Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My cousin had a class with the Fridge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

My cousin had a class with the Fridge

Dec 21, 2015, 10:30 PM

She said he wasn't that bright. It took me almost 30 years to put 2 & 2 together--that means that at least he was in class and answered questions--some not so correctly. Other schools should try it. Go Tigers! Way to show you can win the right way and still not be complete academic jokes.

True story, but sorry I'm bored. Christmas is cool and all, but I'm kind of looking forward to New Year's eve this year!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My cousin had a class with the Fridge

Dec 21, 2015, 10:58 PM

I'm sure I was in math and science classes with many people who thought I wasn't that bright.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 11:02 PM

I graduated Lauda Whoda Thought it .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: My cousin had a class with the Fridge ]

True statement. I wasn't always the brightest myself. Point was not to pick on the Fridge but to say that he was in class. Maybe could've worded better. Will never forget Fridge's smile or his Super Bowl TD!

I was in a class with Nelson Welch

Dec 22, 2015, 6:41 AM

And I'm pretty sure he was the dumbest person in what was already an easy-A class. Nice guy, but dumb as a bag of hammers. And he absolutely did not care at all. :) Don't remember how often he did or didn't show up, though.

Nelson is dyslexic so at least he had an excuse.***

Dec 22, 2015, 9:01 AM

Don't get me wrong, not trying to bash...he was a nice guy

Dec 22, 2015, 12:32 PM

A little smug, but friendly. You could tell he was getting alllll the ladies and enjoying every minute of it. The teacher had some thinly-veiled frustration for how much she had to dumb down the class for him and several other athletes in there, but didn't ever take it out on them that I could tell.

I had a History class with Harry Olszewski

Dec 22, 2015, 7:27 AM

We were having a test, and Harry was copying from my paper. Big mistake, Harry, I hadn't studied for it either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Used to see Fridge around campus palming his backpack

Dec 22, 2015, 7:51 AM

and making everybody around him look small.
Didn't have any classes with him though.

Did have an english class with Rod McSwain.
Don't know what kind of grades he had, but he
seemed like a good student; sat up front, asked
questions, acted like any other student. He had
to miss a few fridays, apparently for away games.
It's hard to be a student-athlete with fatigue,
stress, time management, and some professors
openly disliking college athletics because of all
the althletic department money, coach's salaries,
etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a class with William Perry my Freshman year....

Dec 22, 2015, 8:17 AM

along with Steve Berlin, K.D. Dunn, Andy Cheatham, Dale Hatcher, and Kenny Danforth.

We were all student-athletes and they recognized me from being around Jervey so we all sat together.

I don't know what kind of grades any of them made but he they were all always in class and took part in discussions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Had Steve Fuller in my SC History class ...

Dec 22, 2015, 8:34 AM

He didn't say much, but IIRC he exempted the final exam.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had Steve Fuller in my SC History class ...

Dec 22, 2015, 8:42 AM

I've always heard that Steve is a really smart dude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I became a Clemson fan because of Steve Fuller.

Dec 22, 2015, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Had Steve Fuller in my SC History class ... ]

When he was the QB at Spartanburg High my brother and his girlfriend went on a double date with Steve and his date. Before the date they stopped at our house and I was in the yard playing football. Steve came out there and threw the fb to me a few times. Made a lasting impression on a 9 or 10 year old boy.

After that I followed his career in HS, College, and the Pros. I became a die hard Clemson fan. Both of my kids are Clemson fans and alums. All because of a game of catch. I never met him again and he surely wouldn't remember our encounter. Just goes to show the impact little things can have on someone's life.

Dec 22, 2015, 8:42 AM

I grew up around a guy who went on to be a great HS, College, and NFL RB.

But....he is quite possibly the dumbest person I've ever spoken to.

One of my HS teachers even admitted to me that her and other teachers passed him through because they knew his only future was in football.

He made the best of that opportunity and went on to do big things in football.

Academics are great, but without a NFL feeder system other than the NCAA I don't think it's 100% fair to some of these kids that are never going to be good in the classroom but they are the best of the best on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Dec 22, 2015, 12:57 PM

"My house, my rules. Oh, by the way, every other house on the block has the same rules. If you don't like it, you can go live on the street"

Something like that.

Sounds like a comment about Big George Rogers to me.

Dec 22, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: My cousin had a class with the Fridge ]

nm

Re: Sounds like a comment about Big George Rogers to me.

Dec 22, 2015, 3:19 PM

Nah, not George, but if what I've heard about him is true, it probably fits the bill for him as well.

I actually taught Chester McGlockton freshman comp

Dec 22, 2015, 8:56 AM

back in my TA days. That, sadly, is my only claim to fame. He was a smart guy, by the way. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him destroy Major Harris.

It took you 30 years to put 2 and 2 together

Dec 22, 2015, 10:19 AM

And YOU are questioning The Fridge ??

pssst-- it is 4

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It took you 30 years to put 2 and 2 together

Dec 22, 2015, 1:04 PM

Oh thanks. I was confused I thought 2 X 2 was 4.

I had a literature class with DeShawn Williams in 2012.

Dec 22, 2015, 3:34 PM

He was in class every day and was attentive to the teacher. I didn't do any group work with him but he seemed to care about doing the right thing.
There was a backup LB in the class too (TJ Burrell, or Marcus Bullard, I am not sure), as well as some Volleyball and tennis girls in there.
I never really saw the whole "athlete preference" in classes. Nor did I see discrimination against them.

had a marketing class with Willie Simmons...

Dec 22, 2015, 3:41 PM

There was a term paper due and I sat next to him in the computer lab until 3 am working on my paper. He was working on his. The way I figure, if the starting QB was writing his papers at 3 am along side me, then all the players were most likely writing their own papers.

Willy was a great guy and he is doing big things as a Head Coach now.

This thread reminds me of that infamous Elden Campbell quote

Dec 22, 2015, 3:47 PM

Anyone know the one I am talking about it? Not posting it myself so as not to feed the trolls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a lab with one of the football players (name redacted)

Dec 22, 2015, 3:57 PM

Don't worry, this was awhile back, prior to Tommy Bowden.
The player leaned over to me while we were working on some kind of report for the lab and said. "Hey, give me your [EDITED] paper, man. Like, right now." I knew he would beat me senseless if I didn't comply. Long story short, he copied everything I had that day BUT from then on I made sure to sit away from him to it wouldn't happen again. Kind of irritated me though.

i sat in front of the fridge in a statistics class

Dec 22, 2015, 4:05 PM

freshman year. he borrowed my homework each class.
he was nice.

Re: i sat in front of the fridge in a statistics class

Dec 22, 2015, 4:55 PM

MY freshman year, not his.

I was in class with Nancy Humphries

Dec 22, 2015, 5:04 PM

the same graduating class, well almost the same graduating class.

also had a music appreciation class with horace & harvey

Dec 22, 2015, 7:37 PM

grant. they eventually dropped it, cuz it WAS actually
kind of a difficult class.

Fridge wasn't recruited for brain surgery, hth.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:32 PM

Clemson and everyone else's schools didn't care if a guy graduated or studied. Thangs was bad allover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic