Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope we never play in NOLA again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,417

I hope we never play in NOLA again

Jan 14, 2020, 7:23 AM

Bad mojo for Clemson Tigers in that town!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope we never play in NOLA again

Jan 14, 2020, 7:26 AM

So if the National Championship was going to be played somewhere down the road, in NOLA, you wouldn't want to play there?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course that’s not what I mean...stupid question

Jan 14, 2020, 7:30 AM

I hope we win every game every year, which if that happens, will inevitably put us back in the Sugar Bowl at some point. I just meant it is my least preferred destination, based on past history. Can’t believe I have to explain that to you.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I hope we never play in NOLA again ]

Come on man, enough. Go troll somewhere else.

Jan 14, 2020, 7:34 AM

Just like the streak in Chapel Hill, the bad mojo of NOLA and the Sugar Bowl will eventually come to an end. Just wasn’t our night last night!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 7:34 AM

We play anyone anywhere... but it almost needs to not have a in-state advantage location. Meh

Jan 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

Interestingly we beat Tulane there the year we won it in 1981. But it hasnt been our best venue for sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 9:45 AM

Yeah Tulane. Who doesn't beat them in NOLA?

The teams we’ve faced in Nola have just been better. Just

Jan 14, 2020, 9:38 AM

... just the way the chips have fallen.

Still, I understand your sentiment.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: never play in NOLA. I HOPE we play there on Jan 1, 2021 because

Jan 14, 2020, 9:48 AM

that means we are in final four CFP and playing in one of the two CFP semi finals! Other semi is at the Rose Bowl with the Natty played at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on Jan 11.

Oh heyall no. Give me a choice of those two venues, and I

Jan 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

would take the Rose Bowl any day. That would be some new and amazing history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had thought of that earlier

Jan 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

Yes our postseason history in NOLA sucks. But look at it:

1959 Sugar Bowl: was playing #1 LSU in situation like last night. LSU also had best player during that time frame (Billy Cannon) & still only won 7-0.

2018 Sugar Bowl: what was supposed to be geo-advantage for us went out the window when the committee picked Bama as #4 seed, making that a pseudo-home game for the Tide. Plus, w/ what we had offensively w/ KB @ QB, we just matched up poorly vs Bama's defense. That said, Bama's O wasn't doing much against our D & had it not been for the 2 turnovers, that game would've been even closer than what it was as a 24-6 contest.

Last night: virtual home game for LSU, had best player in country w/ great supporting cast & a full strength D. We got outplayed & outcoached where we didn't need to be given the hostile environment. That said, we had our chances, just left too many missed opportunities.

With the Rose and Sugar being the semifinals next year, I'm anxious for our team to make a run next year. The history, pageantry, & view of the Rose Bowl is amazing & to take part of that for the 1st time ever, I'd find a way by hook or crook to go take that game in.

Then again, there's a part of me that hopes that if Clemson is in the CFP next year, that we get a bid to the Sugar Bowl. More so, I hope it's a SEC team we'd face so we can go into SEC counrty & lay the smack down on them. As much as our performance in NOLA bothers us as fans, I can guarantee there's a burr under the saddle for our coaches & players and that they'd love nothing more than a chance to erase the visuals and memories of those last trips to the Superdome by getting a victory.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,417
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic