Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this "Morris to Texas" talk smells...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

All this "Morris to Texas" talk smells...

Sep 8, 2013, 10:57 PM

like chicken to me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think Texas will look long and

Sep 8, 2013, 11:00 PM

Hard at chad Morris if we have a solid year. I think he would have a good shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it

Sep 8, 2013, 11:34 PM

From living down there, UT fans, and thus their program, would demand going out and buying a top-tier, already established, head coach.

I like Chad, but lets remember he's never been a college head coach. Don't see it happening.

Now, he'd likely get an interview, because thats how its done, but in the end UT would outbid some school for their coach and buy their new leader.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get k kingsbury if tejas wants a young, great offensive mind

Sep 8, 2013, 11:43 PM

that has hc experience and established relationships all over texas.

he also beat out chad for the job at tejas tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: get k kingsbury if tejas wants a young, great offensive mind

Sep 9, 2013, 8:11 AM

That HC experience may have been why he heat Chad out at TT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt it- ^^this^^

Sep 9, 2013, 6:47 AM [ in reply to I doubt it ]

I agree

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt it

Sep 9, 2013, 7:45 AM [ in reply to I doubt it ]

I agree. They'll go after Les Miles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure that Texas would pony up for the

Sep 9, 2013, 8:06 AM

new hat per game clause. That's expensive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually think Texas will look long and

Sep 9, 2013, 6:39 AM [ in reply to I actually think Texas will look long and ]

Chad is a T&M alum...wont happen
Chads daughter still is in high school; not moving
Take this crap back to FGF

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris

Sep 8, 2013, 11:09 PM

If you think Texas is going to hire an assistant with no HC experience, then you're out of your mind. With their money , they are going after a big name coach with a proven track record. I agree , this smells awfully cootie!!!

Re: Morris

Sep 9, 2013, 8:15 AM

Agreed. As good as Chad probably will be as a HC, it won't likely happen there for his first HC job, although many said the same thing at ND when they hired Fouch (sp) who was a HS coach at the time. That did turn out to be a disaster for ND, by the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily. Chad is the highest paid assistant in

Sep 8, 2013, 11:24 PM

college football. He is widely recognized as an offensive genius. His offense at Clemson has been prolific. He has already interviewed and/or been considered by other schools.

As long as we keep winning and his offense keeps producing, his name is going to come up virtually every time a head coaching position opens up.

I don't know how it got started this particular time, it may be coot related, but get used to it. He is a hot commodity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Someone Tell Texas Bobby Petrino is available...***

Sep 9, 2013, 12:07 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone Tell Texas Bobby Petrino is available...***

Sep 9, 2013, 9:32 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14293474#14293474

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Texas will buy whoever they want from a HC spot, save saban***

Sep 8, 2013, 11:45 PM

They might even go after him. You know what they say,

Sep 9, 2013, 6:02 AM

everything, and I mean everything, is bigger in Texas.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

#Kiffin2UT

Sep 8, 2013, 11:47 PM

Texas this time...wouldn't that be hilarious!! SoCal doesn't want him anymore and the other UT (Tenn) would never take him back.

This is Kiffin's last coaching gig.

Sep 9, 2013, 6:06 AM

Stick a fork in him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#PetrinoTXBound

Sep 8, 2013, 11:51 PM

Bobby might also be a good candidate. Lord knows they don't rely too much on morals at UT - he'd also be a solid candidate with 'head coaching' experience.

Hell, perhaps the Head Fall Coach himself may consider UT after their 8-4 season.

They just better keep their hands off Morris.

coots just trying to turn attention away from their LOSS!***

Sep 9, 2013, 6:24 AM

Mack Brown is done. UT has to win. period********

Sep 9, 2013, 6:39 AM

Re: All this "Morris to Texas" talk smells...

Sep 9, 2013, 7:57 AM

Having seen what Morris has done at Clemson, I think he'd be an excellent head coach anywhere in the country. He, along with Coach Swinney, have instilled a mindset in the program that was missing for so long.

Even so, Texas will not hire an OC with zero head coaching experience. I would think they'd go after Gary Patterson, Chris Peterson or Al Golden.

I think someone will make a run at Morris, but I doubt it's Texas.

If we lose our OC to Tejas...

Sep 9, 2013, 7:58 AM

...we'll have 10 of the next great OCs who expect to be HCs want our gig.

I hope Morris is at Clemson as a 'lifetime' OC, but let's come back from lala land - if we lose someone to be the HC at the school that can buy anyone they want, we're doing things pretty well.

Y'all are a bunch of skeered puppies.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Had lunch with a Texas alum & bigtime fan

Sep 9, 2013, 8:03 AM

at a business conference a few weeks ago. I asked about Brown; he said that the feeling is that this is Brown's last year (unless he went undefeated). He told me the word around Austin is that Texas is willing to pay out up to $12 million/year for the "right coach" and only current head coaches will be even considered (he did say that Saban is the #1 choice of course).

Re: All this "Morris to Texas" talk smells...

Sep 9, 2013, 8:09 AM

I doubt Texas would hire an unproven HC. They have too much money to do that. IMO You are right. It smells like chicken. Now, the coots may try to hire Morris if usuc loses to UF and to us. They will be ready to run spurlid out of town if that happens, and I believe they might lose both those games.

I don't think Texas would hire Morris, certainly not as a

Sep 9, 2013, 8:15 AM

first or second choice anyway. They will be looking to poach a big-name, proven HC from elsewhere.

I would be more concerned about Morris going to the school that lost the coach to Texas or something of that nature.

The HC job at Texas is not currently available

Sep 9, 2013, 8:22 AM

They have a coach and unless and until that changes all the speculation is pointless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I Live in Texas....I am Not Hearing a Lot of Buzz About

Sep 9, 2013, 9:47 AM

Morris.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic