Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth about Pitt and Cuse.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The truth about Pitt and Cuse.

Jan 24, 2013, 9:33 AM

Just to set some people straight. Pitt and Cuse were not invited to Join the ACC to boost basketball. They were invited to get ND to the ACC. You see ND has tradition w/ BC, Cuse and Pitt, not to mention FSU, UM and Ga Tech. That is why the ACC did not invite WVU or Uconn even though some consider them more of a football school(WVU). It is a real possiblilty that ND may have to join a conf. in football due to the new 2014 playoff format. The ACC already has them hooked, they just need to get them in the boat. The 5 games a yr is a great start but getting ND in the boat and signing a Huge tv contract w/ espn/nbc would confirm forever that the ACC is here to stay.

Go ahead and say ND will never join the ACC, and I will tell you Clemson will never join the Big12.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people like you suprise me

Jan 24, 2013, 9:57 AM

where do you get your information from? If so and you are correct, can you send me the next lotto numbers?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

I somewhat agree.

Jan 24, 2013, 9:58 AM

I think its all of the above. They wanted them on their own merit from academic and program potential. And they helped get ND exposure in the East.

now the Big 10 is playing the game the way the acc did. If they remain like they are it'll be fine. if the acc folds then they will be in position to land ND.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: I somewhat agree.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:09 AM

ND is a national brand, they don't won't to be stuck in the big10. That is why it's so important for them to keep playing USC and Stanford on the West coast, the ACC gives them New York to Miami.

they also don't want to play 8 ACC games

Jan 24, 2013, 10:19 AM

the ACC gave them what the Big10 wouldn't....limited membership and essentially full benefits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep totally agree.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I somewhat agree. ]

Just saying the big ten by expanding east is now able to give ND more than they ever have.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

ND helped set up the playoff format with the ability to be

Jan 24, 2013, 10:15 AM

included without a conf title...they aren't joining the conf full time. Their plan along with the plan the SEC combined together is THE PLAN for the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's the article that discusses the ND/SEC plan

Jan 24, 2013, 10:16 AM

http://m.si.com/877496/notre-dames-swarbrick-secs-slive-formed-unlikely-bcs-alliance/

ND will never join the ACC .. that is a fact***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only way they do is if the playoff format were to change

Jan 24, 2013, 10:18 AM

and there were 4 16 team conferences and only those were granted access to the title game...that's the ONLY way possible.

Your comment is insulting to the English language.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to ND will never join the ACC .. that is a fact*** ]

Clearly that is not a fact.

null

That most definitely is NOT a fact and

Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 AM [ in reply to ND will never join the ACC .. that is a fact*** ]

that's a fact!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth about Pitt and Cuse.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:23 AM

How much u wanna bet that Clemson joins Big 12 before ND joins ACC?!

my uncle turns into a woman before ND joins the ACC***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:24 AM

Re: my uncle turns into a woman before ND joins the ACC***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 AM

ND not playing a conf. championship game can hurt their chances of making it into a 4 team playoff. They only play 12 per year, but the teams that play in conf champ games play one more game which can boost their rankings ahead of them. That is critical to teams with one lost. Which means teams from a conference w/ 1 lost have a better shot of making the playoffs and a 1 lost ND team would never make it in. It has been said that conference champs will get the nod over none champs.

don't see it happening ever***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:43 AM

The evidence and all reporting suggest otherwise.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:46 AM

Syracuse was an attempt to get a like-minded institution of high reputation that would also fit in with the long-term geography of the ACC (the east coast) and help to capture the New York City market (something we've stumbled on by not getting Rutgers). Notre Dame has played Syracuse a total of six times; three times this past decade and before that not since the 1960's. What bond does ND have with Syracuse that you know about but no one else does? If we were trying to align with a school that would be attractive to Notre Dame we would absolutely have invited Navy, who plays Notre Dame every single year and is academically prestigious and in our footprint. Heck, even Army has played Notre Dame 50 times.

This relationship with Notre Dame is precarious. We're so enamored with them that I fear we will make decisions that are counter to our best interests in the HOPES of ND joining for football. In this particular case, however, that does not appear to be the case.

null

Haha I can't believe people still talk Clemson/Big 12

Jan 24, 2013, 10:52 AM

Pigs will fly and aliens will run the world before that happens. Must be the downtime boredom speaking.

ND will never join the ACC

Jan 24, 2013, 12:11 PM

Never. Ever. Ever. Everybody gives them everything they want at this point. Once they join a conference, that's over. Why would they want that?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic