Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a great time in Columbia today..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,199

Had a great time in Columbia today..

Nov 28, 2015, 10:29 PM

Just got back a few hours ago from Columbia, what a great day so happy our Tigers came away with the W, even if it wasn't as "pretty" as some would like. After washing off the filth, I had a chance to do some reflection on the season to date.

We are 12-0 and finished the regular season undefeated for the first time since 1981. We are #1 in the nation in all the major polls. Today's win was our 15th in a row, the longest active streak in the nation. We just beat our biggest rival at their place, for the first time since 2007, and for the second straight year in the series.

Next weekend we have the opportunity to win the ACC championship for the second time in 5 years. Before 2011 it had been 20 years since we won our conference. However, since 2009 we will have played for it 3 times.

We still have an opportunity to win a national championship this year. We haven't had a shot at that in over 30 years.

We have a quarterback who is a once in a decade, perhaps generation, type player. He will probably be in NYC for the Heisman ceremony in a few weeks, and should be the favorite to win it next year.

We have an awesome head coach who has surrounded himself with talented assistants, and has completely transformed this program.

So with Thanksgiving week wrapping up, and another victorious rivalry week in the books, we have lots to be thankful for. And given what the coming weeks have in store, we also have lots to be hopeful for. So enjoy the ride my fellow Tigers, while we hope this level of success is here to stay, nothing is ever guaranteed.

Walking out today, I passed a lot of folks that were rooting for a team that just finished their season 3-9, and saw their team play its last game of the season. They will have to live vicariously through their SEC brethren come bowl season. I don't think I speak for myself when I say, I've never been more proud to be a Tiger, and I'm certainly glad I'm not them!

Have a great week Tiger fans, Charlotte gets painted orange in 7 days! See you there!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, being "pretty" has nothing to do with it....

Nov 28, 2015, 10:36 PM

Being critical has nothing to do with being happy or not that we beat SCar or that we are 12-0.

The lack of execution for 60 minutes is concerning for some of us as we play a team that totally decimated a team that we went back and forth with a few weeks ago.

We play 1 hour every week. Give your best for that hour, win or lose. Rivalry or not, felt like we were just wanting to get back on the busses as soon as we could. Please finish the game.

Ecstatic we won. Want to still be happy next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, being "pretty" has nothing to do with it....

Nov 28, 2015, 11:50 PM

I watched the game and I never got the feelIng our guys were not giving a hundred 100%. Sometimes you give credit where it's due whether you want to or not. The only real problem for the offense were fumbles and 2 of those were take aways give SC credit for that. They made a half dozen or so good plays on offense that does not mean our Defense was not trying. It may mean the wrong play was called it may mean lack of focus or lack of execution or it could mean they just got beat on that play. Either way I did not see any Tigers look like they wanted to get on the busses. Really stop all the knit picking the Tigers are 12-0 and I am sure anything that needs to be addressed the coaches will handle it.
Go Tigers!

Didn't we just beat the team that team lost to?

Nov 29, 2015, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Honestly, being "pretty" has nothing to do with it.... ]

Or does their game vs. NC State count and the one vs. So. Carolina not?
I get so confused on which ones count and which ones don't.

Re: Honestly, being "pretty" has nothing to do with it....

Nov 29, 2015, 1:03 AM [ in reply to Honestly, being "pretty" has nothing to do with it.... ]

So I guess their players being on scholarship as well means nothing. I guess you look at only records. Because I saw a 3-8 GaTech team beat an undefeated FSU team. But Records don't mean anything in rivalry games. I saw a 1-loss Florida team get SMACKED up and down the field by a 2 loss FSU team. It was a rivalry game. You can throw Stats, and records out the window during those games. People bring their A+ game when it comes to those games. Fumbles happen, people make mistakes. They are 18-22 year old KIDS that are playing a game they love and they will take this win however they can because THEY know that wins are not easy. You are just sitting in a chair at home yelling at a screen while these kids are on the field playing their hearts out for THEIR university. So take it easy. If you ever played this game you would know how hard it is to win regardless of your ranking or record. Even harder when you are the undefeated team on the road against a rival that has nothing to lose. They are playing balls to the walls trying to scratch and crawl their way to victory by any means necessary. You watched the game they were trying to punch out every ball they could. Trying to give their team a chance. Stop being petty.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs-up & thanks & congrats for cheering us home***

Nov 28, 2015, 11:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic