Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is an appeal process. My daughter was accepted into
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 401

There is an appeal process. My daughter was accepted into

Feb 12, 2018, 7:35 PM

The Bridge but appealed the decision. She won her appeal and went into the Early Success Program starting 2nd semester Summer school last summer. Great experience but expensive($6500 for 5 weeks). The program gives them a good start with what should be 2 A’s in two 3 hour classes- Public Speaking and some University 101 course. Also, allows them to get acclimated to campus and bond with a small group. Last year’s group was made up of about 54-56 kids.

Criteria for appeal:
1) Personal letter of why you should be accepted
2) 3 Recommendation letters- she had 2 high school teachers and a very influential Clemson alum.

Clemson was the only college that she applied and really expressed her passion for Clemson in her letter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make sure you choose/change major to an open major.

Feb 12, 2018, 7:43 PM

Can always change majors once you get accepted.

If you want to major in "open", go to FSU.

Feb 12, 2018, 7:44 PM

I see their players saying "Junior--Undeclared" in the player intros all the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Open as in no set number of students allowed. Nursing is

Feb 12, 2018, 7:53 PM

closed. Biology is open. Closed majors are already full with the normal acceptance. Open is not.

Re: There is an appeal process. My daughter was accepted into

Feb 12, 2018, 7:52 PM

Let me tell you something about knowing influential Clemson people. It does NOT help. I know half of the BOT. My daughter had great grades and good SAT but was sent to Bridge. I talked to many of my contacts on BOT (2 were fraternity brothers of mine, two were fathers of a girls I used to date and a couple of others who I have know for years and each of them said they can not influence the Admission process. They all said if Admissions recommended Bridge program they were also going to recommend Bridge. They said they could write letters but that really would not help.
My Son was accepted because he was on track scholarship. Without that he also would have gone through Bridge program.

Probably true. Guess my daughter just wrote a helluva letter***

Feb 12, 2018, 7:55 PM

Your major is a huge determining factor***

Feb 12, 2018, 7:56 PM

Re: Probably true. Guess my daughter just wrote a helluva letter***

Feb 12, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Probably true. Guess my daughter just wrote a helluva letter*** ]

LOL. Maybe so. I was a Clemson freshman in 1976. My brother went to Clemson. My cousin was the first female at Clemson on athletic scholarship back in 1974. Legacy did not help my daughter.
They most likely saw she was MY daughter and that raised all kind of red flags! LOL
She graduated from CU about 4 years ago. She is the biggest Tiger fan there is besides her parents.

It has gone beyond the mission of educating the children of

Feb 12, 2018, 8:07 PM

South Carolina. They would laugh at my application today but I was early admission in 1984.

Knowing a Dean or two has helped***

Feb 12, 2018, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: There is an appeal process. My daughter was accepted into ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had several friends' kids appeal and do the ESP program.

Feb 12, 2018, 8:39 PM

It is definitely a real possibility.

Nothing to lose, although no shame in Bridge either.

Re: There is an appeal process. My daughter was accepted into

Feb 12, 2018, 9:22 PM

Congrats to you and your daughter for not giving up. Clemson is worth the extra trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My niece did the same. Great program! She will graduate in

Feb 12, 2018, 9:54 PM

May. I wish I had access to a similar program when I started, she so far ahead and prepared for that first semester.

Replies: 12
| visibility 401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic