a solid back up to Watson.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:24 AM

The Cole Haters have a new goat to poke .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

What was there to hate about Stoudt...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:47 AM

Stoudt just played bad. Pointing that out, is just pointing out a fact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was there to hate about Stoudt...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:07 AM

Oklahoma says hello. See what Cole did when he got a coach who worked to his strengths. Chad was too stubborn to change anything

Same pass plays were called in that game...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:28 AM

that were called for Stoudt all season. Short passes and passes towards the sidelines. That game proves nothing, cause the play calling wasn't any different. Short passes were Stoudt's strength, and Morris called those plays and Stoudt failed to execute. Also, Stoudt had confidence issues.

Sep 6, 2015, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

Nick knows the playbook. Bryant doesn't. Watch the number of different plays called for each and consider that both are basically rookies. The variety between the two plainly shows that Nick is the more versed of the two.

That being said, any DC would make short time for getting ready for Bryant because the small variety of his sets and variations would make for easy reads. Now that's fine when our Jacks are better than their Joes and it's possible that most of the teams we played Bryant could beat. If we faced a team with comparable athletes, I'm thinking FSU here, we would be at a great disadvantage when Bryant is in the game at the second spot.

It's more likely that with all they'd have to prepare for to face Watkins right now they would pay little attention to Bryant at the third spot.

I'm not dissing Kelly. It's clear his ceiling is in the stratosphere but right now he's at sea level in his knowledge of the playbook. If Watson continues to take first team reps until Tucker heals completely Bryant will become the forth string.

Bryant will have to prove that he has command of the playbook in a game to displace Nick and Israel. It may take him the biggest portion of the season to do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Israel isn't ahead of Bryant....

Sep 6, 2015, 7:49 AM

he has no velocity on his passes. Arm strength is an issue with Israel. Schuessler isn't a rookie, he has been in this offensive system for 3 years.

You're nuts if you think Tucker is ahead of Bryant.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

Tucker will redshirt this year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know that.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:37 AM

I was ignorant and don't be so quick to judge my nuts. They are not the biggest you've seen but have produced seven or more beautiful and productive children. You might be one of them so hold your tongue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

gotta love your optimism.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

He threw what easily could have been a pick six. But, yes, it was his first game. He did make an awesome throw to cain on an out route

Sep 6, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

MarineO: It is not the fact that he had a fumble that is the problem. The problem is he was running to his left and yet kept the ball tucked on his right which is exactly the wrong thing to do. Ball must be transferred to his left to prevent it from being knocked out easily as it was.
I don't care if he was 10 for 10 throwing. He does not have a strong arm and to me looks lost out there. Bring on Bryant next game!!!

You act like Bryant already knows the entire offense

Sep 7, 2015, 6:26 AM

Also, switching arms for ball carriage is a debatable thing to do. The majority of football coaches would go against switching. That's an old rule of thought...sorta like drinking water makes you weak.

Most coaches believe switching carriage results in more fumbles than a ball carried on an impact side of the player.

very happy with Nick but not flawless

Sep 6, 2015, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Hahhahahahahah!!!! ]

Nick committed what some call the cardinal sin in football which is losing yardage on a play by running out of bounds instead of just tossing the ball out of play to avoid a loss of yardage. It would go down as an incomplete pass on those occasions which is why I assume he didn't do the smart thing on those plays but I don't know. Also his decision making wasn't the best in terms of which receivers to hit and when but in fairness he did better than many in his first game of the season.

He played good, should have been playing over Stoudt...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:46 AM

last season.

Re: Nick Schuessler

Sep 6, 2015, 8:05 AM

what you don't know is how much of the play book Bryant knows. Think Streeter knows what he is doing.

Streeter isn't the OC, Scott and Elliot are***

Sep 6, 2015, 8:29 AM

I thought he did well

Sep 6, 2015, 8:25 AM

And with some game film he will get better.

He only went 9-11. Come on Nick what about the other 2!***

Sep 6, 2015, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am sad to say I believe

Sep 6, 2015, 9:00 AM

Tucker Isreal will end up transferring from Clemson. I really liked the kids excitement about being a Tiger and his Talent is obvious with breaking all of Florida high school passing records from Tim Tebow. However, it seems he's sort of treated as a third wheel. If we have recruited so well, why did they even recruit this young man to be relegated to scout team and ride the bench? I believe he deserves better than that and will need to transfer some place where he can at least have a chance to shine. Just my opinion.

How is he being treated bad...

Sep 6, 2015, 9:10 AM

He got hurt and was going to be out like a month, so he got redshirted. Did you think he was gonna come in and beat Watson for the starting position?

^^^^^Post is underrated, well said!***

Sep 6, 2015, 10:39 AM

You have to be a relative or girlfriend....

Sep 6, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I am sad to say I believe ]

he broke a bone in his foot..... Let it play out there WY.

But based on what I saw yesterday unless Tucker has a good scramble/running ability too it's gonna be Bryant ahead of Tucker too.

We haven't treated him badly.

Sep 6, 2015, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I am sad to say I believe ]

The fans are giving him helll even though he hasn't played a down of NCAA football yet.

he's injured, that's why he's redshirting

Sep 6, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I am sad to say I believe ]

he'll get his chance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are fortunate to have talented depth at QB.***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope Deshawn doesn't get hurt***

Sep 6, 2015, 9:40 AM

Re: hope you can remember to spell his name correctly

Sep 6, 2015, 10:11 AM
image.jpg(227.4 K)

SMH

Sep 6, 2015, 9:45 AM

While I am not quite ready to move Nick to 3rd team - I did see some issues that concerned me.
Yes, he had good numbers - but - he also had a couple of very questionable decisions. Similar to Cole last year.
It looked like he simply was throwing to his primary receiver and without reading the defense. He threw one ball that could very easily have been a pick 6 - especially when playing better athletes. He was loose with the ball - aka - the fumble. Like Cole - when he was in - it was an uncomfortable feeling.

I did like the arm strength on that one out throw.

Let's see if he tightens it up next week.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious, Clark?! 9/11 passing for 98 yds

Sep 6, 2015, 10:37 AM

He would start for your coots!

Schuessler = Stoudt***

Sep 6, 2015, 11:04 AM

Wouldn't your logic make

Sep 7, 2015, 9:09 AM

Bryant the first man off of the bench?

Re: Wouldn't your logic make

Sep 7, 2015, 8:32 PM

Yea the first man off the bench. My mistake

Sep 7, 2015, 9:53 AM

With maybe the lone exception one particular team up North that plays a cupcake schedule....

NO team in college football has to definitive starters at QB. To include us.

Nick did what a backup does. He filled in decently when it was time for DW to rest. He did fine!!

Besides, come Midseason, Kelly Bryant will be taking over when the time comes to rest DW!

We too deep! - Go Tigers!!

Sep 7, 2015, 9:55 AM

#### auto correct! That was "two"...not "to" QB....

For our grammar Nazis out there....??

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic