Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a gamecock tell me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Had a gamecock tell me

Oct 29, 2015, 2:46 AM

"That they have a QB coming next year that's a legit Heisman type QB."
"He will change the program."

I said, I've heard that one before, from several schools, but it seems I hear that every year from SC fans; like when Smelley, Garcia, McEvoy, Nosivich, Mitch, and Nuez were coming in. I told him the best QB they've ever had was a 3* WR from Atlanta and nobody saw him coming.

I asked if he really thought this kid would stay committed with all that's happened and he said "he is firm and has been for over a year." Apparently we should be afraid... Just a heads up. Lol.
No way this kid throws his career away at SC's dumpster fire when AU, Ala, LSU, Mich, Clemson, and pretty much everyone else is after him..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their upcoming class will be sparse.***

Oct 29, 2015, 2:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a gamecock tell me

Oct 29, 2015, 4:11 AM

Did he also tell you that (if this is the kid he is referring to)he
would forego playing college football
if he was selected #1 overall in this years pro baseball draft.?

Oct 29, 2015, 6:31 AM

Some excerpts from an article in The State this summer... (Looks like he's excited to play FOR SPURRIER)

"Other colleges need not bother South Carolina quarterback commitment Brandon McIlwain of Newtown, Pa.

Since picking the Gamecocks on New Year’s Eve over Penn State, Auburn, Virginia Tech, Duke, Florida and Cal, he has been 100 percent locked on playing college football for Steve Spurrier...

...McIlwain did say he is hearing some things from baseball scouts that may give him something to ponder.

“It’s been a really good summer, the first summer that a lot of baseball opportunities have popped up and some scouts have told me that the top two rounds are a possibility,” McIlwain said...

... if he is a top two round pick and the big dollars are floated his way? According to Baseball America’s 2015 draft database, outfielder Eric Jenkins of North Carolina, the second round pick of the Rangers, signed for $2 million, the highest bonus of the second round. The lowest signing bonus for a second round pick was $650,000.

“It’s an opportunity I definitely have to look at,” McIlwain said. “I’m keeping all my options open"...

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-recruiting/phil-kornblut/article28788325.html#storylink=cpy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2015, 6:42 AM

Hmmm , take a path in pro baseball that could make millions and bring tou a lifelong dream .
OR :
Sign onto a sinking ship , with no idea of it's course or direction only to be assured of the fact that your peers in Vandy and Kentucky have the better , more tenured coaching situations .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A first or second round pick and a ticket that...

Oct 29, 2015, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Had a gamecock tell me ]

doesn't take him through Columbia and I think that kid's history as far as the chickens go.
Go Tigers!!

Well, this option is already gone....

Oct 29, 2015, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Had a gamecock tell me ]

"...he has been 100 percent locked on playing college football for Steve Spurrier"

You should have recommended the kid wait five years...

Oct 29, 2015, 6:38 AM

until USuCk recuperates from the damage SOS did with his last two years of shenanigans. Who wants to take a snap when he's all alone on the field?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're talking about Brandon McIlwain....

Oct 29, 2015, 7:48 AM

the dual threat QB out of Pennsylvania.

He is also a major league baseball prospect and it will be interesting to see if his interest in $CU changes if he is first or second round pick in the upcoming draft.

Even if he forgoes MLB for college, he also plans to play both football and baseball at the college level. Do you really want you starting QB spending his springs focusing primarily on baseball rather than football? I know guys like Russell Wilson and Famous Winston did it but I don't think this kid is anywhere near the QB those two were/are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This was a guy

Oct 29, 2015, 7:57 AM

that was supposed to be an early enrollee but has since decided not to in order to see where he ends up in the MLB draft. All signs point to practicing a lot more baseball than football. Who knows though - stranger things have happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2015, 8:00 AM

Imo anyone wanting to be a coot, especially now, shows a severe lack of critical decision making skills needed to run a offense.

the fries are fresh***

Oct 29, 2015, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

you're half a quart low.***

Oct 29, 2015, 8:28 AM

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 29, 2015, 8:31 AM

He's probably their best recruit out of the past couple of yrs but the main reason he gave them a verbal commitment is because he really likes their baseball program and they promised him that he can play both sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're not after him nor are some of the other

Oct 29, 2015, 8:45 AM

Programs you mention

Here's your change sir. Always check since not good at math.***

Oct 29, 2015, 8:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had one told me that jon gruden was going to be their next head coach....

Oct 29, 2015, 3:31 PM

Coot speak.... just coot speak.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I Had a gamecock tell me

Oct 29, 2015, 3:36 PM

They were out of regular on pump 8.

Oct 29, 2015, 3:36 PM

One QB does not a team make!!!!

..."No that money pays for the drivers' insurance."***

Oct 29, 2015, 3:52 PM

Re: ..."No that money pays for the drivers' insurance."***

Oct 29, 2015, 4:17 PM

Sounds like Kyle Parker situation.. he may be a better baseball player but the football coaches saying he is next fran tarketon.

He's not even a 5-star recruit.***

Oct 29, 2015, 4:14 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic