Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Truth is Clemson is 24 games ahead of SC in head to head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Truth is Clemson is 24 games ahead of SC in head to head

Feb 2, 2013, 4:07 PM

games..even though TiGERs had to go to Cola every freaking year from 1896-1959 and play before their fans in their Fairgrounds Stadium..and still won may more than losing!

And, if Coots hadn't won last four (Tigers have had plenty of these including a 7-peat & 5-peat) then the total different in wins would be 28 games.

Still, I take off my RAT cap off to the Coot's FG Team & Fans for their well-played & earned four straight wins, but history shows these games go in cycles, and does anyone believe that Clemson won't be back what with the recruiting, better coaching, consistency, etc.

Main thing is that our state loves its FB and both sides have a pretty good Team to support at this time..and may the best Team win this November.

Saying..GoTiGERs...Stand Up & Fight Boys...beat the Coots, and any other Team that stands in your way to the NC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth is Clemson is 24 games ahead of SC in head to head

Feb 2, 2013, 4:10 PM

The difference is, Clemson expects to win, uscjr is enjoying this little streak because they have never been here before, we have, many many times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson has had 4peats FOUR times in my lifetime...***

Feb 2, 2013, 4:27 PM

to put things in perspective...

Feb 2, 2013, 4:29 PM

South Carolina only has TWO in the entire 120 so years of this rivalry...

Re: to put things in perspective...

Feb 2, 2013, 4:41 PM

Yes that's true...but they have the last one. To give this streak of theirs a kick with a taste of history is lame. It won't last forever so ride it out. It's like everyone is grasping for straws to lessen it when it is what it is.

I'm not grasping for straws...I'm proud of Clemson's history

Feb 2, 2013, 5:47 PM

don't you have some dirt to peck at?

Re: I'm not grasping for straws...I'm proud of Clemson's history

Feb 2, 2013, 6:56 PM

Yes I do...at the corner of Mill and DeKalb streets...or maybe I will try the new Town Square. No....I'll go on out to McRae Road and turn down a side street like Hasty Rd. and peck some dirt there.

Feb 2, 2013, 4:32 PM

Playing in Columbia for most of those years wasn't quite the same as playing in Atlanta all those years against GT. For much of that time, Clemson was the bigger school with the larger fan base so it was more a neutral site than it would seem.

Give Merriweather the ball and

Feb 2, 2013, 4:34 PM

we would have another 7 streak

Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!!!***

Feb 2, 2013, 5:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't even mention REGGIE & his desire to win game. Bowden!

Feb 2, 2013, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Give Merriweather the ball and ]

This kid was fresh while Davis & CJ were tired and were being stopped...and was juiced up and last game as senior at DV...and lo, Bowden took him out!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone be on your guard, this thread is coot bait...

Feb 2, 2013, 4:35 PM

Have your cans of Raid ready and local law enforcement on speed dial...

Tigerslow dutifully made his appearance.***

Feb 2, 2013, 5:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Tigerslow dutifully made his appearance.***

Feb 2, 2013, 5:37 PM

You make it sound so bad.

you misspelled sad.***

Feb 2, 2013, 5:58 PM

Feb 2, 2013, 6:22 PM

I think there is this team called Alabama which just might derail that trip to the NC.
What is it with you people that seem to think that Clemson is NC caliber material.We might have won 11 games last year,we might have beaten LSU(which lost to Bama),but we still lost games to FSU, and USC,neither of which were in the national championship picture at anytime this past season.
Dabo has 4 goals for this team every year,and not one of them is the NC,because even he knows too many things have to go your way just to even get to the game.
Don't believe me!Then just look at what happened to the Irish.It was game set and match before half time.
I like Dabo's approach.You win the opener,win the division,win the conference and beat your instate rival.
Do that and you have had a good season.
But for Clemson to play in the NC they have to do all of that plus lose no more than one game max.That has not happened since the '81 season.
So,other than my rant about the NC,you bring up some good points in your topic.

Feb 2, 2013, 6:58 PM

Nobody thought we were NC caliber in 81 either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 2, 2013, 7:18 PM

Lance Armstrong says "Hi"

Feb 2, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Truth is Clemson is 24 games ahead of SC in head to head ]

And we have been nowhere near NC caliber since then either!

Revenge Tour 2013

Feb 2, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Truth is Clemson is 24 games ahead of SC in head to head ]

Georgia
Florida State
South Carolina
Alabama

2013 National Champs... I like it

Hahahaha

Feb 2, 2013, 10:59 PM

Lol at this thread....better recruits and better coaching, how have you lost 4 straight?

Hahaha at this post...#### fan on t-net...

Feb 3, 2013, 12:03 AM

This lil bro syndrome is amusing...here, have a cookie.

So what? It has been that

Feb 2, 2013, 11:59 PM

way and more for most of my lifetime. I look at the last four and say enough! A DANG disgrace for that to happen and twice it happened in our place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic