Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Superstitions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Superstitions

Dec 26, 2019, 9:34 PM

I never record a game. Found that if I cannot watch a game, do not record it - we will for sure lose.

I will turn off the announcers if we are losing or close to losing. This will be our best chance of coming back and winning, did this for UNC this year and Louisville a few years ago, and a few other times it has worked.

Change shirts if we are losing or just playing bad. This often works to help the team play better.

Wife will leave the room if we are losing - she knows it is her fault.

Shots now when we score a TD. Early on these are full shots, but after a few it is ok to cut back on the quantity just keep drinking one.

This year I have eaten a certain type of hot sausage either before during or after the game. Just have to have them ready to eat. Found them at Publix before the TAM game, so I just keep buying them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You haven't had to or been able to do all that...

Dec 26, 2019, 9:37 PM

for 28 straight games. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had not done a lot of these, we would not be at 28

Dec 26, 2019, 9:38 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe all it takes is wife leaving room then.***

Dec 26, 2019, 9:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re^^^waits for MsG in the bedroom^^^***

Dec 26, 2019, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah cmon***

Dec 26, 2019, 10:51 PM

I have no superstitions but...

Dec 26, 2019, 9:45 PM

who can argue with your way of controlling a game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my main one is I don't get a haircut during the season

Dec 26, 2019, 10:23 PM

Few years back, two years in a row I got a haircut and we lost the following Saturday. I became acutely aware of that fact, so the superstition was born. So now I usually get a buzz in July-August so I can get through January before the mullet fully sprouts.

Except --- 2 seasons ago I had to get one because I was in a family funeral. In December.
Guess what? We lost to Bama in the Sugar Bowl. So not Kelly Bryant's fault, MY fault. Strong reinforcement.

I don't really have any other significant ones. Lucky shirts, hats, underwear, nah. I used to have the "don't-record-the-game" one, but flexed out of that.

Note: I think it is actually more interesting WHY you have the superstition than the superstition itself. So please indulge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasons

Dec 26, 2019, 10:43 PM

the game I recorded was quite a few years ago, it was a game we should have won and I was not able to watch it live, so I recorded it - and we lost - I wish I could remember the game, but it was one of those ".....ing" games (word cannot be spoken or typed.)

The don't listen to announcers started back a few years ago also, I just remember the announcers were making me made and actually sounded like they wanted the other team to win (I know, orange glasses on) but I turned off the sound and ####, we came back. Been doing it ever since. I didn't do it vs Pitt, sorry, nor 'Cuse as I could not even watch that due to a Friday night wedding rehearsal party.

If I don't shave

Dec 26, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to my main one is I don't get a haircut during the season ]

my balls on game day we lose. More time on Saturday mornings might have something to do with it.

Re: If I don't shave

Dec 26, 2019, 11:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djYz6p3i-t0

reason?

Dec 27, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to my main one is I don't get a haircut during the season ]

Simple: It's not about offense, defense, special teams, coaching, recruiting, or off season preparation

It's about what shirt I wear

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my main one is I don't get a haircut during the season

Dec 26, 2019, 10:23 PM

Few years back, two years in a row I got a haircut and we lost the following Saturday. I became acutely aware of that fact, so the superstition was born. So now I usually get a buzz in July-August so I can get through January before the mullet fully sprouts.

Except --- 2 seasons ago I had to get one because I was in a family funeral. In December.
Guess what? We lost to Bama in the Sugar Bowl. So not Kelly Bryant's fault, MY fault. Strong reinforcement.

I don't really have any other significant ones. Lucky shirts, hats, underwear, nah. I used to have the "don't-record-the-game" one, but flexed out of that.

Note: I think it is actually more interesting WHY you have the superstition than the superstition itself. So please indulge.

^^^^A man I understand.***

Dec 26, 2019, 11:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like OCD to me.***

Dec 26, 2019, 11:50 PM

Re: Superstitions

Dec 27, 2019, 1:13 AM

Gonna try the “take a shot every time we score” one and see if the wife goes for it.

we had to make it "every other TD"

Dec 27, 2019, 5:07 PM

You'd be in pretty bad shape after UVA and UNCC

Re: Superstitions

Dec 27, 2019, 6:03 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g

I have a couple

Dec 27, 2019, 9:27 AM

I never wear anything new (Clemson attire) to big games. Have a specific shirt and hat for last playoff games we've won including last two nattys.

Always have to have at least one crown and ginger before every game. Don't really like crown but take it for the team.

I've been wearing the same Clemson t-shirt for every game

Dec 27, 2019, 9:49 AM

since 2015. Things have gone very well since then. The only times I have not were weddings. One of which was the Notre Dame playoff game last year and it still worked out ok, but I'll wear that tshirt until it falls aparat at this point.

ROH

Had a #2 jersey from

Dec 27, 2019, 5:10 PM

The Peach Bowl until the start of this year. That's a hell of a run. It's worn out but sits in a drawer just in case.

Got a 9 jersey for this year. Forgot to wear it once: UNC. My friends almost choked me to death, but we held them going for 2. Won't make that mistake again

Bourbon drink

Dec 27, 2019, 10:27 AM

that's the main one. Wear orange. Drink Bourbon. Win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks doing the bourbon part when it's 100 degrees outside

Dec 27, 2019, 5:48 PM

Have to resort to beer for hawt games. Bourbon comes out mid-October and later though. Or if watching in AC at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't bet on the Tigers

Dec 27, 2019, 2:06 PM

and don't talk s h i t

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

last time I did that

Dec 27, 2019, 3:45 PM

-4 at GT. We get the ball - touchdown. We get a turnover, march right down to the 5 and are going to score again. This is going to be easy

DW4 goes down, we might be OK, we're still on the 5 yard line, and Stoudt has some experience

You know the rest. Never again

Yeah then we set the record for throwing

Dec 28, 2019, 11:08 AM

Pick sixes , probably

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic